Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Rio En Medio Trail work 10 August

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  uconn1150 
#1 · (Edited)
RCC and I are planning on cleaning out some of the downfall on REM. A shuttle will save us lots of energy for moving logs from the trail.

If possible, could someone drive us up to the ski resort with our tools? We wanted to start from the bottom at around 9 but can be flexible in that time.

Anybody who wants to join in the fun is invited. I'm sure there's enough for everyone.

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks Chut!!

Nothin' like a good day of sawin' logs to get you back in the spirit. I haven't felt the Passion in a few weeks. All of my rides just seem to roll into each other. Same ole', same ole....

I feel regenerated after today. There were some bigguns, but we used what nature gave us and came out of it with some minor "improvements". Thanks for talkin' me into this one fellas, it was mucho fun!

couple of tree wranglers catching a much needed break!

The man of the day. RCC toted the saw with a homemade carrier.

..and continued to ride REM like it wasn't even there.

Here's Bruce on one of the improvements that developed from the biggest snag of the day.

Wallride shot...

Here's another snag that ramped up nicely:thumbsup:

#6 ·
makachut said:
Good work,guys. I have heard of some killer trails near Dolores,CO anyone have some beta to share?
Stoner Mesa (could be a Maka Fav!) is a great Foliage Trek... Throw in Eagle Peak and you have a romping 32 miler.

I want to hit the Bear Creek Trail to Indian Ridge to Sharkstooth... it looks like a solid 40 miler.

Bagged the Wheeler Trail to Miners Creek to Peaks Trail this past weekend in Breckenridge. Not for the meek of heart that's for sure. Here's a "peak" ;)

Attachments

#9 ·
makachut said:
Good work,guys. I have heard of some killer trails near Dolores,CO anyone have some beta to share?
Here's a couple up on Eagle Peak and The Stoner Colors... I know you've seen them before Maka!!! :thumbsup:

Attachments

#12 ·
Was @ SOL Bicycles today in Dolores and they said there is an awesome single track. 35 miles of fast rolling ST, "a single speeder's dream." Take 10th street to the top and the trailhead starts there. They just had a race there this past weekend-Escalante Days Mountain Bike Race.

#14 ·
F.N.G said:
Was @ SOL Bicycles today in Dolores and they said there is an awesome single track. 35 miles of fast rolling ST, "a single speeder's dream." Take 10th street to the top and the trailhead starts there. They just had a race there this past weekend-Escalante Days Mountain Bike Race.
You're talking about "Boggy Draw" which is a nice place to ride. I'd call it SS friendly...

Not a bad trail system at all but not really my cup of tea... I like above Timberline stuff, in case ya hadn't noticed. Bear Creek to Indian Ridge (Colo Trail) to Sharkstooth... It's gonna happen this fall! Here's a taste from down in the meadows...

Attachments

#15 ·
Trees falling

Stupid trees.

Stupid trucks

Stupid snakes

Stupid 5.5" rockers

I was hoping for a clean REM run. I'd seen the rocks, twigs the hippies were putting on the trails but they stepped up the game on this one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.