mtbr member

Pajarito Punishment '08: Results and Photos

Thanks to all participants and CONGRATULATIONS to the winners

Results have been posted at:
    http://nmmtb.org

Also check out the great action shots taken by James Rickman at:
    http://web.mac.com/jamesrickman

Finally, comments about the race will be appreciated. Please share your thoughts.

Thanks,
    -Gary
    there can be only one... track

rohloff rich
    Gary:

Excellent race: registration, course marking, course marshalling, race course, results--pretty much everything was perfect. The only complaint I had was the numbers. Mine flapped in the wind the whole race and just about drove me crazy! Get the card stock ones next time!

Otherwise, I've never seen one put together better (it helps to have Orval!). Hope you'll do it again next year.

Is the bike OK?

A few Pics

Here's a few pictures I took:

Mass Start:
    PP1_Start.jpg

First Corner:
    PP2_1stCornger.jpg

Paula & Rachel:
    PP3_Paula_Rachel.jpg

Lawry Goddard (Dr. God)
    PP4_DrGod.jpg

Mellissa G:
    PP5_MelissaG.jpg

RichardInLA:
    PP6_RichardT.jpg

After the first part of the race was over my son and I headed up to play on the dirt jumps and help with the water bottles on the first turn above the finish line. Here's Ben:
    PP7_BenDJs.jpg

Me (This is when I realized my flash was on and was totally screwing up my exposure time):
    PP8_NealDJs.jpg

P.S. I heard a lot of good comments on the downhill section of the race called Aspenola. If anyone wants to ride this and many other sweet DH trails without the torture of climbing first, head up to Pajarito this coming weekend and ride the chairlifts up. They'll be open both Saturday and Sunday and on Saturday they'll also have Marble Brewery (beer ) & Ryan McGarvey (tunes ).

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    We will b ther and be square.. I cant wait.. no rest for the wicked !! Also would like to hit up the new freeride areas.. SWEET JESUS !!

Is the bike OK?
    Quote Originally Posted by mountaingoat111
    We will b ther and be square.. I cant wait.. no rest for the wicked !! Also would like to hit up the new freeride areas.. SWEET JESUS !!
    Right on Jamie ! You'll have to talk to Rich about going to The Well. Depending on when you come through Santa Fe you should either hit it early in the morning or later in the evening cause it's hot down there (maybe not hot compared to where you’re from). You probably know where the La Tierra jumps are. They're not as hot as the Well but you wouldn't want to be there in the middle of the day.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mountaingoat111
    Hey Jamie,
    PM me if you're thinking of the Well on Friday or Monday. I may be able to get out there for a bit. I was planning on riding Pajarito both Sat. and Sunday this weekend
    RICH

No no...the OTHER LA.
    Jul 2005
    Cool pics Neal! I like that last pic of you jumping. The exposure might be off, but it created a real artsy look. I would consider printing that if it were me. Of course I couldn't get that kind of air in my dreams.

That was indeed a fun race. We did get a bit plugged up heading out to Canada Bonita and back. I lost of a bit of time there, but made it back on the climb up. It would have been nice to have the distance extended just a bit next year. 12 seemed a little short, but I'm not sure I would be up for two loops of the ski hill.

banned
    That last pic of the gap is cool! Might see you all this weekend.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Sweet !! We will be headed back on sunday.. just have to see how it goes.. I aint been anywhere this summer.. This and The Rampage is it for me this year.. Been doin a bit of riding and building in Ruidoso , its AWESOME !! All new potential !! See ya friday night..