banned

Sandia Ride 10k-Canoncito 7/16...[DETAILS]

So, Rotmilky and I are going to torture some Texans tomorrow. Meet and greet at intersection of 536 (Crest Scenic Byway) and N 14 @ 9:15 am if anyone else is interested. I will ge in a green F150.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bandolero

Single Speed?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn. Biker123
    So, Rotmilky and I are going to torture some Texans tomorrow. Meet and greet at intersection of 536 (Crest Scenic Byway) and N 14 @ 9:15 am if anyone else is interested. I will ge in a green F150.
    Is Rotmilky going to be riding his 29er pieces?
    See the trails, be one with FOO-MTB.
    Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--

banned
    Guess the only thing that broke was the the saddle, and the roof rack is the one in pieces. Luckily he has a spare of both. He stocked up after last year.

He may seem clumsy, but I got a feeling he is just practicing for the day he decides that he wants a Turner.

mtbr member

Sandia Thursday?

Good ridin' with you guys yesterday. Two flats, four broken spokes, a bent d- hanger and a little blood. Not a bad bit of carnage for a two hour ride.

Are you guys doing this Thursday instead of Battleship?

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Biklophile
    Good ridin' with you guys yesterday. Two flats, four broken spokes, a bent d- hanger and a little blood. Not a bad bit of carnage for a two hour ride.

Are you guys doing this Thursday instead of Battleship?
    Yessir!

mtbr member
    Sweet!

I was kinda having second thoughts about Jemez.

I'll see y'all at the spot.

banned
    So were the Texans after the little jaunt at Otero

mtbr member
    Guess the only thing that broke was the the saddle, and the roof rack is the one in pieces. Luckily he has a spare of both. He stocked up after last year.

He may seem clumsy, but I got a feeling he is just practicing for the day he decides that he wants a Turner.
    Did you call and tell everyone?

Bike works...that's all that matters. Well, everything seems to work. I'm minus my big honkin' leather seat, though. Oh well, swapping back to my WTB seat will save me a couple of pounds. I think my bike is back in the 35 lb range!
    "My life's ambition is to see a musical version of MacBeth performed by chickens."

7MGTE
    So... How did it go?

banned
    You already know how it went

Look what was waiting for me when I got home

7MGTE
    You already know how it went

Look what was waiting for me when I got home

Alright, alright, how about pics from the ride bit--!

F'in sweet bro! I know a roller in the south foothills with your name all over it and we will hit the A line again since we are in the area. You ready for a rematch with the A line?

banned
    Most of the pics that I took cannot be published. I will get a few out in the morning. Von has the evidence that you are looking for.

A-line...ouch! I am still healing (read scared, very scared )

7MGTE
    Most of the pics that I took cannot be published. I will get a few out in the morning. Von has the evidence that you are looking for.

A-line...ouch! I am still healing (read scared, very scared )
    It will be fine no dabs either. I know what you mean the drop in alone freaks me out, I thought when I dropped in I was going OTB for sure. Some how made it down with no dabs could not believe it myself. I got lucky that day Buddha you showed me the way.

I understand on the pics I know what you mean . I wanted to see the jump again and maybe the stair stacker on Faulty you cleaned. Awesome job BTW on the stair stacker bro that section is no joke. I do not doubt it I just wanted to see the ride since I was stuck in an office all day.

mtbr member
    It was a great ride yesterday. I'll get around to posting up more photos in a bit. Here's the series of pictures in question. Wish I could have been in a better place to shoot photos...but there's a pretty good one in the series of Bryan shouting in victory just as he clears the last ledge.

"My life's ambition is to see a musical version of MacBeth performed by chickens."

RCC
    Bandolero
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotmilky

Yeah baby! that's focking awesome B! wayyyy to go! ... good shoting V nice pix
    I heard the mission bell
    And i was thinking to my self
    This could be heaven or this could be hell...

mtbr Buckeye...in Austin

Good job! That was awesome.

I think it took Brian about 9 tries, but he finally got it. BAD ASS!!

Thanks for the great tour!
    We had a ton of fun. Sorry the rain got in the way of the last day of riding.
    Definitely would love to come back and ride more.

I'm not religious, but you guys are really blessed! So many different trails, so close, with such great views!!!

Von, can I get some of the pics from the trip. Especially if you got Brian LAUNCHING off the ramp. OMG!

White Mesa was the $HIT!! Holy smokes, was that place cool. We did that with Steve yesterday and it was awesome. Got some great pictures and will post up later this weekend.

MMFWCL
    Hey guys, this is Luis. The other Texan.

I had a blast there with you guys. Thanks for the tours and I hope to go back soon.

I really wanted to ride Rio En Medio, but the sky had other plans for us. Hope to see some of those great pics soon.

Gimpy =)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eokerholm
    Von, can I get some of the pics from the trip. Especially if you got Brian LAUNCHING off the ramp. OMG!
    Any chance you've got a server I could dump them on? I just checked and the whole set comes in around 930 MB...that's after I dumped about 200 of Bryan trying to get up the step. Downsampling the whole set would be a pain in the @$$. I could upload the whole series to Picasa and you could grab any one you like at 1600x1200 resolution.

Glad you guys came out. Hope the NM trails didn't treat you too unkindly. A few scratches and bruises are to be expected.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gimpy
    Hey guys, this is Luis. The other Texan.

I had a blast there with you guys. Thanks for the tours and I hope to go back soon.

I really wanted to ride Rio En Medio, but the sky had other plans for us. Hope to see some of those great pics soon.

Gimpy =)
    It was fun watching you give that Fuji more than it was built for. I'm still laughing about you hanging on by your fingernails over some of those rock gardens.

REM isn't going anywhere. It'll be here next time you're out.

MMFWCL
    if you upload them to Picasa that would be nice. =)
    oh and yeah it was a hell of a trip. I am still smiling.

Remember... "If you are not bleeding you are not riding hard enough"
    so a few scratches and bruises ARE expected.

My baby (my FUJI) is a tough bugger. dont underestimate it or it will surprise you. =) hope to see those pics up on picasa soon.

Oh and your trails are ***** trails. =) JK
    they kicked my ass
    If you weren't blood would you still have love? Or in fact does the blood make you think you have to love.

mtbr Buckeye...in Austin
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotmilky
    Any chance you've got a server I could dump them on? I just checked and the whole set comes in around 930 MB...that's after I dumped about 200 of Bryan trying to get up the step. Downsampling the whole set would be a pain in the @$$. I could upload the whole series to Picasa and you could grab any one you like at 1600x1200 resolution.

Glad you guys came out. Hope the NM trails didn't treat you too unkindly. A few scratches and bruises are to be expected.
    Picasa would work. (how much space do you get on Picasa?)

I just signed up for and uploaded my panoramics to Flickr (my first use of Windows Live Photo Gallery), pretty neat.