Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbike52 View Post
    That's Impressive... I couldn't get the courage to roll it.

Bandolero Crew N.M.
    Quote Originally Posted by maximo View Post
    On Aug 9th and 10th we will finish a new line that has a drop leading into another big roller. More fun options to test you.
    Sent on my Droid while hitting that $h!t

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by maximo View Post
    It was a lot harder the way it was before… Pretty easy now with that big dirt tranny.
    Last edited by F.N.G; 07-22-2014 at 11:31 PM.

banned
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by F.N.G View Post
    I was a lot harder the way it was before… Pretty easy now with that big dirt tranny.
    Agreed. However, this kind of input is desperately needed during process, not after. Like Stevie says, it would be nice to have a really good showing for the last weekend of this build. If you want your voice heard, please consider backing it with a little sweat equity. I'm truly inspired by the feedback so far, and I know some of us don't see eye to eye on a few of issues, but it would be a pity to not set that aside in order to gain some common ground. See you on build day!
    Last edited by Tres Bottelas; 07-22-2014 at 10:17 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tres Bottelas View Post
    Agreed. However, this kind of input is desperately needed during process, not after. Like Stevie says, it would be nice to have a really good showing for the last weekend of this build. If you want your voice heard, please consider backing it with a little sweat equity. I'm truly inspired by the feedback so far, and I know some of us don't see eye to eye on a few of issues, but it would be a pity to not set that aside in order to gain some common ground. See you on build day!
    If I was complaining, maybe... Just a statement. As you do all the time here.

banned
    May 2014
    If I was complaining, maybe... Just a statement. As you do all the time here.
    Well, I for one am glad you weren't complaining, and believe it or not I'm equally inspired by your statements.

Statements are welcome during work days, too!

mtbr member
    It was a lot harder the way it was before… Pretty easy now with that big dirt tranny.
    yea... sorry about that. at least it leads into jump. The original idea that paul and I had was to make it possible to drop it part way down the roller. never really came to fruition so we tride to make it g out into/over a rock gap... the thing shots you out with lots of speed . so in the end it is still a gnarly line if you take it at speed to the bottom.

but theres no getting around the fact I sanitized it and I do feel bad about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodson View Post
    Bandoleroooooooooooos!

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    That dirt transition was a lot smaller when I was up there last weekend, but maybe it was all in my head... maybe next time I will get the courage to roll it. The area is really awesome love the loops. thanks everyone for putting in the labor to give us this system.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Moar video, less cattywompus

banned
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by warimono View Post
    Moar videos, require moar trails. Moar trails, require moar volunteers.

That be the "cycle" of life, my friend.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by warimono View Post
    I got a cam you could borrow if you want... you dont have to worry about breaking it since its 80 percent there. BUT it still records if you wanna borrow it
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodson View Post
    Bandoleroooooooooooos!

Bandolero Crew N.M.
    After taking a look at both today, I think you'll like the new roller that opens Aug 9th. Check it out. After you turn on the new subrock line, the line to it takes off to your right. With the nice drop right befor it, you will really have to control your speed before the roller and then another small roller. The roller to the left of subrock has some good pucker factor to it as well.
    If anyone else knows of a spot that needs some tweaking, please let me know before the last work weekend this year. Aug 9th and 10th. All input is welcome.

Stucco Bucket
    as abrasive as bab-o

banned
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by the_owl View Post
    as abrasive as bab-o
    You are almost as coy and elusive as notaknob.

banned
    May 2014
    So, I rode up on the dbl blk diamond roller today. I hate to beat a dead horse, but man, that is not an easy roller. My buddy Jeffe walked away from it, and that's pretty rare. It looks a lot different than it did 3 weeks ago. Rain must have settled it some. Have you been up there in the last few weeks, FNG? It may still be easy for you, but at least it's harder than it was.

Also, I see where the new line comes in above sub rock, but didn't have much time to hike it. I was weary of riding in due to the Vando Tape that was strung up in front of the entrance.

Can't wait for the next build day! Hoping for more rain, so the terrain is easy to sculpt.

See you fellas on the trail.

