7MGTE

Sol Vista x-post

Me and ROC headed up to Colo this past weekend for some DH. We hit Keystone, Winter Park and Sol Vista it was fun

Here is a few for the NM forum since we are both from here and since PAJ is open both days this weekend.

A few from Sol Vista this weekend :)

ROC on his Demo 9

Me on the Jedi

Bandolero
    You need some carnage photos. There had to be at least one or two wrecks...
    See the trails, be one with FOO-MTB.
    Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by supramk388
    Me and ROC headed up to Colo this past weekend for some DH. We hit Keystone, Winter Park and Sol Vista it was fun

Here is a few for the NM forum since we are both from here and since PAJ is open both days this weekend.

A few from Sol Vista this weekend :)

ROC on his Demo 9

Me on the Jedi
    Awesome. How far back is that jump you are hitting from the one next to it.
    You have ice running through your veins man! Thanks for posting. This board was starting to get a little boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by cfrench View Post
    and when the bike market throws out the next latest greatest thing, you'll sell up and move onto that too.

B1TCH

7MGTE

A few from Keystone

We kit Keystone the first day. It was long fast trails for sure.

Rob on a hip out

ROC same section

and me

Rob on the wall ride

ROC wall riding it!

and last run ROC got a little crazy on the Fuzzy Bunny drop

Oh and since you asked Bruce... One more from last run at Sol Vista ROC is a tuff dude so lucky he was ok. Vid to come later

Single Speed Junkie
    Nice pics supra, looks like you had a blast.

7MGTE
    Quote Originally Posted by F.N.G
    Awesome. How far back is that jump you are hitting from the one next to it.
    You have ice running through your veins man! Thanks for posting. This board was starting to get a little boring.
    Thanks man I think we are going at the end of the summer again for round 2, are you down?

So not many people caught that but yes two jumps (small and little bigger) in the pic. We were on a trail next to these jumps about 3rd run down. I saw a few dudes hitting it and I was like holy I walked over to the big one and looked it over and man it got your blood pumping for sure When I came back some of the other guys were like "how was it?". I said "ah..., shes pretty big but maybe last run".

So they closed the lifts about 2 hrs early on Sun due to the weather. We were able to get last chair thank my lucky stars So we headed over to that area to check them out again. To be honest I was tired and was not feeling it ROC told me come on lets hit the small one at least and I was still thinking na I am good.

ROC walked back up the hill and hit the smaller one, its about 8-10, 8-12 depending on speed. Well he nailed it easy and that got me and Rob fired up. I told Rob lets hit that $hit its the last run, last day! Rob was like well I hear you but that's part of the prob as well (meaning we were tired not 100%). I walked back up to meet up with ROC (he hit the little one like 3-4 times he was having fun) and try the little one.

So got to ROC and I was winded so I watched him hit it again! After that said well last day and I got this big ole bike may as well. Rolled into it, braked checked about 15 feet before jump and nailed it. Bike felt amazing jump was designed well, oh man it was on! Rob hit it after me and I told Rob I think I got the big one Not sure if he believed me, hell not sure I believed myself

At this point Rob did not follow up the hill but ROC did. I looked at the big one over and over again walking past it, oh boy. When I got to the top I was tired from the hike a bike and 3 days of DH and was second guessing hitting it. ROC comes up and I told him I may just run into it but I am to tired (or lazy) to walk back up, he said about the same. I also mentioned there will be NO brake checking for me on this one I do not want to land short

At that point I $hit you not all fear went away and not sure why. I knew I had it and I knew to trust myself and my bike (it was last day as well so man up!). I was so fired up I could not wait to hit it so I rolled in. Man FNG I was a little concerned I did not have the speed I needed but I knew I was close so I popped off the lip as hard as I could (trust me there was no way I wanted to come up short at that speed and dist.) and yeah baby! I knew I had it when I left the lip and I did not "dead sailor it" either Man I was happy for sure that was my biggest to date glad it went well of course. Not sure how big it is but at least 20 could be more if you hit it faster, pics never do that stuff justice.

Well then we were waiting on ROC to roll in so here he comes He was going rather slow so we assumed he was just rolling in. No he went for it and he knew he did not have the speed when he took off, of man it was ugly. Lucky ROC is a tough dude we were all amazed he was ok just a little sore from both impacts (yep slammed twice it made me wince just watching it). I will post vid later of him and I hitting the big one when Rob emails it.

I know I was long winded with this reply FNG just trying to put you in the moment.

7MGTE
    Quote Originally Posted by crux
    Nice pics supra, looks like you had a blast.
    It was sick Andy! Thanks for fixing my brake before the trip I need to help my buddy fix his fence today but will you be around this eve? I need to get you that cash and I wanted to see if you could look at the rear brake adapter as well. Let me know if you have time.

mtbr member
    Not long winded at all. Nice description. Interesting to hear what one is thinking before these hits.

That ROC looks pretty loopy in that pic after the crash. That HAS to be an ugly crash on vid. It will probably make me wince.
    Quote Originally Posted by cfrench View Post
    and when the bike market throws out the next latest greatest thing, you'll sell up and move onto that too.

B1TCH

banned
    Great report, Ricky.

Sounds/looks like a great trip. How was the driving?

RCC
    Bandolero
    Awesome stuff Ricky!
    RCC
    I heard the mission bell
    And i was thinking to my self
    This could be heaven or this could be hell...