mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Tire help anyone? Please?

I've got 2 almost entirely worn out ran through Hutchinson tires on my bike. I need 1 replaced like now. I do not want the same tires as the reviews i've come across say they're mostly crap.

I need Tubeless 26x2 .30

I don't even know how the sizing works, i'm new to all this. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

They're on a Giant AC-1 that will get ridden on the street as well as light trail riding for now.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    The only thing you NEED is a 26" tire. The second number (2.30) is a rough measurement of the width of the tire. It's a rough measurement because one companies 2.2 will be bigger than another's 2.3. Unless you are really worried about weight, I would say that bigger is better but you are limited by what will fit in the frame and fork, make sure you leave a little room for flex too.

Almost any tire can be run tubeless but UST tubeless tires will be more reliable but heavier and more expensive.

I think Maxxis tires are great. The ardent, ignitor and minion are all good models.

hope that helps

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Definitely helped. I was all worried about getting the same size. I could've jsut bougt on Ebay or something. Thank you. I just ended up going to High Desert and buying a cheap replacement tire so i can at least ride the thing. Street tire mostly but i'll get better tires in probably a month. Thanks for your input.