Thread: Sandia Peak???

mtbr member

Sandia Peak???

I'm in El Paso and looking to travel to a resort for some dh riding. At first i was looking at making the trip to Angel Fire but then I saw that Sandia peak was open for mountain bikes and alot closer. I checked the website and the trails look kind of tame though. For down hill riding is Sandia OK? or am i better off driving the extra distance to angel fire?

Thanks

Bandolero

It's Tourist Time

Quote Originally Posted by forceyoda
    For down hill riding is Sandia OK? or am i better off driving the extra distance to angel fire?
    It's lame and is mainly for the tourists. They could make it a destination resort, but obviously don't want bike dollars.

Go the extra distance to Angel Fire. If possible, hit Pajarito when the lift is running http://www.skipajarito.com/biking.php when you're driving through. They don't have a quad but you should be able to get in at least 6-7 runs.
    Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--

banned
    Sep 2005
    Come on through Abq on the way and we can hook up with shuttles in the Sandias

banned
    Sep 2005
    Talk with the Rough Riders out of Hell Paso, too. They can get you sorted on the goods here in Abq.

mtbr member
    Pajarito is a few hours closer to El Paso than Angel Fire and is definitely not tame. Check out this video about Pajarito by Rich....
    there can be only one... track

Members who have read this thread: 0