Hey, wait up!

Signal Peak Challenge 2009 - Notes/Results

First, a big shout out to Dan Dietzel and Nathan Shay for their first foray into heading up the Signal Peak Challenge. A big job for sure.

Great job! The theme, the Saturday meal, refreshments and hang out, and the E.P.I.C. mountain bike adventure. All carrying on the tradition in true mountain biker style.

Many, many thanks to the entire race crew!

Here are images of the final race results. Link. We will get them spreadsheeted and integrated in the next day or so.

Thanks to all who raced and suffered (and had some fun along the way).

daveh
    In best Klingon voice: Today is a good day to ride!

New Mexico Off Road Series

Dirt Rocks!

Let Go, and Let Bike.

mtbr member
    WOW.. i raced in the SS div. and my name isint there...that sux. I was around 6th place #275. WTF!!!!

Hey, wait up!
    Quote Originally Posted by z rocks
    WOW.. i raced in the SS div. and my name isint there...that sux. I was around 6th place #275. WTF!!!!
    send me an email or pm with more info (i.e., name) and i will send it to the promoter to check out

were you able to wait for the prelim results to be posted? if so, were you shown there?

fwiw, the sheet shows an interlineation in 6th place for #275, Faron G. Adcock time 2.36.23

is that you? if so, does that sound correct?

Dirt Rocks!

Let Go, and Let Bike.

mtbr member
    no i wasnt on the prelims...that time sounds right. Thanks

Hey, wait up!

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Accurate Times

Are you sure those times are accurate? My GPS shows that I had a total elapsed time of 4:05 or so (7th place in the 40-49 Men Cat3 - actual race number is 333 as well not 338), but there are 15 minutes at the start where my speed was 0 mph while waiting to start. So, I could be wrong, but I expect that the start times after 9am were not subtracted from the overall times listed.

Please double check.

Hey, wait up!
    My understanding is that all times are from the race clock that started when the Pro/Cat1 men went and are not adjusted for the different start waves. (This is pretty SOP and avoids pesky race day math).

When did you start your gps?
    Last edited by LCdaveH; 08-18-2009 at 03:58 PM.

Grinder
    any pictures of the DH races?
    Quote Originally Posted by a stoned guy with a beer in his hand eyeballing your sisters bike
    "i fit my bike to fit me;not for looks...nice did you buy that bike from jc whitney?" Stoner Island 1984

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Racers,

I have finally adjusted times for the staggered start. I am attempting to post them at the tour of the gila site. If you can wait a couple of days they will be up there. If not, email me at ddninetythree@aol.com and I will send them to you. Thanks for your patience.

BTW, the results were late because the beginners did one more lap than last year and it screwed the timers up big time-it also screwed up the beginners, I'm sure. So that is why results weren't posted as fast as they should have been.

It was my first time organizing the race and nobody remembered how many laps they had done last year and the old fliers said 4, that's how that happened. Live and learn. Not quite as epic as the year the expert race was forty miles by accident. I did that and it hurt bad.

Thanks for participating. Funny thing, the course is on fire again, it went out just for race weekend.

Hey, wait up!

Results - In spreadsheet form and showing adjustments for delayed start times.

I suspect some name misspellings based on transcripting from the handwriting. If so, just let me know.
    Last edited by LCdaveH; 08-19-2009 at 05:41 PM.

Dirt Rocks!

Let Go, and Let Bike.