mtbr member
    Feb 2008

ruidoso freeride session

I had a great time in Ruidoso. Making the drive from San Antonio was well worth the trip. The free hotel that carl and jamie provided helped me nurse my wounds moreso than if I was camping out.
    Every single person riding that weekend, 15-20 approx, was pushing their limits and going bigger and bigger. For some, there weren't stunts big enough.
    We went to Quarters niteclub one night in Ruidoso and I have to say everyone there was in an exceptionally happy mood (as it should be). So much so that I wish I could have had what they were somking or imbibing. New Mexico is an awesome state and a MTBr's dream. Lots of potential with lots of great people willing to help promote the sport.
    The LBS was there to represent and give out free pizza, snacks and soft drinks. All in all it was a perfect weekend with perfect weather and great people out living life.
    -David Hiawatha
    If anyone wants their pic. emailed let me know. You can print it out later. I have more, but apparently reached my limit with this post. these are only a few.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

a few more..

finally figured how to load these photos so here's some more.

banned
    Thanks! Looks a little tame though, relative to the Well etc. I say this merely from a spectators standpoint, not as a participant . Where is all of the gnar ?
    Last edited by Mtn. Biker123; 10-27-2008 at 01:03 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn. Biker123
    Thanks! Looks a little tame though, relative to the Well etc.
    Yeah it was tame compared to The Well but you guys only see the HUGE stuff we post about the well. Most people can't hit the biggest Well stuff and we rarely shoot any of the old smaller stuff. There was a real good vibe at Ruidoso and everyone had a blast - Thats' what a FR jam is really about (just like the good times when you guys hit up Pajarito) There was a good mix of easy and hard stuff and The Donkey Punch (below) was a pretty good size hit. Also all the trails, jumps and shuttle runs were pretty fun

Hey are Bandelleros coming out to The Well this Saturday?

banned
    There is a plan in the works for a SF ride if the weather holds. We may have to take a break from the regularly scheduled program to peruse the Well offerings .

7MGTE
    Quote Originally Posted by rsclimb
    Yeah it was tame compared to The Well but you guys only see the HUGE stuff we post about the well. Most people can't hit the biggest Well stuff and we rarely shoot any of the old smaller stuff.

Hey are Bandoleros coming out to The Well this Saturday?
    Oh man I hope so Rich. I know I can not wait to get out to the Well and try a few things with you guys. I will not be hitting the big stuff on day one but would not mind the small to med. hits

Got a new bike coming this week hopefully so if I get it in time I will PM you to meet up. If not prob doing and AM ride with the Bandoleros and TJ from the Wrecking Crew because I will be on an XC HT.

glassphisheye
    Any picks from day two??
    web design and development in El Paso
    www.websitescenes.com | http://www.roughriderfreeride.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by glassphisheye
    Any picks from day two??
    No but I finally wrangled some video up

DOSO FEST from R. Strang on Vimeo.

RS

banned
    I love waking up the this stuff. Thanks Rich!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Very nice. I have been subscribed to your Vimeo profile for a while now...love to see this sht!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CharacterZero
    Very nice. I have been subscribed to your Vimeo profile for a while now...love to see this sht!
    Thanks Man