Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    > Once you have the ability to drag rocks you start looking at the terrain differently

Excellent point, but the reviews and paperwork might be excessive

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jg1990 View Post
    > Once you have the ability to drag rocks you start looking at the terrain differently

Excellent point, but the reviews and paperwork might be excessive
    Better not then... I still want one tho.

Im getting ahead of my self there is still alot of mundane stuff to do first. The best thing to bring is a good attitude.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    At least one riding buddy and I are willing to do our part. You can put Patrick G. and Travis C. down on the list. Please let us know what the schedule will be. Sundays are tough for us, but if the work is only on Sundays, we'll be there.

Thanks,
    ABQ Clydesdale

Bandolero Crew N.M.
    [QUOTE=ABQ Clydesdale;11048416]At least one riding buddy and I are willing to do our part. You can put Patrick G. and Travis C. down on the list. Please let us know what the schedule will be. Sundays are tough for us, but if the work is only on Sundays, we'll be there.
    Thats awesome. Looking forward to seeing you guys out there.The first date is on a Sunday but that won't always be the case. I will post times and days here but if you will PM me your email addresses I'll send out notices. So far I have gotten a great response from you guys and gals. Can't wait to start and see everyone at Three Bottles. Thanks again, Steve
    Sent on my Droid while hitting that $h!t

Bandolero Crew N.M.
    On Sunday the 23rd we will meet at the Mars Ct-David Canyon PL at 10am. and work until 3pm. There will be a few trucks driving in to shuttle people. 4x4 in necessary. As with all FS work projects, proper clothing is required, Long Pants and sturdy shoes. No shorts allowed while working. Protective equipment will be provided by the FS like hard hats, gloves. I will post any updates here and send out to the email list. Let me know if you have any questions. See you on the trail. Steve

mtbr member
    Thanks for keeping this updated Steve!

Looking forward to BUILDING that sh!t!
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

-cabra cadabra

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by swildnm View Post
    I have a HiLift jack that can be used for winching up to 5000lb, But along with the heavy, clunky jack, the winch kit has 20ft of 3/8 chain to haul around. So if somebody is willing to help with the toting, that is a possibility. I've also got an assortment of tree saver straps and other 4x4 recovery gear that would work for moving rocks.
    Done a lot with a come-along (lighter) and rock bars. Not as refined as what Skerry has done-more brute force, but it works and is cheap. Still need to carry the chains, rock bars, and tree saver.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bg2lk15 View Post
    Done a lot with a come-along (lighter) and rock bars. Not as refined as what Skerry has done-more brute force, but it works and is cheap. Still need to carry the chains, rock bars, and tree saver.
    I went "all out" and bought a 50 dollar one from home depot. It'll give me some practice so i can begin to gauge how useful a stronger more expensive one might be.

» Boulders & Winching Techniques

So I got a nylon one.. not as durable but the similarly priced cable one had a 6 foot reach.. This one has 25 with 1 ton limit. I'm going to use the rough estimate of 175lbs per cubic foot... I wont be moving any big rocks but ill be able to grab good sized cribbing stones and cheater rocks.... FYI none of this pertains to the 3 bottles build, I'm easily distracted by new tools and ended up with a come along that hope fully will get used this fall to hand an elk

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    I went "all out" and bought a 50 dollar one from home depot. It'll give me some practice so i can begin to gauge how useful a stronger more expensive one might be.

» Boulders & Winching Techniques

So I got a nylon one.. not as durable but the similarly priced cable one had a 6 foot reach.. This one has 25 with 1 ton limit. I'm going to use the rough estimate of 175lbs per cubic foot... I wont be moving any big rocks but ill be able to grab good sized cribbing stones and cheater rocks.... FYI none of this pertains to the 3 bottles build, I'm easily distracted by new tools and ended up with a come along that hope fully will get used this fall to hand an elk
    He who dies with the most tools wins...

Single Speed Junkie
    Would be willing to donate some 10mm rope if it helps build trails. Original load rating was 27KN or about 6000#. Expect it would hold 3-4000# now.

