Hammer

Switchback Build on Birdhouse Ridge

Bob Galloway and I completed the upper switchback on the Birdhouse Ridge Trail. Bob was the instigator of the project and did a lot of prep work before I showed up. We spent about 5 hours on the build. Who would have thought 30 feet of trail would take so long. The switchback, technically a climbing turn, is almost perfect. A little moisture and some helpful people riding it will make it so. Once packed, you should be able to take the outside berm at speed. Enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Switchback Build on Birdhouse Ridge-2012-12-08-13.51.29.jpg  

Switchback Build on Birdhouse Ridge-2012-12-08-13.52.29.jpg  

Placitas Tim

Is the bike OK?
    Nice work! I actually rode up the trail and saw you guys working on it this afternoon. It was my first time on the new trail & first time in Otero since spring. Thanks to everyone who built such an incredible trail! I can't wait to ride it in the other direction but am guessing that won't be till spring at least for me.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I liked the switchback the way it was! Why do those old goats keep sanitizing our trails? If you can't ride it, find another trail. We'll see road bikes on it pretty soon. They even took out those rocks I liked so much. Can we put them back? Isn't there a $300 fine for vandalizing trails? Kerry, can't you do something about this?

I <3 NM
    Quote Originally Posted by bg2lk15 View Post
    I liked the switchback the way it was! Why do those old goats keep sanitizing our trails? If you can't ride it, find another trail. We'll see road bikes on it pretty soon. They even took out those rocks I liked so much. Can we put them back? Isn't there a $300 fine for vandalizing trails? Kerry, can't you do something about this?
    ilold
    "Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.

Hammer
    Quote Originally Posted by bg2lk15 View Post
    LOL, split personality disorder.
    Placitas Tim