mtbr member

Santa Fe MTB Festival - Sept. 13 & 14

[SIZE="5"]2nd Annual SANTA FE MOUNTAIN BIKE FESTIVAL[/SIZE]

2 Days of Epic Rides!
    September 13th & 14th
    brought to you with support from:
    [SIZE="5"]Frankie Flats Bicycle Repair[/SIZE] & [SIZE="5"]Second Street Brewery[/SIZE]
    This is a no-cost event! Camp out Saturday night and enjoy the festival celebration!

Spinning the music on Saturday night, will be a DJ yet to be determined

Directions:-Take Hyde Park Rd./Artist Rd./Ski Basin Rd.(State Rd 475) up into the mountains as if you are going to Ski Santa Fe.
    -After passing thru Hyde State Park, look for the Big Tesuque campground about 12 mi. up SR 475 at a big switchback. Just a couple turns after Big Tesuque (less than mi) look for Forest Rd. 102 on the left.
    -Follow FR 102 about 2.7 mi. until it intersects (at a T near an open gate) with with FR 412.
    -Go right on FR 412 about 1.3 mi until you see a large parking area on the right with a national forest hiker/trailhead gate. This is the staging area for the MTB fest (Aspen Ranch). There are many camping spots along the road for the last .75 mi. near the staging area.
    -Hike into the gate, over a creek and straight up the hill thru another gate. Instead of taking the single track to the left after the 2nd gate, head straight up the hill and you will see a pretty meadow. This is where the festivities will be held and there are also camping spots in this area.
    Note: This is not Aspen Ranch proper, as Aspen Ranch is pueblo land and must be avoided. The area at which we are gathering is typically referred to as Aspen Ranch by land users, and is positioned next to Aspen Ranch proper.
    Rides: Start at 9:45am each day (may change)

Saturday- Borrego/Rancho Viejo/Rio en Medio Loop.
    Approx 3.5 - 5 hrs.
    This is a giant loop that heads north into the mountains, which will reach the northernmost limit before the wilderness area boundary in a beautiful meadow next to the Rio Capulin. This ride is one of Santa Fe's best kept secrets.
    The ride ends with VERY long forest road climb back to the Aspen Ranch staging area. Riders can leave a shuttle vehicle at the beginning of Pacheco Canyon Rd (FR 102 from the village of Rio en Medio) in order to ease the end of the ride. SEE SATURDAY SHUTTLE INFO BELOW

Sunday- 102/Big T/Aspen Vista/Ravens Ridge/Windsor/Rio en Medio
    Approx 3.5 - 5 hrs.

This ride is all alpine. Most of the climbing will be on forest road, which will hopefully ease the climb to 12,000 ft from our base camp at about 9000 ft. Once atop Raven's Ridge, any significant climbing is over and the ride back to Aspen Ranch will be a rewarding, technical descent.
    This ride can be extended past Aspen Ranch for those wanting to experience the entire legendary Rio en Medio downhill trail. For those riders descending the entire Rio en Medio trail, wanting to avoid climbing back to Aspen Ranch on Pacheco Canyon Rd (FR 102), you can leave a shuttle vehicle at the beginning of Pacheco Canyon Rd (FR 102 from the village of Rio en Medio) in order to ease the end of the ride.
    For more info contact:
    Frankie Flats Bicycle Repair: 505-473-1712 http://frankieflats.com/
    or T.J. Miller: 505-690-6375 iskibiglines@yahoo.com

Attendees are responsible for their own food, water, shelter.

THIS YEAR WE WILL RUN A MORNING SHUTTLE PICK-UP FROM THE BEGINNING (BOTTOM) OF PACHECO CANYON RD ON SATURDAY MORNING - SHUTTLE PICKUP TIME IS BETWEEN 8:45 - 9:00am.
    Sunday riders needing a shuttle from that spot to the staging area will need to arrange their own shuttle logistics.

Here are links to the maps for each day's ride. Print them up and please bring them in your camelback/pocket so you know the routes:

SATURDAY'S RIDE:
    http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...et/SatRide.jpg

SUNDAY'S RIDE:
    http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...et/SunRide.jpg

The maps show the Shuttle drop-off and MTB Festival and party Staging Area.
    Remember to print these and carry them on the rides - It is easy to choose the wrong trail at intersections for those who don't know the way.
    Last edited by delnorte; 07-01-2008 at 02:39 PM.

