mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Sante Fe Ski Lift Riding???

i have been searching, I am not seeing anything, whats the closest lift riding around sante fe? looking to take a road trip to ride.

banned
    Pajarito is only a 1/2hr to 45mins away.

You won't be disappointed

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Thats perfect! thanks, how busy is it on the weekends?

Fragilie
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa
    Thats perfect! thanks, how busy is it on the weekends?
    Not bad at all.
    It's Better To Die On Your Feet Than To Live On Your Knees. (Emiliano Zapata)

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Pajarito is excellent, great trails, great people. Check the website for schedule they aren't open every weekend. skipajarito.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    yeah, looks like we might try for Sept. 12&13th. I will let yall know for sure, maybe someone can show us around, We like ride almost anything, have all mtn bikes. just not looking for giant 5' plus drops.

Thread Pollution
    i have been searching, I am not seeing anything,.

That's cause there is nothing @ ski Santa Fe.
    SingleSpeed,in the way
    Amateur
    Dogs over Cats

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by makachut
    That's cause there is nothing @ ski Santa Fe.

I would say 30 minutes away would be considered around Sante Fe

Thread Pollution
    I would say 30 minutes away would be considered around Sante Fe
    blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah blah blah,ski santaFe is 3o minutes from santa fe,,,,,,,have a nice ride
    SingleSpeed,in the way
    Amateur
    Dogs over Cats

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Sorry guys and Tulsa especially, someone stole my front tire out of my shop last night and I am pissed but not at you. I am sitting here waiting for the cops to come for four hours and they don't much seem to care. I would skip Taos too. Thing that sucks is the guy that did it is a drunk I stoked with some very usable bikes. No excuse. I retract my statement.

May I ask what other posts have given you a bad impression?
    Last edited by greg de taos; 08-11-2009 at 02:21 PM.

Fragilie
    No worries Greg, I fully understand.
    Last edited by Eric B; 08-11-2009 at 06:44 PM.
    It's Better To Die On Your Feet Than To Live On Your Knees. (Emiliano Zapata)

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by greg de taos
    Maybe in Tulsa Los Alamos would be considered around Santa Fe but in this part of the world they are in different mountains and couldn't be more different.

Los Alamos = conservative military looking town full of scientists and people not from here

Santa Fe = Old world city with very progressive views, mostly the antithesis of LA.

If you drive like the rest of your state brethren LA is relatively close to santa fe but get off the high horse.

I have a really hard time with people that come on the forum asking for help and then get snarky with those doing the helping. They sell maps of Northern New Mexico, you can look at one the same way all of us did if you want to be a jerk. If you had put in any of your own effort you could have found out pretty easily that Ski Santa Fe has no lift serviced riding.
    Nevermind.
    Last edited by oldmanjoe; 08-11-2009 at 03:44 PM.

RCC
    Bandolero
    Sorry guys and Tulsa especially, someone stole my front tire out of my shop last night and I am pissed but not at you. I am sitting here waiting for the cops to come for four hours and they don't much seem to care. I would skip Taos too. Thing that sucks is the guy that did it is a drunk I stoked with some very usable bikes. No excuse. I retract my statement.

May I ask what other posts have given you a bad impression?
    That's a bummer Greg sorry to hear that.
    RCC
    I heard the mission bell
    And i was thinking to my self
    This could be heaven or this could be hell...

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    They caught him but the wheel was sold. $300 hand made wheel traded for a twelve back of Bud. Dude is in jail now but I don't know if that is the right thing.

I know who he sold the tire to and I am taking the day off to try to get it back. Cops say that they aren't going to put in effort for a bike tire and told me it was up to me. Wild friggen' west!!

Bandolero

Riders on the Storm

Sorry guys and Tulsa especially, someone stole my front tire out of my shop last night and I am pissed but not at you.
    Every cloud has a silver lining:

Think what your neighbors would say if they saw you tooling around on this.
    See the trails, be one with FOO-MTB.
    Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--

mtbr member
    Dab? Or no dab?

tardcore
    I don't even see where you had an outburst Greg (oh there it is) but no wonder why people think we're a-holes with those and maka****'s remarks. This guy is just looking to come for a ride here WTF?
    Last edited by pjlama; 08-12-2009 at 08:52 PM.

Bandolero Crew N.M.
    If you dont get it back, let us know and well go linch the guy.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    First off, yeah my statement was bad, I read the 30 minutes comment and thought it was sorta rude but when you type stuff it seems to come off much harsher and upon re-reading it is not at all bad.

I have always thought that riders coming here was a good thing but now I am sort of changing my tune. I mean, I want to be helpful and nice but I have to wonder if riders from other places are way different than us older time guys that cobble together bikes and ride like maniacs. Nobody in particular but it seems like the traveling MTB sorts are more like the roadies that I left road riding because of. Anyone know what I mean? Maybe I see it more up here as people are expecting to be treated like they do in any resort town and don't find it here and end up being pissed, I don't blame them but have to wonder if the we can handle it, I mean maybe they should go to CO or to CA and get what they are looking for. I guess I just don't want people to hold me responsible for f-ing up their vacation.

This entire thing puts me on guard for the next guy who is going to write a two page tirade on what a messed up place that I live in ( I know I know!!) that when I get an even perceived sense of upityness (not Tulsa really) I want to tell whoever it is to just not come.

Not my job I know, so I am bowing out of the berating thing, I will stick to trail advice.

No wheel yet, I am sick of waiting for the cops, justice falls into my hands today. Beware the biker scorned!!!

tardcore
    I guess I just don't want people to hold me responsible for f-ing up their vacation.
    [/QUOTE]

LMAO, I hope you get the wheel today, that sucks.

Thread Pollution
    Quote Originally Posted by pjlama
    I don't even see where you had an outburst Greg (oh there it is) but no wonder why people think we're a-holes with those and maka****'s remarks. This guy is just looking to come for a ride here WTF?
    Excuse me for answering the question. and excuse you for worhless dribble...Dick your dripping
    SingleSpeed,in the way
    Amateur
    Dogs over Cats

tardcore
    Why be rude to someone simply wanting to come here and ride? There's other ways to frame your response so you don't make all New Mexicans look like douche bags. I understand that maybe tourists upset you for some reason but we live in a beautiful place that's nice to share with visitors.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I have not seen this post since last time I posted, man I hope everyone in NM doesn't act Greg, I guess I better not ask other riders in NM what they recommend, the might shank me!! We are simple hardworking Okies, looking to find the closest mountain riding to us, just to have fun and ride, maybe it would be worth it to drive a few more hours into Colorado to ride if yall don't want us there, luckily it sounds like there are a few non douche people here.