Thread: Sante Fe trip

Ridin' Dirty

Sante Fe trip

Wazzup neighbors!

On October 9th I will be driving with the wife from Arizona to stay in Sante Fe for the first time. We're staying at the Sante Fe Suites formerly known as the Camelrock Suites. I have a friend that is getting married over there on Saturday night...Anyway, is there anything close by to where I will be staying that I could get a few miles in, in the morning of that Friday or Saturday, before the wifey is ready to do the tourist thing?
    Some nice singletrack nearby would be awesome!!

Thanks!
    Bobby
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mythical Creature
    Camel Rock is between Santa Fe and Los Alamos (roughly 20 - 25 minutes either way) so you can pick either end. Perhaps the closest, most bad-azz ride would be up/off of Pacheco Canyon Road - as it climbs up to a few world class spots! To make a fun, technical loop, park at the dirt road near the bottom of Pacheco Cn., and start climbing. You'll have about 5 miles to climb to Aspen Ranch - where you can pick up the infamous Rio en Medio trail (search for REM here on the forum) and bomb back down to the village of en Medio - which will be about 1.5 - 2 miles of paved road riding back to your car.

Or you could climb a little further up Pacheco Cyn. Rd. and get to Winsor Trail, and bomb that all the way down to Tesuque (teh-SOO-key), which will afford 18-20 stream crossings and 9 miles of bliss. The catch is a bit more paved road riding back to where you parked - perhaps 3.5 - 4 miles.

Fill in a bit more info. about fitness and technical abilities!
    follow me on Twitter!
    "It's better to regret something you HAVE done, than something you haven't..." -

crap magnet
    I think SF Suites, aka Camelrock Suites, are behind the Albertsons on St. Francis and Zia (makes sense doesn't it ) Closer to St. Johns/Atalaya and Dale Balls.

OP, 20-25minute bike ride to the TH or 5-10 minute drive. Can make them as long/short as you like.
    When you find yourself on the side of the majority it's time to pause and reflect.
    -Mark Twain

Mythical Creature
    Doh! I assumed the Camel Rock resort....

I forgot about the 'other' Camel Rock Suites - indeed, right off ST. Francis.

CDaddy is right then - Dale Ball or St. Johns / Dorothy Stewart might be just right.
    follow me on Twitter!
    "It's better to regret something you HAVE done, than something you haven't..." -

Ridin' Dirty
    Dale Ball or St. Johns then, eh? A 5-10 minute drive would be perfect!
    My fitness level is pretty good, I've done some endurance races, which are my favorite types of race...long and grinding...suffering through the pain.
    I don't mind some technical stuff, nothing too crazy though or any drops.
    What do these trails listed entail? What are they like??

Thanks!
    Bobby
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    If you want an endurance ride, check out Santa Fe Big Friggin Loop Lots of long grinding climbs, some XC technical, no hucking required.