Thread Pollution
    plenty of Sausage ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by makachut; 07-06-2008 at 05:10 PM.

mtbr member
    don't let Knob DJ the event or he will play Loverboy songs all night

Bandolero

Music Never Ends...

Quote Originally Posted by NE2NM
    don't let Knob DJ the event or he will play Loverboy songs all night
    I've moved on to more classical music.

I'm hoping someone's got wheels this year.
    See the trails, be one with FOO-MTB.
    Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by notaknob
    I've moved on to more classical music.

I'm hoping someone's got wheels this year.
    I'm hoping you have some more of that home brew this year to go along with the Second St. Brewery keg. I'm also hoping that same cute redhead shows up with her mountain kitchen and makes enough paella to feed an army again!
    We WILL have a dolly to haul stuff this year AND a smaller generator to carry up that darn hill!

banned
    I won't miss this one!

mtbr member

DJ Pepesilo

Bump for more attention: It's getting closer -
    [SIZE="4"]If you need a flyer to post somewhere (bike shop, etc), or to give out, PM me your address and I'll mail you one. I'll even mail printed out maps if you need them.[/SIZE]

We have our DJ in place for the Saturday night party:
    it will be DJ Pepesilo (aka our bro Jose). He spins lots of hip-hop and sweet old school soul as well as contemporary beats & breaks. Lookin' forward to hearing him spin at 9000 feet in the aspen meadow!

mtbr member
    Looks like Felt Bicycles will be there with demo bikes to borrow for a ride. Anyone wanting to demo a Felt MTB for a day should be at the campground in the morning to make arrangements before the ride.

mtbr member
    Rumor has it that VooDoo Cycles might bring some demo bikes to the fest as well.

Looks like there will be some good bikes to try out for those who really want to test newer MTB's on some real trails under multiple conditions.

Bandolero

Ride on....

Quote Originally Posted by delnorte
    Rumor has it that VooDoo Cycles might bring some demo bikes to the fest as well.

Looks like there will be some good bikes to try out for those who really want to test newer MTB's on some real trails under multiple conditions.
    I like that... I actually just like the idea of going OTB on someone else's bike when cruising REM.
    See the trails, be one with FOO-MTB.
    Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--

Thread Pollution
    nice thing about demo bikes you can ride out a flat tire on the rim and when you get back to camp give the bike back and say something stupid to the idiot who let you demo it on REM. Makes one feel special.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by makachut
    nice thing about demo bikes you can ride out a flat tire on the rim and when you get back to camp give the bike back and say something stupid to the idiot who let you demo it on REM. Makes one feel special.
    Thanks for calling the festival participants/sponsors idiots. I'll make sure they leave the 29'ers out of the demo fleet so your fool-ass wont be messin' up their big hoops...

Those who demo bikes will want to make sure they have a way to lock their own bikes while demo'ing.

Thread Pollution
    Thanks for calling the festival participants/sponsors idiots. I'll make sure they leave the 29'ers out of the demo fleet so your fool-ass wont be messin' up their big hoops...

Those who demo bikes will want to make sure they have a way to lock their own bikes while demo'ing.
    a bike demo on REM is risky business for the bike,I for one take more chances with a demo full suspension than I would with my precious adult sized wheels,who wouldn't?and that trail is full of fun.
    Are you riding your price point bike?

mtbr member
    I've ridden all of these trails recently. Did Ravens Ridge yesterday and it was in the best shape I'd ever seen. All is in order and our rides should be a blast. Also the forest road to the campsite is in excellent shape for any car.
    Be sure to print out the maps in case you seperate from the group on rides.
    Let's have some good grassroots fat tire fun.

banned
    Did you find a generator? Costco has one on sale
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    We borrowed one from Frankie Flats' buddy so we're set on generator. Just need the Band o' zeros to come up & rock the house on Sat nite. Look forward to riding Ravens to Rio en Medio w/ you cats.

banned
    I will be there Sat night after the Super D!

banned
    ...Just need the Band o' zeros ...

Don't you mean Band o' (h)eros?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn. Biker123
    Don't you mean Band o' (h)eros?

I mean, "Band o' Cheros"
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chero

banned
    My buddy had a badazz 'chero' when I lived in Cali. I prefer to spend my $$$ on MTB's these dayz!

mtbr member
    Just a reminder to brind warm jacket, gloves & hat for evening campers. We'll be at 9000 ft and Autumn is here.

7MGTE
    Thanks again fellas, it was fun!