Hammer

Placitas Trail Work Day

The Placitas Area Trail Association will be holding a trail work day this coming Sunday the 16th from 10am until 2pm. We will be doing two reroutes on a trail near the east trail head. The National Forest Service will be on hand and will provide hard hats, tools, and gloves if you do not already have them. Please bring water, pack a lunch, and come decked out in long pants and boots. We’ll meet at the east trail head as seen on the map below. If you have questions please contact me at tim.garner@placitasareatrail.org. We hope to see you there!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Placitas Tim

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I'm down for this.

Hammer

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Trail work is on for tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by ABQ_Biker View Post
    The Placitas Area Trail Association will be holding a trail work day this coming Sunday the 16th from 10am until 2pm. We will be doing two reroutes on a trail near the east trail head. The National Forest Service will be on hand and will provide hard hats, tools, and gloves if you do not already have them. Please bring water, pack a lunch, and come decked out in long pants and boots. We’ll meet at the east trail head as seen on the map below. If you have questions please contact me at tim.garner@placitasareatrail.org. We hope to see you there!
    We flagged the reroutes today for the work tomorrow. It was a bit chilly, but the ground is moist and perfect to work in. It is expected to be chilly again tomorrow but with more sun. Come and help us make your trails better!
    Placitas Tim

mtbr member
    May 2012
    How are the trails?

Hammer

Good job! Trail Work Day Complete!

PATA had another trail workday Sunday December 16th. It was a cold and cloudy day with a bit of snow on the ground. Even with the nasty weather, more than 16 people showed up to do some serious trail work. With the help of Kerry Wood from the National Forest Service, we completed two trail reroutes of heavily eroded trail. We encountered one irate hiker just before we headed up the trail to start work. To their credit, after seeing the work we did they later apologized and complemented the trail reroutes. Very positive!

Having rode the reroutes, I can honestly say they turned out great. The trail crew did an amazing job! Checkout the pictures below. The group picture is missing about half the crew as it was taken just before we packed up and a number had headed back a few minutes earlier . Of particular note is Jeff Watson who helped with the flagging the day before and Jim Dixon one of our original members.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Placitas Trail Work Day-img_6361.jpg  

Placitas Trail Work Day-2012-12-20-14.45.27.jpg  

Placitas Trail Work Day-2012-12-20-15.07.23.jpg  

Placitas Tim

Hammer
    Quote Originally Posted by woodsbw68 View Post
    How are the trails?
    The trails are good and getting better all the time.
    Placitas Tim

Hammer

Video of the Trail Work

Check out this vid of the trail reroutes

Riding Placitas Trail Improvements - YouTube
    Placitas Tim

I <3 NM
    that's great!
    "Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.

Hammer
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypso View Post
    LOL! @ the soundtrack...it took me a minute, tho!

Nice work.
    Wish I could take credit for the vid, but, another PATA member, Mars, shot it.
    Placitas Tim

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ABQ_Biker View Post
    Check out this vid of the trail reroutes

Riding Placitas Trail Improvements - YouTube
    Song gave me a flash back of my life on Abby Manor.

Dynamite Hack-"Boyz In The Hood"_ SEMI-OFFICIAL VIDEO - YouTube