Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: swFreeride RIP

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    346

    swFreeride RIP

    Well, it finally happened. Someone decided to shut their freeride site down.

    Southwest Freeride,
    I can't think of a good reason to keep this site going anymore. Thanks Neal, Rich S, Rich O, Daniel, and the others that helped keep it going for a while. It's been real. CU on the mountain... Later
    But not to worry there is an alternative! www.4cfr.com Four Corners Freeride. It's basic now, with a home page and some basic forums. But there is more to come later.

    The emphasis of 4CFR is freeride, downhill, and agressive all-mtn, but all are welcome.

    BTW I will still be here trolling. MTBR is still a cool site.

  2. #2
    banned
    Reputation: Mtn. Biker123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7,330
    Fock! I gotta change my sig.

  3. #3
    Is the bike OK?
    Reputation: nealpederson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    794
    It was an awesome site and it's too bad it ended. Thanks David for all the time you put into it! Thanks Larry for the time you spent on it too!

  4. #4
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    Looks like David forwarded the domains nmfreeride.com and swfreeride.com to azfreeride.com which I run.

    David and I talked about merging the 2 sites originally, but over the couple months I spent re-doing azfreeride to run on the same system as nmfreeride, I think he felt he didn't have the time to keep the site running.

    So with the NM sites forwarding over to our little AZ site now, I would like to welcome any of our NM neighbors to make themselves at home if your so inclined to use it

  5. #5
    Is the bike OK?
    Reputation: nealpederson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    794
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    Looks like David forwarded the domains nmfreeride.com and swfreeride.com to azfreeride.com which I run.

    David and I talked about merging the 2 sites originally, but over the couple months I spent re-doing azfreeride to run on the same system as nmfreeride, I think he felt he didn't have the time to keep the site running.

    So with the NM sites forwarding over to our little AZ site now, I would like to welcome any of our NM neighbors to make themselves at home if your so inclined to use it
    Can you talk to David about taking over the swfreeride.com domain name? If you can't merge the content he had it would be nice if it were at least called SW instead of AZ to be more inviting to everyone in the SW. Maybe we could even get a SW downhill series going that combined races between our states.

  6. #6
    banned
    Reputation: Mtn. Biker123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7,330
    I like this idea. It would have been nice of David to integrate things a little better instead of just handing over the domain.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    325

    series..

    I think this series would do great.. Just talked to a fellow dh'r from az and he wants the same.. Nm, Far west Texass and Az.. It would be a great race series.. Should try for a slopestyle as well.. We just gotta keep the cost and fees to a minimum..

    RIP nmfreeride.. Welcome www.4cfr.com .. This is a great site.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    346
    Quote Originally Posted by mountaingoat111
    I think this series would do great.. Just talked to a fellow dh'r from az and he wants the same.. Nm, Far west Texass and Az.. It would be a great race series.. Should try for a slopestyle as well.. We just gotta keep the cost and fees to a minimum..

    RIP nmfreeride.. Welcome www.4cfr.com .. This is a great site.
    Thanks I appreciate it. We worked hard on the Pajarito Punishment and would love to work on a series. You talking about RR canyon? But the possibilities are the Angel Fire and Pajarito for sure. Ruidoso would be cool too. I'm not familiar with the AZ DH riding, but It could be a good series.
    Last edited by atenciole; 07-28-2009 at 07:11 PM.

  9. #9
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by atenciole
    Thanks I appreciate it. We worked hard on the Pajarito Punishment and would love to work on a series. You talking about RR canyon? But the possibilities are the Angel Fire and Pajarito for sure. Ruidoso would be cool too. I'm not familiar with the AZ DH riding, but It could be a good series.

    I'll shoot David and email and see about getting the domains switched over. As for the series, Steve-O and Joey, aka "Smoken Spokes" are the guys trying to get the race scene in AZ going. Most of the stuff we build/ride is only about 40 miles from the NM border, so it could work.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •