Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    Is the bike OK?
    Reputation: nealpederson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    816

    Pajarito, Round 2&3, Pictures

    We had an excellent weekend at Pajarito today and yesterday. There werenít' many people partly due to the Crested Butte DH race but the people who did show up had the mountain to themselves . The only downside to the weekend was our loyal trail builder Dan E. getting hurt at the end of today. Everyone wish him a speedy recovery! Since I had two incredible days to ride I was able to take a camera with me today and take some shots. Pictures:

    My son Ben on the new bridge drop (front):
    BenBridgeDrop.jpg

    Ben on the new bridge drop (rear):
    BenBridgeDropRearAngle.jpg

    Rich on the new bridge drop:
    RichBridgeDrop.jpg

    Jason on the new bridge drop:
    JasonBridgeDrop.jpg

    Ben on the 2nd drop of new DH trail:
    BenNewDH2ndDrop.jpg

    Chris on the 2nd drop of new DH trail:
    ChrisNewDH2ndDrop.jpg

    Chris on last table top of Rich's new jump trail:
    ChrisNewJumpTrail.jpg

    Jason hitting the road gap:
    JasonRoadGap.jpg

    Ben on Triple Threat Teeter:
    BenTripleThreatTeeter.jpg

    Route through "On The Rocks":
    OnTheRocks.jpg

  2. #2
    Is the bike OK?
    Reputation: nealpederson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    816

    More Pictures

    Me on the Muy Loco Drop:
    NealMuyLocoDrop.jpg

    Ben on the Muy Loco Log:
    BenMuyLocoLog.jpg

    Daughter Michelle catching some air:
    MichelleCatchinAir.jpg

    Wife Kristin on some rocks:
    KristinRock.jpg

    Michelle & Kristin headed to Aspenola:
    MichelleKristinBackSide.jpg

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    189
    And to think I thought I was just helping a random damsel in distress with her crank. Good thing someone else came by that had the right size allen wrench. Next time, I'll have my toolkit with me. Anyway, glad to see I was able to help out your family in small measure of payment for the work you do up there. Awesome shots of the whole family.

  4. #4
    C S
    C S is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: C S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    610
    It was definitely an incredible weekend! Thanks to all of you guys for all of the work you have put in to build amazing trails up there. It was nice meeting you, Ben, Rich, Dan, Chris, and a whole bunch of other cool people. I was hurting too much today after wrecking yesterday to try Air Raid and Battle Stations, but I did get three runs in on Half Aspen, one through Side Winder I feel so proud of myself for riding a section you guys don't even think twice about At least I'm getting a little better...

    BTW, where did Dan get hurt? I hope it's not bad and he can get back riding soon.

  5. #5
    Is the bike OK?
    Reputation: nealpederson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    816
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemezc
    And to think I thought I was just helping a random damsel in distress with her crank. Good thing someone else came by that had the right size allen wrench. Next time, I'll have my toolkit with me. Anyway, glad to see I was able to help out your family in small measure of payment for the work you do up there. Awesome shots of the whole family.
    Thanks for the help! I should have had that bike better tuned but it's getting hard to maintain XC & DH bikes for a family of four. Thanks to NMJoe for having the right size allen!

  6. #6
    Is the bike OK?
    Reputation: nealpederson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    816
    Quote Originally Posted by C S
    ..
    BTW, where did Dan get hurt? I hope it's not bad and he can get back riding soon.
    2nd drop of the new DH course (see pictures above). FR-rider's "Bone Shaker" name for the new trail may be one of the best names after today

    It was our pleasure showing you around C S!

  7. #7
    Ride Hard, Ride Free
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    427
    Quote Originally Posted by nealpederson
    2nd drop of the new DH course (see pictures above). FR-rider's "Bone Shaker" name for the new trail may be one of the best names after today

    It was our pleasure showing you around C S!
    "Bone Shaker" for sure!

    Couldn't be there this weekend, I've been on-call, I'll be there on 5 Jul.

  8. #8
    7MGTE
    Reputation: supramk388's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,712
    Awesome pix Neal! I need to get back out there for sure

  9. #9
    Bandolero
    Reputation: notaknob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,428
    Quote Originally Posted by fr-rider
    Couldn't be there this weekend, I've been on-call, I'll be there on 5 Jul.
    5th July? Is this a secret lift day only for the *in-crowd*?

    I saw this on their site (put it on my calendar at work too)
    • 2008 Lift Days (9 am - 3 pm)
    • Saturday June 7th (Summerfest)
    • Saturday June 21st
    • Sunday June 22nd
    • Saturday July 12th
    • Saturday July 19th
    • Sunday July 20th
    • Saturday August 2nd
    • Saturday August 16th
    • Sunday August 17th
    • Saturday August 30th
    • Saturday September 13th
    • Sunday September 14th
    • Saturday September 27th (Ullrfest)
    See the trails, be one with FOO-MTB.
    Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--

  10. #10
    Is the bike OK?
    Reputation: nealpederson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    816
    Quote Originally Posted by notaknob
    5th July? Is this a secret lift day only for the *in-crowd*?
    If it is they didn't tell me . I think he was assuming the lifts were run exactly every two weeks. I think the ski hill made it three weeks between last weekend and the next open weekend so they wouldn't have to run on the July 4th holiday weekend.

  11. #11
    Ride Hard, Ride Free
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    427
    Quote Originally Posted by notaknob
    5th July? Is this a secret lift day only for the *in-crowd*?

    I saw this on their site (put it on my calendar at work too)
    • 2008 Lift Days (9 am - 3 pm)
    • Saturday June 7th (Summerfest)
    • Saturday June 21st
    • Sunday June 22nd
    • Saturday July 12th
    • Saturday July 19th
    • Sunday July 20th
    • Saturday August 2nd
    • Saturday August 16th
    • Sunday August 17th
    • Saturday August 30th
    • Saturday September 13th
    • Sunday September 14th
    • Saturday September 27th (Ullrfest)
    12 July...my mistake DICK! Bandaleros not welcome.

  12. #12
    Bandolero
    Reputation: notaknob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,428

    Haha!

    Quote Originally Posted by fr-rider
    12 July...my mistake DICK! Bandaleros not welcome.
    I thought you'd managed to get secret lift access and damn it I wanted in.

    And... It's BandOleros to you.

    We're often not welcome, but well received due to our cleanliness, sensitivity and well mannered attitudes. We're sharp dressers too!
    See the trails, be one with FOO-MTB.
    Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--

  13. #13
    Ride Hard, Ride Free
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    427
    Quote Originally Posted by notaknob
    I thought you'd managed to get secret lift access and damn it I wanted in.

    And... It's BandOleros to you.

    We're often not welcome, but well received due to our cleanliness, sensitivity and well mannered attitudes. We're sharp dressers too!
    Bandaleros still not welcome

  14. #14
    7MGTE
    Reputation: supramk388's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,712
    Quote Originally Posted by fr-rider
    Bandaleros still not welcome
    PM sent
    Last edited by supramk388; 06-24-2008 at 11:36 AM.

  15. #15
    Pivotal figure
    Reputation: kenbentit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    5,668

    AZ crew says thanx!

    Just wanted to give a big thank you to all the locals we met at Pajarito especially Chris for inviting over for the BBQ . We had a great time riding and it was so hard to leave but we'll be back for sure. Next time maybe we'll have a bigger group since we let the secret out. Here are some shots from our riding, the rest are on the picasa link..

    http://picasaweb.google.com/kenbentit/NewMexicoTrip
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AndyN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,118
    Quote Originally Posted by kenbentit
    Just wanted to give a big thank you to all the locals we met at Pajarito especially Chris for inviting over for the BBQ . We had a great time riding and it was so hard to leave but we'll be back for sure. Next time maybe we'll have a bigger group since we let the secret out. Here are some shots from our riding, the rest are on the picasa link..

    http://picasaweb.google.com/kenbentit/NewMexicoTrip
    Cool pictures Ken. Glad to see Micki (sp) got over the horror of Pacheco Canyon road and had a good time at Pajarito.

    Give a shout next time you guys get over this way and the tour of NM will continue.

    Andy

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Big Hitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    61
    Glad you all had fun at the BBQ, nice to have you. From your pics it looks like you had a good time on the trails up at Pajarito and REM is always a blast, next time you can ride the technical single track up the windsor trail instead of pacheco canyon road. Hope you make it back for some more enjoyment later in the season.

    Chris

  18. #18
    Ride Hard, Ride Free
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    427
    Quote Originally Posted by supramk388
    PM sent
    I was just joking...no hard feeling to the Bandaleros....Bryan...Ramon

    We'll hit north soon.

  19. #19
    banned
    Reputation: Mtn. Biker123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7,330
    Long live the Bandoleros. Bruce experiences one of our hazings as no one would be caught dead in a jersey like this...He was forced to wear this and drink Tecata all night


  20. #20
    RCC
    RCC is offline
    Bandolero
    Reputation: RCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,497
    Quote Originally Posted by fr-rider
    I was just joking...no hard feeling to the Bandaleros....Bryan...Ramon

    We'll hit north soon.

    mi hermano you don't have to apologize to us.youre one of us!
    I heard the mission bell
    And i was thinking to my self
    This could be heaven or this could be hell...

  21. #21
    When in doubt, go faster
    Reputation: =ChrisB='s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,122
    Damn, new stuff looks legit! Hope to be shredding with you kids soon!

    On the Rocks looks legit as hell, whens it gonna be done?

    Ohh and Neal, whats it with your kids and the huger then f**k moto helmets?

  22. #22
    Is the bike OK?
    Reputation: nealpederson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    816
    Quote Originally Posted by =ChrisB=
    Damn, new stuff looks legit! Hope to be shredding with you kids soon!

    On the Rocks looks legit as hell, whens it gonna be done?

    Ohh and Neal, whats it with your kids and the huger then f**k moto helmets?
    On the Rocks is open! I just wasn't able to snap a shot while people were riding underneath me.

    Helmets: I guess we just got big heads in my family. Michelle is using Ben's old helmet and it does look kinda big but fits her well. I had a pretty bad head injury on my MX a couple years ago (12 hours of asking the same questions over and over again) so full face helmets are mandatory in my family when riding DH. Note to all: pay good money for a helmet that will have to be replaced if you crash hard once. It's much cheaper than the hospital bills

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •