Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cptpowder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    88

    South Boundary 8/10?

    I was thinking of doing SBT next Sun? Anyone down to join? Locals with trail knowledge??
    It will be me and a lady friend. Both strong xc riders.
    I did it last year but memory alone is not enough to venture back without a guide. We started at Valle escondido, up jeep road, EBT, SBT, and shuttle back. Love to do that same ride. Long climb but worth the downhill.
    If anyones got a map of this area that be great too.
    "Sometimes you just gotta say "I'm an irresponsible person, and I put skiing powder before my friends, family, and job.""

  2. #2
    crap magnet
    Reputation: cdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    567
    ...............
    Last edited by cdaddy; 08-04-2008 at 06:41 AM.
    When you find yourself on the side of the majority it's time to pause and reflect.
    -Mark Twain

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rotmilky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    711
    Here's a GPS track that a rider from AZ posted up a couple of weeks ago. Might be useful if you've got a GPS. The ride report is in the AZ forum.

    South Boundary Trail
    "My life's ambition is to see a musical version of MacBeth performed by chickens."

  4. #4
    banned
    Reputation: Mtn. Biker123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7,330
    Looks like they started from Black Lake. Von, you would not be down for some EBT/SBT action this Sunday? I would be willing to drive to LA or meet you in Camel Rock if you could support the remainder.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    223

    South Boundary

    Another good spot to shuttle to is Palo Flechado Pass. Elliot Barker to SB is a great ride from there. At the end of the day, it's easier to get the other car from there, than from the Black Lake start.
    EB does a lot of up and down going across to SB. When you reach the high point of the climb up to SB, you could skip the actual start of SB and continue south to Jaracito Trail, which reconnects to SB at Quintana Pass. Jaracito and the east end of SB are both great downhill routes to Quintana Pass.
    Check the NMES website for full descriptions and GPS tracks, (Jaracito will be there). Route finding can always be tricky, there's always more intersections than on the maps.

    C Cow

  6. #6
    RHRF!
    Reputation: titusbro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,269
    Quote Originally Posted by C Cow
    Another good spot to shuttle to is Palo Flechado Pass. Elliot Barker to SB is a great ride from there. At the end of the day, it's easier to get the other car from there, than from the Black Lake start.
    EB does a lot of up and down going across to SB. When you reach the high point of the climb up to SB, you could skip the actual start of SB and continue south to Jaracito Trail, which reconnects to SB at Quintana Pass. Jaracito and the east end of SB are both great downhill routes to Quintana Pass.
    Check the NMES website for full descriptions and GPS tracks, (Jaracito will be there). Route finding can always be tricky, there's always more intersections than on the maps.

    C Cow
    I'm the guy fro AZ who just recently rode SBT and I agree that parking at EB instead of Black Lake would be a better shuttle option. I got my wife to drop me off but she was not happy driving down on FR 76...

    If I get the chance to ride SBT again, It would be the EB to SBT shuttle route next time.

    Just my 2 cents...

    BTW - that first DH from the EB/SBT junction is THE BEST!
    "The secret of joy is the mastery of pain." (Anaïs Nin)

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cptpowder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    88
    Sick thanks for the info guys. Yeah sounds like EB to SBT is the way to go.
    Anyone else down to go?
    "Sometimes you just gotta say "I'm an irresponsible person, and I put skiing powder before my friends, family, and job.""

  8. #8
    banned
    Reputation: Mtn. Biker123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7,330
    Quote Originally Posted by titusbro
    I'm the guy fro AZ who just recently rode SBT and I agree that parking at EB instead of Black Lake would be a better shuttle option. I got my wife to drop me off but she was not happy driving down on FR 76...

    If I get the chance to ride SBT again, It would be the EB to SBT shuttle route next time.

    Just my 2 cents...

    BTW - that first DH from the EB/SBT junction is THE BEST!
    Yeah its like "heaven on earth"

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    44
    Jeremy, call Jason Hall. We are trying to put together a group on Sunday from Valle Escondido.
    Roy

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rotmilky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    711
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn. Biker123
    Looks like they started from Black Lake. Von, you would not be down for some EBT/SBT action this Sunday? I would be willing to drive to LA or meet you in Camel Rock if you could support the remainder.
    My bike hauling options are nil right now. Just got a new vehicle but the bike rack for it hasn't gotten here yet. Doesn't look like it'll be here before the weekend. So, I can't friggin' get my bike down to Pojoaque unless I ride it nor help with a shuttle. So this weekend isn't looking good for me.

    What about next weekend? Could possibly do it then.
    "My life's ambition is to see a musical version of MacBeth performed by chickens."

  11. #11
    banned
    Reputation: Mtn. Biker123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotmilky
    My bike hauling options are nil right now. Just got a new vehicle but the bike rack for it hasn't gotten here yet. Doesn't look like it'll be here before the weekend. So, I can't friggin' get my bike down to Pojoaque unless I ride it nor help with a shuttle. So this weekend isn't looking good for me.

    What about next weekend? Could possibly do it then.
    PM availability

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cptpowder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    88
    Sweet yeah I talked to him this am. Thanks Roy. Are you able to make it sun?
    Hope so. I ll be in the slow group. Fresh back from broken femur land. But I think Im good to go.
    "Sometimes you just gotta say "I'm an irresponsible person, and I put skiing powder before my friends, family, and job.""

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •