Thread: Taos nmors

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Taos nmors

Not much mention here of the races in TSV this weekend, and that just ain't fittin'. The races were superbly organized from registration to results - including the weather (how'd they do that?). Four times as many entries in Saturday's Hill Climb to Frazer Peak (12,165ft) as last year, and at least 50% more entries in the XC, not to mention the quality of the competition - not much fluff showing up for these showdowns.

The HC proved to be a great warmup (for those that did both) for Sunday's brutal XC race which included several loops and laps between 10,500 and 11,500ft - much of it on rain-fed singletrack. All of this fun beginning at 9300ft, of course.

Again, congratulations to the organizers and all their super help out on the course, as I'm sure there wasn't a disappointed racer in the field - unless it was induced by the endless vertical assault or altitude sickness.

Hey, wait up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garson
    Not much mention here of the races in TSV this weekend, and that just ain't fittin'. The races were superbly organized from registration to results - including the weather (how'd they do that?). Four times as many entries in Saturday's Hill Climb to Frazer Peak (12,165ft) as last year, and at least 50% more entries in the XC, not to mention the quality of the competition - not much fluff showing up for these showdowns.

The HC proved to be a great warmup (for those that did both) for Sunday's brutal XC race which included several loops and laps between 10,500 and 11,500ft - much of it on rain-fed singletrack. All of this fun beginning at 9300ft, of course.

Again, congratulations to the organizers and all their super help out on the course, as I'm sure there wasn't a disappointed racer in the field - unless it was induced by the endless vertical assault or altitude sickness.
    Thanks for the report. High fuel and travel costs kept me grounded at home. It is nice to hear they had a well-organized, successful event.

.d.
    In best Klingon voice: Today is a good day to ride!

New Mexico Off Road Series

Dirt Rocks!

Let Go, and Let Bike.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by LCdaveH
    ... High fuel and travel costs kept me grounded at home. ...
    Travel costs - the pain that keeps on hurting. The only effective salve is the camaraderie. The more of my "classmates" I get to know, the less the money and the time away matters - even if they are bustin' my ass every chance they get.

Forgot to mention: 2800' tot. ascent (5.25mi) for the HC, and 3400' tot. ascent (14.5mi) for the XC.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007