Is the bike OK?

Should we have a 2013 Pajarito Punishment Downhill Race?

I'm trying to decide what to do about the Pajarito Punishment Downhill Race this year. There's no SW Gravity Series so I'm not sure what the turnout will be like and I won't have help from the series to organize things like T-shirts and prizes. I never really wanted to organize an entire race but there's no one else that has been willing to put it together over the years and I've enjoyed having and racing in it. We do have a new course we were working on in the fall that goes into the original Muy Loco lower course just above the rock garden on that trail. If we do have the race it would probably be on the June 1/2 Summerfest weekend. I'm looking for feedback to decide if it's worth having this year or not. Thoughts?

Regardless of what we do with the race, we'll no doubt keep working on all the trails and hopefully get Pajarito back to a normal lift-served schedule this summer.

Airborne Flight Crew
    I think people would miss it... It would fill a big hole left by MSC. With only Pro GRT and possibly Final Descent, what other semi-local races would there be? I'd come out. If you need help with design for the T-shirts or anything, I'd offer that as well.
    Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard website

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    New trail:

This was a pretty early day on that trail. I think it rode slightly better at Ullrfest but it got pretty muddy that day so there's still some issues with it

The new trail links in at 1:25 to Muy Loco. I've been wondering if its possible to do another new section after the rock garden then link back in with the old Muy Loco for the last section. Seems like that area may have potential for a good fun trail section.

Neal, I'll help where I can with planning and what not.

mtbr member
    Yes. Yes we should.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Did this race ever happened?

Thanks