Thread: Santa Fe riding

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Santa Fe riding

Going to Santa Fe for a week and wanted to know what the trails are like in the region. I was planning on bringing my 7" bike in case I get the chance to run up to angelfire. Is there anything closer to Santa Fe that warrants a bigger bike, or should I think about bringing my 6" hardtail instead?
    Just another redneck with a bike

mtbr member
    There is some stuff worthy of a 7" bike here. I'd just take the big bike. Let me know if you want to hit the good stuff. It would be nice if you had a truck to put in the shuttle mix...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by schlockinz View Post
    Going to Santa Fe for a week and wanted to know what the trails are like in the region. I was planning on bringing my 7" bike in case I get the chance to run up to angelfire. Is there anything closer to Santa Fe that warrants a bigger bike, or should I think about bringing my 6" hardtail instead?
    Bring the hard tail dude. Theres a free ride park that it would be perfrct for. And angel fire has lots of lines for the HT. ... shuttleing down rem would be a blast on the hardtail. Thats what i would recomend.
    Angle fire can wait its not often you can get a tour down the mountain with del norte.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I'm moving to the NE, I'm not sure if I'll get a shot to ride angelfire or any of the rockies again for years....

May end up bringing both bikes in case the wifey wants to ride with me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by schlockinz View Post
    I'm moving to the NE, I'm not sure if I'll get a shot to ride angelfire or any of the rockies again for years....

May end up bringing both bikes in case the wifey wants to ride with me.

No bring the FS i was reading your other posts and it dont seem like you like your fillings shook out. And theres lots of long rocky sections.

Bring the ns surge to sell to me. Frame and fork (55 marz)300.

If your a true redneck youll hve a blast riding with DelNort. Hes a real coon ass straight out the bayo.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    If your a true redneck youll hve a blast riding with DelNort. Hes a real coon ass straight out the bayo.
    This is true

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Alright, looks like I'm only gonna get one day of local trails and maybe a day of lift service. Which local trails would be best to hit? I've been thinking about dale ball just cause it's close to where I'm at.

mtbr member
    Can you pitch in a shuttle ride? How much time you have? Dale ball is fun but not big bike worthy. How do you feel about big jumps ladder bridges and doubles?.....

Personaly the best ride in the area is a partiall shuttle starting from aspen vista riding up to ravens ridge and ending in rio medio. Its bar none above and beyond everything else. It is a logistic problem cause you need two trucks but so worth it .

If i was short on time i would ride an area called the trash pit. La tierra trails on the side of town. Its just a big free ride park with lots of lines not much pedaling and not a tral.

Dales ball trail are lots of fun and very cool for an out of towner to get a good ride in with no guide. Its very well marked. Its an XC trail though so keep that in mind. Theres a **** load of other awesome trails near dale ball that rwquire you to know where you are and make turns at the right times.. i get lost easy so i avoid areas like that when im in a new place alone.

If you can find a way to do the epic shuttle do it

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Fuglio nailed it - gotta hit trash pit. As an out-of-towner, this is the first place I go to erase the 10 hour drive to get to NM, lots of great flowing lines built by riders.

mtbr member
    Last I heard there is still snow at the top of Raven's.
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

-cabra cadabra

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    No truck, and my rack can't fit two mountain bikes without some dissambley, so I'm no good for shuttling, and I have no idea what time I might be able to get away and ride.

Is this the Winsor trailhead the one to park at for trash pit? From what I've seen it looks fun, espescially if I'm not looking for a major workout.