Rohloff

Tandem at Parajito?

I'm thinking of taking a trip to Parajito with our new mountain tandem. I've never been there. I have no idea how they get the bikes on the lift. I'm wondering if their lift will accomidate a tandem. Anyone?

banned
    Half Aspen to Aspen for Trouble. Or you could fly down the service road. There are probably sections of trail that would be Tandem friendly, but you are bound to run into a few tight spots. You could probably do a day of it, but I can't see anything more that that. The other problem might be the lift, but I think your OK.

mtbr member
    Just tell me when you plan on hitting Mother's Milk on that tandem so I can take photos.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bsdc
    I'm thinking of taking a trip to Parajito with our new mountain tandem. I've never been there. I have no idea how they get the bikes on the lift. I'm wondering if their lift will accomidate a tandem. Anyone?
    There are two brackets that hold the bike from the top tube generally. The brackets are about 12 inches apart so maybe it could hang on the two TT's - It might be OK

Rohloff
    Quote Originally Posted by NE2NM
    Just tell me when you plan on hitting Mother's Milk on that tandem so I can take photos.
    Mother's Milk? Why that sounds warm and inviting. I was really hoping for something a little more hard core. We're looking for some sh!t to huck, some boards to grind, and a few log runs. My b!tch don't like to spending much time near the ground.

Seriously though. We're looking for some downhill XC singletrack. Last Thanksgiving, my girlfriend was kind enough to shuttle me to the Sante Fe Ski resort and pick me up at the bottom of the Winsor Trail. That was a hoot. I'm looking for something like that so we can enjoy it together.

I'm starting to worry that all I'm going to find is service roads that are too easy or crazy downhill death rides. Is Pajarito a good place for downhill XC singletrack?

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bsdc
    Mother's Milk? Why that sounds warm and inviting. I was really hoping for something a little more hard core. We're looking for some sh!t to huck, some boards to grind, and a few log runs. My b!tch don't like to spending much time near the ground.

Seriously though. We're looking for some downhill XC singletrack. Last Thanksgiving, my girlfriend was kind enough to shuttle me to the Sante Fe Ski resort and pick me up at the bottom of the Winsor Trail. That was a hoot. I'm looking for something like that so we can enjoy it together.

I'm starting to worry that all I'm going to find is service roads that are too easy or crazy downhill death rides. Is Pajarito a good place for downhill XC singletrack?
    As stated in my previous post...there is really only one choice unless your prepared to maneuver through a lot of tight tree stands and that would be to follow the XC course all the way down or to Aspen for Trouble (there is some good wide open DH and some cool booters) What is your tandem of choice...How's bout some pics?

mtbr member
    http://skipajarito.com/trails.php

Cross Country
    Aspen for Trouble: A twisty sometimes-technical singletrack running from top to bottom on the mountain’s west side. Several other trails branch off of this trail. It is the best-suited uphill trail on the mountains for the XC enthusiasts who prefer to earn their descents.

Aspeñola: A fast, not-too-technical trail heading down the mountain’s east side. While not designed for climbing, it is a great descent for competent riders on XC bikes, and completes the excellent Aspen for Trouble-Aspeñola XC loop. Midway down, riders looking for the next level of challenge can take the Downtown Apseñola section.

Downtown Aspeñola: Step it up a notch with this short section of ’most difficult’ riding. Steep, tight turns and bedded rocks await.

Lower Aspeñola: An XC loop branching off Aspeñola and descending towards the Townsight Chairlift base before climbing back to the lodge. A few more miles of fun, but be forewarned, you will have to pedal to return to the lift.

Service Roads: A variety of doubletrack and jeep trails on the mountain. These are designated ’easiest’, but some are quite steep. Conditions on the service roads vary widely due to vehicular traffic and erosion causing the surface to become loose and/or rutted. Please understand that the ’easiest’ difficulty rating is relative to other trails on the mountain and still requires the rider to have proficiency on an appropriately equipped mountain bike to ride these routes safely.

Midway: Closed for maintenance and construction of a new link from the base to the bottom of the Lumberyard descent.

Freeride/Downhill
    Bonecrusher: Start by crossing a gnarly rock garden and traverse into the steeps. A big drop-off follows before joining into the lower half of Muy Loco.

Muy Loco: Steep downhill with the occasional freeride obstacle and a rock garden. This trail ends at Road 0 near the entrance to the Skills Park... the Dirt Jumps are just down the road from here.

Mother‘s Milk: A steep and challenging freeride descent with jumps, logs rides and a teeter-totter to test your mettle. At the Road 0 intersection one may choose to continue towards Triple Threat or take the road to the Skills Park or the Dirt Jumps.

Triple Threat: Extending the Mother’s Milk experience, this North Shore styled section has it all; drop-offs, a fast series of jumps and an elevated section comprising bridges, log rides and a teeter-totter for those who prefer to avoid the dirt as much as possible.

Sidewinder: This section starts steeply and ends with a pedal-free traverse into the start of Air Raid.

Air Raid: A fast line with many jumps and tight turns ending where Battle Stations begins. At this point one can take Road 0 to the Skills Park or Dirt Jumps.

Battle Stations: Similar to Air Raid with two standout freeride features: a long log ride and a sizeable road gap jump. Ride around options exist keeping the difficulty rating at ‘most difficult’.

May Day: Dive into the trees just east of the picnic area. Here you will find many challenging rock features and jumps before ending at the Camp May Road near the bottom of the Mother Chairlift.

JR: A flowing downward traverse providing pedal-free access to Chupacabra and Natural Selection.

Chupacabra: Pajarito‘s premier jumpline - prepare for take-off!

Natural Selection: Natural freeride terrain with steep rock rollers and drops.

Half Aspen: A ripping descent through the meadows on the west side with numerous rock-ledge drop offs and wide, fast turns. To finish your descent, link into May Day or Leaping Lizards.

Leaping Lizards: An alternative finish to May Day running down Salamander Gully. Fast, flowing and wide-open with several jump features.

Dog Patch: A steep downhill through the forest next to the Dogpatch ski run. A choice route to practice riding the steeps before moving onto the more challenging trails.

Skills Park and Dirt Jumps Park: These two parks include jumps, drop-offs and log rides. Consider practicing and mastering freeride techniques in the Skills Park and the Dirt Jumps Park before attempting the mountain’s longer freeride trails.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Nice write up NE2NM. You mind If I Steal it?

mtbr member
    If you decide to try the tandem up there, please post how it was for you... I have wondered...
    there can be only one... track

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by atenciole
    Nice write up NE2NM. You mind If I Steal it?

I stole it form www.skipajarito.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by NE2NM
    I stole it form www.skipajarito.com
    I'm slow. lol