Shuttle Service
    Jul 2013

Shuttle Service Taos to FR 76

Forest Road 76 Trailhead Shuttle Service
    $25 per passenger 2 person minimum

I can also provide concierge service.
    Place an order for food, beverages, equipment or even camping gear and I will get you on the trail ready to ride.

Short Bo Spirit 575-770-8192
    or shortbospirit@gmail.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Short Bo Spirit View Post

Place an order for food, beverages, equipment or even camping gear and I will get you on the trail ready to ride.

A buddy from out of town (wasn't up for climbing) and me used Bo's services last week - she was awesome! Got us right up to the trailhead (or maybe 3/4 mile away) and great conversation, too. Highly recommended!

cranktankerous Mainer
    Excellent! We totally could use some Short Bo Spirit for an upcoming trip! Thanks for the info!
    Been there, done that... don't remember it.
    Bronson, Tallboy & Highball

mtbr member
    So we have a group of 4 attempting to get shuttled up to FR76 and the trail, but the communications is garbled and we seem to be up to $50/head and not sure where that get's us. Where did you get dropped off and what was the cost?

Shuttle Service
    Jul 2013

Price increases for shuttle

Hello folks. Here are the new prices for the shuttle service. The SBT can be accessed from several points so please check your maps for the following drop points Garcia Park, Valle Escondito, Elliott Barker and South Boundary Trail #164 at FR 76. The first three all lead to SBT. Pricing is as follows: Garcia Park $40, Valle Esconditio $35, Elliott Barker $40, SBT $50. All rates are per person with a minimum of 2 people unless I can fit you in with another group.
    Many are wondering why the price has increased so here are a few reasons: a) I spend an average of 4 hours in driving time each trip. b) Fuel costs alone are $30-$50 each trip c) The wear on vehicle is extreme and the wash out area of FR 76 has resulted in repairs with tranny and transfer case. d) The tires alone are $250 each and the additional clearance they provide are crucial. e) I spend an additional average of 1.5 hours in maintenance and repairs per trip.
    I am often in areas of Taos County which has limited cell service. I have recently installed a land line which is 575-776-2947. Journey well.

Beer Me!
    HI ShortBo, Working on setting up a shuttle with you for this Friday.

Anyone know the trail conditions up there right now?
    My Bike: FORM Cycles Titanium Prevail 29er

"Any wheel size is better than sitting at a computer all day." -Myself

Shuttle Service
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerdonian View Post
    HI ShortBo, Working on setting up a shuttle with you for this Friday.

Anyone know the trail conditions up there right now?

Riders had a fab time this weekend and we had very little rain until Sunday night. Temps are upper 30's- low 40's at night now. Once the sun is up it's fab! Give a call to Taos Cyclery or Gearing Up for daily info. Look forward to seeing you on Friday.

mtbr member
    I can confirm that the road is rough. I was not very thrilled to attempt this in my 2013-F-150 Platinum. My driver did hit the bottom on the way down. If you do not have the skills, ground clearance, or willingness to possibly sustain damage, the shuttle price above is very reasonable. I will be using it next time.

Shuttle Service
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by auto View Post
    I can confirm that the road is rough. I was not very thrilled to attempt this in my 2013-F-150 Platinum. My driver did hit the bottom on the way down. If you do not have the skills, ground clearance, or willingness to possibly sustain damage, the shuttle price above is very reasonable. I will be using it next time.
    Thank you for sharing your personal experience. I have not been up to the FR 76 road since the big rains earlier this month.
    Valle Escondito and Garcia Park have been the destinations of choice of late. If your ride was in the past two weeks can you please give an accounting of trail conditions?

mtbr member
    Thank you for sharing your personal experience. I have not been up to the FR 76 road since the big rains earlier this month.
    Valle Escondito and Garcia Park have been the destinations of choice of late. If your ride was in the past two weeks can you please give an accounting of trail conditions?

My trip up was in July. The washout section did cause me stop and pick out a line, there was not a lot of options. I was more worried about my tires and clearance.