H.E.R
    Mar 2007

Sandia Peak Challenge

Hi fellow bikers what's going on. I was wondering has anyone done the Sandia Peak Challenge. I'm going to do it this year. Was wondering about the race. From what I've read their is a duathlon right? I looked on active.com and it dosen't show one, I then looked at 2 different mail in registration forms one has the duathalon on it while the other does not. Can anybody clear this up for me, if not I'll just do the mt. bike race. It will be my first mt. bike race, figured I try one, since I've done so many footraces.

Drunken fool
    I've never done the SPC riding a bike, but rather do the 7.2 mile run. From what I understand you can do it as a duathalon, or as a team. 1 riding and 1 running. Have you done that ride yet? If you do the KOM ride it is tough (at least for me), and the altitude hurts if you're not used to it.
    You better take care of me, Lord. If you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    You can just do the KOM on MTB no running necessary. phew.
    Its the internet...we all sleep with supermodels.

Hey, wait up!

Fresh information from a reliable source

Quoting

Yo MTBr's, runners, and hikers,

The Sandia Peak Challenge is coming up and early registration ends July 8. You are strongly encouraged to register early (no late fees).

Register on Active http://www.active.com/page/Event_Det...1-d1086d91c54c
    or print and fax your registration through the Cystic Fibrosis website http://www.cff.org/Chapters/newmexic...155&Event=5680

Continuing the Sandia Peak tradition - there will a King of the Mountain Hillclimb in the early AM to be followed by a kids (under 13) race starting at ~11am with 3 separate age groups. Then the NMORS XC kicks off - with Pro/Experts doing two full laps and Sports, Beginners, SS doing one full lap.

Santa Fe Brewing will be serving the dark water....

Tell all your friends who like to run and hike that there are 3 events for them as well.
    See you there.
    Damian

Unquoting
    In best Klingon voice: Today is a good day to ride!

New Mexico Off Road Series

Dirt Rocks!

Let Go, and Let Bike.

H.E.R
    Mar 2007
    I called up the group that is putting on the SPC. They said no Duathalon this year. , So I signed up for the bike race only. It will be my first bike race ever. Taking a break from footraces. Since it is my first bike race I wasn't sure if I should go beginner or sport, I decided on sport so I'll see how that goes. I figure I usually place in the top 10 in all the foot races I do.