Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Thank You MTBR

3K views 33 replies 20 participants last post by  MTBNate 
#1 ·
Don't know if you noticed, but you can now see who gives you a pos or neg rep. on your account page. We can now see who has been giving all the NEG. reps. So all my thanks to Andy N for most of my NEG reps and even following me to the Az. threads to give me Neg. reps. and Jim Beam. Thanks guys. Good to know.

#29 ·
Go ahead and laugh at tube socks. When my toes get cold I go to my CostCo tube socks, extra long. Also wear $6 Home Depot safety shades. No $30 gloves for me: $9 Master Mechanic gloves with the thermal ones only $18, all HD too. So I look like a dork. Rather spend the cash on good tires, shifters, wheels, and other hardware.

#5 ·
Wow. AndyN has also giving me neg rep. For apparently no reason that I can see that makes sense.

One for posting how much I like my new bike, and one for this post offering info to the OP that was relevant to the thread:
"The new Avid Elixir 7's are solid. I work as a mechanic at an LBS and have built quite a few of those bikes. I have also ridden our demo Epic Comp 29 a lot.

Solid bike".

??

What a d0uchenozzle.

#13 ·
I've given plenty of pos reps, but only one neg rep. Goat got that one when he recently chimed in just to do his usual rant against the Bandoleros.He had not contributed here in quite a while and he just wanted to stir things up. :nono: Just like the other two guys that have been called out here. They rarely if ever contribute here but felt it necessary to throw neg reps and make crude remarks

#11 ·
OK. I don't get it. I looked and probably missed it in the usage guide, but what is the 'rep' thing about? All I can figure out is that some trolls use it to throw poop and run. I got a 'neg rep' for suggesting that a free-body-diagram could help explain the different forces on a brake rotor from a 29" wheel vs. a 26". Not that I care, mind you. I didn't see any money leave my bank account and I still have my birthday. Is there some practical consequence, or does it just make the troll look petty and stupid?

#17 ·
thx 4 the heads up

Those two have hit me as well.

Andy gave me pos rep for the TJ stolen bike thread and posted his name. Then I bumped an old Red Mesa thread and and gives me neg rep without his name and writes troll, lol. Who's the troll? You can act real cool when I can't see your name? Coward.

Then I was trying to give info on a latitudes thread and Jim Beam gives me neg rep on that thread. He posts to go sit on my high horse? Real brave but does not post his name. Again, coward.

After you posted this mtnbike52 I checked my feedback and saw both of them doing this as well. Like you said glad mtbr is doing this, finally.

I guess the Andoleros are making a come back?

#27 ·
AndyN stalked me weekly and neg repped me every chance he got. Even every time I offered helpful info to someone he neg repped me. I can't wait to see his face when he rolls up on all of the Bandos on the trail. It will be priceless!
Goat, the Bandos put in tons of trailwork on many trails, statewide. Why do we need to adopt a single trail just to please you? I wish you would stop worrying about the Bandos. A Bando showed you how to start & operate your own chainsaw,while you stood around & offered smokables, remember?

#3 ·
Hey thanks Jim Beam for the remarks that you just left me. Telling me to get a life. Your the one focused on my post. You get a life and don't worry about me. And yes I'm 57, so if you want to call me a geezer.What ever floats your boat. And yep, I've been known to wear tube socks. Sorry that bothers you. Any thing else? Post it up here where we can all see your immaturity. Proud of my socks and proud of my age.

This post has been deleted
#18 ·
Its the Repocalypse!

I have had the pleasure of some backroom dealings with some of the mods here. Most of them just let me slide for the most part cuz I try to participate in a meaningful context. It isn't until I post here in NM that I get the ban hammer. I always figured it was someone here that had an axe to grind, who might have friends in high places, and reported me to Walt or Crisilio.

I was posting under new account a few weeks ago and Roberto (AKA Jim Beam) sent me a friendship request, and soon after my account was deleted. I think he had gotten wind that his charade was soon to be up. I guess that was his way of coming clean. Someone said it best already with reference to d0chenozzle.:thumbsup:

It's kind of a shame that MTBR kept people in limbo and allowed this to go on for so long. I don't think its necessary to be thankful, either. It should have been demanded it long ago. People have gotten perma-banned for much less than what has been demonstrated by these two RepMongers!
Second that.

#33 ·
Free beer

I'm going to give folks a pass on the neg reps, as long as they post some occasional content.

It's a new day and everyone deserves a new beginning.
If I was a conspiracist, I'd think that the site owners held back on showing who posted what long enough to give users the feeling that their anonymity was sacred (on this small piece of the internet).

I'm sorta surprised they threw long time users to the dogs.

(Disclaimer - I neg-repped Nate for naiveity - guess I owe you a beer)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.