Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Just a clarification on the time. We are meeting at the ranger station at 9am. If you want to meet us at Mars Ct, then we'll be there 9:30-45.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by skerry00 View Post
    Just a clarification on the time. We are meeting at the ranger station at 9am. If you want to meet us at Mars Ct, then we'll be there 9:30-45.
    Does that apply to both days?

mtbr member
    Yes

Bandolero Crew N.M.
    It was another awesome day for the Three Bottles Advanced Trail build. About 18-20 people today. There was another 2-way blue line finished and fine tuning of some of the features put in 3 weeks ago, and started on some new goodies. With another good turnout tomorrow some of the more advanced features could get in. So come on out tomorrow and join in the fun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Three Bottles technical trail build-3-bottles-trail-build-002.jpg  

Three Bottles technical trail build-3-bottles-trail-build-003.jpg  

Three Bottles technical trail build-3-bottles-trail-build-004.jpg  

Three Bottles technical trail build-3-bottles-trail-build-007.jpg  

Three Bottles technical trail build-3-bottles-trail-build-011.jpg  

Three Bottles technical trail build-3-bottles-work-day-007.jpg  

Sent on my Droid while hitting that $h!t

mtbr member
    Yea, a great trail day. Cleaning a nasty trail pails in comparison to building a chunk of one. Thanks to the Department of Agriculture and all you hooligans out there busting rocks. One fellow just moved here from Virginia and was digging before ever setting tire on trail. That's community, my friends.

mtbr member
    Great group today. Worked on the submarine rock section. Expanded options, a little different entrance, two drops, two rollers, improved berms.

Thanks to everyone that came out this weekend. It's really taking shape!

Now if we just get some moisture...

mtbr member
    Another good day, If you haven't been out to the trail days you're missing out. Its a lot of work but also a lot of fun.

Three bottles is turning into a trail system rather then just a trail with features along the way. The 2 way trails allow riders to double back and session different lines. Me and Skelly tried looping everything and its definitely anaerobic trying to get the 2 way climbs in.

I think one of the cooler things about the trail is the large variety of options. You can ride the same section 6 times and do a different route each time.

Special thanks to Dude, for letting me borrow the banshee prime!!

photo 0413141055a.jpg

photo 0413141125.jpg

photo 0413141125a.jpg

photo 0413141126.jpg

photo 0413141135.jpg

photo 0413141223.jpg

photo 0413141223a.jpg

photo 0413141314a.jpg

photo 0413141316a.jpg

photo 0413141316c.jpg

photo 0413141358.jpg

Busted

photo 0413141408a.jpg

This roller line is pretty cool

photo 0413141409c.jpg

This guy took an alternate drop line, was cool to see someone push their limits, 3 bottles is already helping people build skills.

photo 0413141414a.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    Special thanks to Dude, for letting me borrow the banshee prime!!
    No problem. I don't figure you for a 29er guy, but I hope it was good for a test roll anyway. Thanks to all those out there doing good work today. we had a great time riding, the trail is really shaping up. We are already looking forward to the next work day.
    "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning." ShakyPuddin

mtbr member
    Im actually saving up for a fs 29er right now. The next work day will finish the second blueline and the second black, the first black being sub rock. I plan on Riding after each build day is finished. It would be cool to do a big group ride out there.

I <3 NM
    Im actually saving up for a fs 29er right now. The next work day will finish the second blueline and the second black, the first black being sub rock. I plan on Riding after each build day is finished. It would be cool to do a big group ride out there.
    Wut? No 27.5 love?

I figured a Pivot Mach 6 w/27.5 would be a killer NM tech trail eating machine.
    "Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Im actually saving up for a fs 29er right now.
    I stand corrected. Then maybe the prime was just the ride for you.

Rumor has it there was some overnight precipitation in the east mountains. Just what the trail needed to pack down those squishy berms. Can anyone confirm?

Bandolero Crew N.M.
    Quote Originally Posted by swildnm View Post
    I stand corrected. Then maybe the prime was just the ride for you.

Rumor has it there was some overnight precipitation in the east mountains. Just what the trail needed to pack down those squishy berms. Can anyone confirm?
    We got about an inch of snow up here. Every little bit helps.

mtbr member
    Rode the new sections yesterday and it is sweet!

Kudos to all that worked towards making this a fun, technical trail. Lots of opportunity for progression, so it'll be fun for everyone.
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

-cabra cadabra

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Maybe a stupid question but I just saw this thread. Is that trail you were working on done or is there more to do?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFist View Post
    Maybe a stupid question but I just saw this thread. Is that trail you were working on done or is there more to do?
    It'll be under construction for another 2 years. Phase one will be done this year. But because of the nature of the trail, multiple one way sections accessible by a long 2 way sections, it can be ridden before total completion. Currently there are 3 or 4 brand new fully rideable sections..

get out and ride it!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Anybody know if the 3B area got much rain on Saturday afternoon? We rode it Saturday, and some of the transitions and berms were still really soft. It was just starting to rain when we left, I'm hoping there was enough rain to pack it all down.

Bandolero Crew N.M.
    Quote Originally Posted by swildnm View Post
    Anybody know if the 3B area got much rain on Saturday afternoon? We rode it Saturday, and some of the transitions and berms were still really soft. It was just starting to rain when we left, I'm hoping there was enough rain to pack it all down.
    I hiked in there yesterday to check it out. Still pretty dry. We need a really good rain to do much. I like the new drop at sub rock. Hey Kerry. From where the new turn into sub rock would be also the perfect plact to turn into the advanced line I flaged with you last year with a nice drop and two rollers in a row. The first drop is just to the right about 20 yards. Take a look when your out there again. Theres one tree to cut at the bottom of the roller.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    It'll be under construction for another 2 years. Phase one will be done this year. But because of the nature of the trail, multiple one way sections accessible by a long 2 way sections, it can be ridden before total completion. Currently there are 3 or 4 brand new fully rideable sections..

get out and ride it!!

Thanks. I've never done any trail building. Was thinking of volunteering one of these days when you guys are out there.

Bandolero Crew N.M.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFist View Post
    Thanks. I've never done any trail building. Was thinking of volunteering one of these days when you guys are out there.
    Cool. Hope to see you out there. The next work days are May 17-18th.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Bandolero Crew N.M.
    I want to throw a reminder. This Sat and Sunday the 17thand 18th are the next Three Bottles Advenced trail work days. The basic trails are pretty much in and a little of the advanced lines are in. Time to get down to the really good stuff. The real meat of the build. We could use all the help we can get for this part of the build. Plus with the lack of any real rain, we need to get as much done as we can befor that dirty C word comes up. So make your pland now to be part of this awesome build. See you Sat and Sunday.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbike52 View Post
    I want to throw a reminder. This Sat and Sunday the 17thand 18th are the next Three Bottles Advenced trail work days. The basic trails are pretty much in and a little of the advanced lines are in. Time to get down to the really good stuff. The real meat of the build. We could use all the help we can get for this part of the build. Plus with the lack of any real rain, we need to get as much done as we can befor that dirty C word comes up. So make your pland now to be part of this awesome build. See you Sat and Sunday.
    I'll be absent this weekend as I'm headed to the Gila on a fire assignment. Be kind to Ryan!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I couldn't make the last dates but will this weekend. Have to keep an eye on Ryan. Are we meeting at Mars Court or at the Ranger Station like the Trail Days flyer says?

mtbr member
    You can meet at the ranger station or at Mars ct 30 min later

mtbr member
    Anyone else going to be biking in?

Steve
    Proponent for an Evidence Driven Life.

Bandolero Crew N.M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. 68 Hundred View Post
    Anyone else going to be biking in?

Steve
    Also there's usually several trucks driving in. Everyone is welcome to throw their bikes in and ride after work. Hope to see a bunch of you guys and gals there Sat and Sun.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast