Thread: San Juans

crap magnet

San Juans

My son is going to spend next week with his grandparents up in Salida. Generally we meet my folks at the halfway point (Antonito) for the kiddie hand-off. Since I'll be in the area anyhow, I figured I might as well bring my bike and get a ride in somewhere. The San Juans are just a bit west so that seems the most logical choice. I was passing thru the same area this past weekend and there was still a lot snow on the higher slopes so I might be jumping the gun a bit.

I've heard tell of Stefan (or maybe it was Maka) leading a ride somewhere up there last year. Or maybe that was around Chama. Anyhow, if anybody is familiar with the area I would appreciate any suggestions you might have. Thanks.
    Last edited by cdaddy; 06-17-2008 at 06:58 AM.
    When you find yourself on the side of the majority it's time to pause and reflect.
    -Mark Twain

Thread Pollution
    still little patches of Snow ?.Check out Gunnison,or out of Creede between Lake city is the Lost trail {head waters to the rio grande,you know what i mean fishy fishy},west of Antonito there ara a few rides above and along the Conejos river.you can call me if you want more ideas.