Bandolero Crew N.M.
    Just a quick reminder. This Sunday the 23rd we will be meeting at the Mars Ct. David Canyon Pl at 10 am. to start work on the Three Bottles Technical Trail build. Hopefully everyone knows how to get there. If not, let me know. Bring lunch and plenty to drink. Also here is a list of Kerries other 2014 trail work dates. Three Bottles is the first project and will go until phase one is complete before Kerry moves on to the other projects. With plenty of help I think we can get this project done in just a few work days. Then Kerry can start some other cool projects. See you this Sunday.
    Attached Files Attached Files

mtbr member
    Im gonna ride up from tunnel. I'll be starting around 8 830 if anyone wants to join

Bandolero Crew N.M.
    Im gonna ride up from tunnel. I'll be starting around 8 830 if anyone wants to join
    Just remember that you have to wear long pants and sturdy shoes or Kerry will turn you away. See you up there.

mtbr member
    Yeah, I don't want to turn anyone away so please come dressed for success!

mtbr member
    Where's the meetup and time for the shuttle?
    www.seanhannity.com <=not what you think it is.

Homeopathy is the Air Guitar of Medicine.

but i want to ride now
    look up ^^^
    sweet sweet trails

Bandolero Crew N.M.
    Just got word that Jay from The Greenside Cafe will be sending out some burritos for us. Claudia is going to pick them up. Big thanks to the Greenside Cafe!

mtbr member
    change of plans... early start at mars ct

Stucco Bucket
    change of plans... early start at mars ct
    Sitting in the Houston airport. Dbags can't do customs right and we missed our flight. Sorry I'm gonna miss day one of 3bs

Airborne Flight Crew
    Hiking shoes good, or do I need hard-toed work boots?
    Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard – website

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    OSHA boots were not specified and most trail volunteers don't own them, so hiking boots seem like a good bet. Flip flops and Tevas, not so much

Airborne Flight Crew
    sweet.
    Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard – website

mtbr member
    I think last count we had 20ish folks today. Bummer Steve was injured but thanks for the AM support - rest that collarbone!

Anyway, thanks to everyone for showing up and making the big push, being flexible and open to suggestions/direction as we build this thing!

Three Bottles technical trail build-image.jpg

Three Bottles technical trail build-image.jpg

I've got a video of finished product being ridden but am too much a Luddite to figure that out just yet.

Thanks again. Until April...

mtbr member
    It was an awesome day. There were about 20 people out there. Everyone worked hard and we got a lot done. Meet a lot of good people today, pretty stoked to see you all out on the next work day.

I only got one picture of actual work

photo 0323141224d.jpg

And a few of some riding. The section that we got done is short but complete. It has a techy climb and a techy decent with berms wall rides rollers and drops to flat. It really is a lot of fun and I'm still very impressed at the amount we got accomplished.

So after building a new trail section we went and rode it, really a great feeling. see you guys on the next one.

Michal740 should have taking all the pictures cause his came out awesome
     photo 0323141444.jpg

I really thought this one would hit harder, DirtySteve popped its cherry first then assured me it wasn't a harsh landing. Glad he gave me the encouragement cause I would have ridden it if he didn't make it look so easy

photo 0323141446.jpg

photo 0323141450.jpg

The second drop is like butta. Calhoun showed that drop no remorse

photo 0323141442b.jpg

Michal740 getten some too

photo 0323141439.jpg

Then there was a stick fight

photo 0323141440c.jpg

And we all laughed our asses off

photo 0323141441-1.jpg

See you guys next time

Bandolero Crew N.M.
    Three Bottles technical trail build-general-041.jpgThree Bottles technical trail build-general-038.jpgThree Bottles technical trail build-general-040.jpgWow! I can't thank everyone enough for the great support shown for the Three Bottles Technical Trail build. It was awesome to see so many people show up. With this kind of support, this project will get done quick. Kind of broke my heart to have to just watch everyone heading in to work. Crappy timing for a broken collarbone. Can't wait to Hit That $h!t. Thanks again everybody.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast