Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member

Show me the way?

Good afternoon fellow New Mexican MTBR's. I am going to be down in Turkey town this Sunday and would love to ride either Tunnel-Otero or Cedro. I don't know either enough to ride there alone. I guess I could find my way through the Tunnel Otero ride,maybe.
    Is anyone riding in one of those areas Sunday that wouldn't mind me coming along? I will supply post ride libations for your friendliness Thanks

mtbr member
    Unsure of my schedule, but a ride out that way might happen Sunday. I'll let you know more as soon as I do.

Thread Pollution

The correct way

ahhhh,that way,or is it that away.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SingleSpeed,in the way
    Amateur
    Dogs over Cats

banned
    You like that pic, dontcha! Gotta admit it looks like he got a whiff of his own fart .

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyN
    Unsure of my schedule, but a ride out that way might happen Sunday. I'll let you know more as soon as I do.
    Sweet, thanks Andy. I am going to go down there either way Sunday so if you decide to ride over that way let me know so i can join in.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by makachut
    ahhhh,that way,or is it that away.
    I am sure this guy could find the way.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

7MGTE
    I am working on my pump track on Sat. with a few heads so I hope to get out on Sunday. I would not mind showing you around if you did mind a slow fat ass riding with you for the day?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by supramk388
    I am working on my pump track on Sat. with a few heads so I hope to get out on Sunday. I would not mind showing you around if you did mind a slow fat ass riding with you for the day?
    Hey Ricky, Sweet. let me know. I am going to try to be around the trail head Sunday round 10ish. I am going to look at a vehicle down there hopefully before hand. Be great to get shown around. Which would you rather ride Otero or Cedro? I am flexible on the time though.

mtbr member
    Weather is looking pretty bad for Sunday, cold, with rain and snow forecast. There's a chance of rain today too. Otero and Cedro may be muddy for a while.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SSweetleaf
    I am sure this guy could find the way.
    He's going HUGE!
    Hey, his handlebars are bent!?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    FYI: Perfect conditions at Otero today. No rain at all this afternoon.

Forecast calls for winter weather this weekend, though. I wouldn't attempt it if it actually snows Saturday night.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by delnorte
    He's going HUGE!
    Hey, his handlebars are bent!?
    Ohh yeaa I forgot you guys like hardcore big drop type of sheeaaat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show me the way?-desert.jpg  

Single Speed Junkie
    Weather is looking pretty bad for Sunday, cold, with rain and snow forecast. There's a chance of rain today too. Otero and Cedro may be muddy for a while.
    Otero update.
    Trail was a bit greasy in spots and perfect in others. Ride had quite a bit of on and off rain today, but still fine as of 5 this evening. Noticed that Otero had a few trees purposely down across the trail in sections.

In the spirit of Friday the 13 the trail was fitting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show me the way?-2009-11-13-14-18-23.jpg  

Show me the way?-2009-11-13-14-17-17.jpg  

banned
    Sweet pics...I need to get up there. I could imagine that the soil is perfect for bedding in right now. Good on you guys who are makin' the trek!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by crux
    Otero update.
    Trail was a bit greasy in spots and perfect in others. Ride had quite a bit of on and off rain today, but still fine as of 5 this evening. Noticed that Otero had a few trees purposely down across the trail in sections.

In the spirit of Friday the 13 the trail was fitting.
    Nice shots.

The burn area singletrack is packing in nicely. Got freshies through there a couple months back and we were barely able to stay on the original trail. Are the directional logs we laid out still there?

Bandolero Crew N.M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garson
    FYI: Perfect conditions at Otero today. No rain at all this afternoon.

Forecast calls for winter weather this weekend, though. I wouldn't attempt it if it actually snows Saturday night.
    There has been light rain and very light snow off and on all day so far. Starting to get pretty wet now. Not looking good

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbike52
    There has been light rain and very light snow off and on all day so far. Starting to get pretty wet now. Not looking good
    Thanks, Steve. If you're not doing anything in a couple of hours, could I get an update as to whether or not to come out there this afternoon. I was hoping to get one more lap in before it gets too messy.

Bandolero Crew N.M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garson
    Thanks, Steve. If you're not doing anything in a couple of hours, could I get an update as to whether or not to come out there this afternoon. I was hoping to get one more lap in before it gets too messy.
    Im going to town for a while but there is still a steady drizzel. I think the window has closed for the day. If we get snow tonight the window might be closed for a while.

"I'm just a patsy"
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbike52
    Im going to town for a while but there is still a steady drizzel. I think the window has closed for the day. If we get snow tonight the window might be closed for a while.
    just finished riding Otero/Tunnel @ 10:30 w/ PJLama & CJ and conditions were actually great (if you don't mind a light drizzle). Can't say what they now at almost noon, but how bad could it be?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dynagroove
    just finished riding Otero/Tunnel @ 10:30 w/ PJLama & CJ and conditions were actually great (if you don't mind a light drizzle). Can't say what they now at almost noon, but how bad could it be?
    Is that MtnBiker123's cat in your avatar?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SSweetleaf
    Ohh yeaa I forgot you guys like hardcore big drop type of sheeaaat.
    Was just playfully messing w/ Maka. Sorry if it was read the wrong way. Maka's my homie & he knows it.
    I love the softcore stuff too, for sure. It's all good. Sorry if my words came off wrong.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Last one out ...

Although the worst of it is down in Otero Canyon, as it has been lately, all the rocks have gotten pretty dang slippery since about 4pm. Not fun anymore. Pretty dang chilly, too. I suspect tomorrow the slippery rocks will be icy rocks. If it doesn't rain/snow anymore than it has been, it might bounce back quickly after a couple of sunny days, because the trails (except for lower Otero) are still in very good shape.

Single Speed Junkie
    Nice shots.

The burn area singletrack is packing in nicely. Got freshies through there a couple months back and we were barely able to stay on the original trail. Are the directional logs we laid out still there?
    We were just following existing tracks. While faint they were still there. Did not see any of the directional logs in the area as we were moving at a fairly quick clip based on the weather and other traffic above.

"I'm just a patsy"
    Quote Originally Posted by delnorte
    Is that MtnBiker123's cat in your avatar?
    he could easily be mistaken as Bry's cat, but he is missing a tall boy Tecate to truly make him a Bando cat .

So - is anyone riding Otero tomorrow? I think we are hitting Gutierrez Canyon tomorrow for some Homer fun!

7MGTE
    I am not going to make it after all, my car is down and I need to do a few things.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast