mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Piivot Cycle Demo Days in Santa Fe / ABQ

This Saturday, June 6th, Santa Fe Mountain Sports is sponsoring a Pivot Cycles demo day at the Dale Ball trailhead, Sierra del Norte and the Ski Basin Road. They'll start signing out bikes at 9am and will stay until sometime after lunch. Last year, things slowed down so they stopped at 2:30pm.

Sunday, the Pivot guys will be at the Elena Gallegos trailhead in ABQ. Don't know the time or LBS sponsor.

Basura Blanca
    Jan 2004
    Was the lack of a LBS sponsor the reason they didn't choose to spend one day at Pajarito this weekend with the lift running? I'd have loved to take a couple runs on a Firebird, but most of Chris' bikes seem like overkill for the two chosen locations. Seems ike a missed opportunity. Makes me wonder if Yeti got any sales from Anthony taking the demo trailer to Pajarito on a lift day (or 2) last year..

I <3 NM
    Everyday is a Pivot Demo Day for me on my Mach 429!

Seriously.. get out and check these trail machines out! I wager you will be impressed at how well they handle. They climb like strung out mountain goats!!!
    "Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by NuMexJoe
    Was the lack of a LBS sponsor the reason they didn't choose to spend one day at Pajarito this weekend with the lift running? I'd have loved to take a couple runs on a Firebird, but most of Chris' bikes seem like overkill for the two chosen locations. Seems ike a missed opportunity. Makes me wonder if Yeti got any sales from Anthony taking the demo trailer to Pajarito on a lift day (or 2) last year..
    The demo was originally scheduled for last weekend but got pushed back a week because of weather concerns. Rumor has it that SFMS is going to try and get them to come for an extra day next year, a SF trail day on Fri, opening day at Pajarito Sat, then Sun in ABQ for the Pivot dealer down there. Wouldn't hurt to let them know you'd like to see them at Pajarito next year.

tardcore
    Fat Tire is the LBS for Sunday. I was there today and Stevie was talking about it. That would be fun but the last thing I need is a new bike and Pivots are pricey for sure.

I <3 NM
    This demo day announcement should come with this:

[SIZE="4"]WARNING![/SIZE]
    Do NOT test ride a Pivot unless you're psychologically and emotionally prepared to accept that your current bike isn't good enough.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBNate
    This demo day announcement should come with this:

[SIZE="4"]WARNING![/SIZE]
    Do NOT test ride a Pivot unless you're psychologically and emotionally prepared to accept that your current bike isn't good enough.

There is one fundamental problem with this statement...

I ride a Turner

I <3 NM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn. Biker123
    There is one fundamental problem with this statement...

I ride a Turner
    Hehheh... true!

I tend to think of Turner and Pivot in the same light. Have you ridden one of the new dw*Link Turners yet?

banned
    Nah...still waiting.

mtbr member
    As for me, I'll stick with my Maverick Durance - pure sweetness!

mtbr member
    I just rode the 429 out on the FHs. The bike was stiffer than my RIP and it climbed as good if not better. However going over rollers felt like the bike was going to endo. The 429 didnt seem to rail the faster turns as well as my RIP. The technician said the shock was to stiff for me and the rear tire (Big Block 8) is not compatable to the the FH terrain.
    I didnt get to ride it after the adjustment...but I would venture to say it would have been as good as my RIP once the suspension was dialed in to my weight.

Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by pcupach
    I just rode the 429 out on the FHs. The bike was stiffer than my RIP and it climbed as good if not better. However going over rollers felt like the bike was going to endo.

I didnt get to ride it after the adjustment...but I would venture to say it would have been as good as my RIP once the suspension was dialed in to my weight.
    I tend to agree. I rode the Mach 5 and initially I also noticed increased stiffness as compared to my Cannondale. However, the front shock was also significantly stiffer than what I run which I'm sure added to the feeling of a "stiffer" frame. Weight was also a plus and it felt nimble, quick, climbed good (Nevengals) and held a line well. This is a very capable bike and wasnt pushed at all on this trail.

Now as for the trail I disappointed that it had been smoothed out so much. It was kind of like someone gave the trail some prozac. Someone go throw some rocks, boulders and branches on it.....

banned
    I agree that the Foothills are not the best location to put the current models (of any manufacturer) through their paces. I'm going to give Stevie a call today and provide him with this very feedback...for future (like the Turner Demo ) reference.

tardcore
    Sadly all the LBSs have some weird thing where testing at Elena is the only perceived option. Pretty hard to test a bike there unless it's an ss 29er