-B

banned
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbike52 View Post
    After taking a look at both today, I think you'll like the new roller that opens Aug 9th. Check it out. After you turn on the new subrock line, the line to it takes off to your right. With the nice drop right befor it, you will really have to control your speed before the roller and then another small roller. The roller to the left of subrock has some good pucker factor to it as well.
    If anyone else knows of a spot that needs some tweaking, please let me know before the last work weekend this year. Aug 9th and 10th. All input is welcome.
    I noticed someone worked the lander on one of the drops after the rocky climb. It flows really well going into the next drop. Thanks!

Bandolero Crew N.M.
    The next and last 3-Bottles build days are this weekend. The 9th and 10th of Aug. These will be the last work days this season for the 3-Bottles Advanced trail project. The support for this project has been great to say the least. I want to thank everyone for their hard work to make this one of a kind project a success.
    We would love to have a big turnout for the last two days to finish this project with a bang! There is still an awesome new line to finish and some finishing touches to do to some existing stuff. A big turnout will help getting everything wrapped up and ready to (HIT THAT $h!t)

9 am at the Tijeras Ranger station or 9:15 at the Mars Ct PL. Come join the fun. See you there!

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Steve, thanks for the update and reminder. My plan is to start at the Tunnel parking lot at roughly 8 AM Saturday and ride up to 3-Bottles to join in the trail work fun. My likely route will be Birdhouse to Tunero descent to Otero and then up Gnasty and Blue Ribbon to 3-Bottles. If any of you are interested in joining me for the ride up, feel free to reply or PM me. Thanks!

mtbr member
    I'm finally going to try and get there to have some Santa Fe sweat in the project. I'll probably be there Sunday. I might join the climb up, I still don't know my way around there solo.
    nix that, livin la vida bandos is a good idea when you're on a Mojo HD

"babies don't drink coors" - del norte

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cabra cadabra View Post
    I'm finally going to try and get there to have some Santa Fe sweat in the project. I'll probably be there Sunday. I might join the climb up, I still don't know my way around there solo.
    Chris, just to clarify, I'm planning to climb up and work on Saturday. Not sure if someone else will be doing a climb on Sunday. If you can make Saturday, would love to have you join us. So far there is one other and myself.

Best,
    ABQ Clyde

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ABQ Clydesdale View Post
    Chris, just to clarify, I'm planning to climb up and work on Saturday. Not sure if someone else will be doing a climb on Sunday. If you can make Saturday, would love to have you join us. So far there is one other and myself.

Best,
    ABQ Clyde
    Yeah I caught that, should have edited my message. Possible to give directions if I need to go solo or anyone else riding up? Maybe there is a Strava route or segment I can follow?
    nix that, livin la vida bandos is a good idea when you're on a Mojo HD

"babies don't drink coors" - del norte

but i want to ride now
    sweet sweet trails

Bandolero Crew N.M.
    Three Bottles technical trail build-aug-trail-work-3-bottles-003.jpgThree Bottles technical trail build-aug-trail-work-3-bottles-002.jpgThree Bottles technical trail build-aug-trail-work-3-bottles-001.jpgThree Bottles technical trail build-aug-trail-work-3-bottles-004.jpgThree Bottles technical trail build-aug-trail-work-3-bottles-005.jpgThree Bottles technical trail build-aug-trail-work-3-bottles-006.jpgThree Bottles technical trail build-aug-trail-work-3-bottles-007.jpgWe had a really good day on the build. The last line we are working on is a double diamond so we decided to beef things up after the second roller. We did a lot of big rock work on the transition off the roller into a big burm. There is about two hours of work left on this last line and fine tune a couple of other spots and call this a done deal. If the weather holds up tonight, tomorrow will do it.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Damn dudes, good work! Sorry, I'm gonna hafta miss the work days this weekend. I been trying to get home from Knoxville, TN for over 24 hours now, and it's looking like I'll be lucky even to get home tomorrow. Stuck in the Houston airport now. Bad weather all over the Southeast... Keep up the good work!

Airborne Flight Crew
    Coming Sunday. Couldn't get the other trail bike sorted yet, so have to bring my dh rig.... might just drive in with the crew....
    Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard – website

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast