Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Is the bike OK?

Pajarito Mountain Biking Postponed This Weekend :(

I just got this from Tom Long, the manager of Pajarito

"Good Afternoon Neal:

We have had a major water line break and our water tank has drained.
    Without water, no bathrooms, no food service and our crew will need to
    be working on the water line break on Saturday for sure. If you can
    pass the word that we will have to postpone this weekends Bike & Hike
    to the bike crew that you ride with it would be helpful. Thanks

Tom"

mtbr member
    Darnitt!!!! Thanks for the update. Let us know if you hear of a possible make-up weekend. Thanks Neal.

banned
    So you coming down then, Teeg?

mtbr member
    Looks that way. I'll give you a shout this eve.

mtbr member
    Aye, can confirm that I got a similar email. Here's the email sent out to all the ski club members today:

There will be no Pajarito Mountain lift served hiking/biking this weekend (Saturday-Sunday Sept 12-13). Pajarito Mountain cafe will also be closed.

Overnight, our domestic water line broke, and so we do not have any water at the ski area. We are challenged to find the leak, due to the amount of rainfall that has fallen this last week. We need our ski area staff to continue to work on finding the leak, and so we will not be able to operate the lifts this weekend.

We regret the inconvenience. We will posts updates on our website, www.skipajarito.com. Thanks for your patience.
    "My life's ambition is to see a musical version of MacBeth performed by chickens."

Bandolero

Back off bi tch

Quote Originally Posted by delnorte
    Too bad about Pajarito.

We've got a shuttle bi tch lined up for tomorrow so that should ease the pain.
    See the trails, be one with FOO-MTB.
    Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--

7MGTE
    Quote Originally Posted by notaknob
    Too bad about Pajarito.

We've got a shuttle bi tch lined up for tomorrow so that should ease the pain.
    Yep, yep, us as well, see you guys tomorrow

Is the bike OK?
    Quote Originally Posted by supramk388
    Yep, yep, us as well, see you guys tomorrow
    I'm planning on going Sunday.

Bandolero

Hail Caledonia!

Managed to avoid the storms but it was coming down hard for a while.

There were signs of big hail. Glad we missed this part

Further down it got wetter

And more hail

Near Tree Springs we stopped for a short rest

The skies were clearing

Bit o the white

Managed to slug through the thick parts

Down into the sun and trees

Lather, rinse. Repeat

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I am very disapointed in Pajarito, We drove all the way from Oklahoma for nothing, I see no reason why the lifts had to stay closed, specially after they found the leak Friday night and had temporarly fixed the leak and had some water. Bring in some port a potties and run the lifts, there were other groups of people that came a considerable distance as well. We did hit the skills park and dirt jumps before we left, and those were a joke, they were fun, but i could have done the same things here in Oklahoma. I couldnt believe thats all they had. I dont mean to offend the locals that ride here, but there is no reason the lifts needed to close. I guess next time it will be worth the extra drive to go to Crested Butte or Winter Park.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa
    I am very disapointed in Pajarito, We drove all the way from Oklahoma for nothing, I see no reason why the lifts had to stay closed, specially after they found the leak Friday night and had temporarly fixed the leak and had some water. Bring in some port a potties and run the lifts, there were other groups of people that came a considerable distance as well. We did hit the skills park and dirt jumps before we left, and those were a joke, they were fun, but i could have done the same things here in Oklahoma. I couldnt believe thats all they had. I dont mean to offend the locals that ride here, but there is no reason the lifts needed to close. I guess next time it will be worth the extra drive to go to Crested Butte or Winter Park.
    One less Oklahoman at Paj will be awesome. Please, do go to those CO areas instead from now on. Your dim-witted, cry baby antics are along the same lines as the "Psychos & Morons" post.

If you are judging Paj by the skills park or dirt jumps, then you do not even have a clue what Paj really is. The 2 sections you did ride are for Oklahomans to figure out how they might be able to enjoy themselves on a mountain that is more than most Okies can handle. So go ahead and tell all of your Okie friends how it sucks, because if they are anything like you, we don't want them around.

While your at it, get your wedged panties out of your rear end and take your balls out of your purse. All you had to do was check the status on their website before you came. I certainly would have before I traveled that far. Sorry things didn't work around your individual and very fragile personality & schedule... Sorry that emergencies happen and it makes you all pissy. Would you be crying even if the weather legitimately shut the lifts down also?

You were still in NM, and could have put together an incredible weekend (Shuttles, XC, Freeride/jump) that would have been as good as Paj, had you looked at other options or contacted any of the willing guides on this board (like our crew, that shuttled all day for an incredible day - yes, we would have accomodated you). Instead you chose to be a big crybaby. Go back to your box of tissue and keep posting your hissy-fit throwing statements. It's entertaining and funny to watch grown men reduce themselves to full-blown fragile crybabies in a public forum.

I <3 NM
    pwnd
    "Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.

Bandolero

Speechless

One less Oklahoman at Paj will be awesome. Please, do go to those CO areas instead from now on. Your dim-witted, cry baby antics are along the same lines as the "Psychos & Morans" post.
    You stole all my good lines before I could put them into a post.

You missed:
    • "they normally close the mountain when they hear teh awsomeness of Okies/Tesans are coming."
    • "Not only did they close Pajarito, they closed the whole firkin state"
    • "you breathed our air. that's worth the drive alone"
    • "um you boys never heard of Guaje or Nail Trail"
    • "that nealpederson never told me un nuthin"
    • "hold on there parder, there's a - NEW - Mexico"
    • "for $20 a pop, some NM would have shuttlebiatched for the two runs they'd make"

I was contemplating doing another run with RCC yesterday as the sun was shining down but couldn't convince myself to put on my soaking wet clothes again.
    Last edited by notaknob; 09-13-2009 at 11:07 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    One less Oklahoman at Paj will be awesome. Please, do go to those CO areas instead from now on. Your dim-witted, cry baby antics are along the same lines as the "Psychos & Morons" post.

If you are judging Paj by the skills park or dirt jumps, then you do not even have a clue what Paj really is. The 2 sections you did ride are for Oklahomans to figure out how they might be able to enjoy themselves on a mountain that is more than most Okies can handle. So go ahead and tell all of your Okie friends how it sucks, because if they are anything like you, we don't want them around.

While your at it, get your wedged panties out of your rear end and take your balls out of your purse. All you had to do was check the status on their website before you came. I certainly would have before I traveled that far. Sorry things didn't work around your individual and very fragile personality & schedule... Sorry that emergencies happen and it makes you all pissy. Would you be crying even if the weather legitimately shut the lifts down also?

You were still in NM, and could have put together an incredible weekend (Shuttles, XC, Freeride/jump) that would have been as good as Paj, had you looked at other options or contacted any of the willing guides on this board (like our crew, that shuttled all day for an incredible day - yes, we would have accomodated you). Instead you chose to be a big crybaby. Go back to your box of tissue and keep posting your hissy-fit throwing statements. It's entertaining and funny to watch grown men reduce themselves to full-blown fragile crybabies in a public forum.
    I will refrain from giving out the douche bag responses and simply say, we checked before we left, it was open, not everyone travels with a computer to look up other options, it would have been nice to pay someone to take shuttle us up. I am not trying to start crap with you guys, I am just stating my opinion. Bad weather is one thing, but no water is another. The weekend was not a complete loss, did some drops jumps and enjoyed the mountains.
    Although I had no idea some New Mexicans (notaknob) were douches like Texans.

Bandolero

Tallahassee -- The Mountain Goats

I will refrain from giving out the douche bag responses and simply say, we checked before we left, it was open, not everyone travels with a computer to look up other options, it would have been nice to pay someone to take shuttle us up. I am not trying to start crap with you guys, I am just stating my opinion. Bad weather is one thing, but no water is another. The weekend was not a complete loss, did some drops jumps and enjoyed the mountains.
    Although I had no idea some New Mexicans (notaknob) were douches like Texans.
    I'm originally from Florida so my immunity to generalizations regarding how people from a certain area is strong. I've discovered this immunity is not shared by many. To sum it up, "All generalizations suck"

Pajarito being closed also sucked, as it was on such short notice. Most people who post here recommended it to you and you got the shaft. That's the difference between a hill ran by the ski club and one run as a business. The latter would have gotten a water truck up there so as not to lose current/future business. The former, well, you see what happened there.

Since you'd posted here before, I'd thought you were in the group supramk388 was puttin some flat-lander hurt on. Those Texans got the local knowledge tour and will probably be back*. I'm surprised to see you'd posted up about missing out on the awesomeness that is NM.

There were about 3-4 groups on Sandia doing shuttles on Saturday and I'm sure there were a few out and about in Santa Fe, Los Alamos and Sandia today.

[SIZE="1"]
    * you either get better, get hurt or find someone/someplace else to ride - sometimes all three[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    i am not sure what you mean by the supramk388 group, someone stirring up trouble?
    I think you nailed it, it was a ski resort, not a business, I couldnt believe they didnt get a water truck and some port a potties up there to keep customers happy, I am sure if it was ski season, that would have been the consequence.

Basura Blanca
    Jan 2004
    Well, that was your first mistake - believing that Pajarito has any interest in their customers at all, much less keeping them happy. Bummer to have made that long of a drive only to strike out. Sorry for your poor experience, pero asi es Nuevo Mejico.
    - Joe

I think you nailed it, it was a ski resort, not a business, I couldnt believe they didnt get a water truck and some port a potties up there to keep customers happy, I am sure if it was ski season, that would have been the consequence.
    We rejoice in our suffering, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character.

RCC
    Bandolero
    Quote Originally Posted by NuMexJoe
    pero asi es Nuevo Mejico.
    That's funny!
    RCC
    I heard the mission bell
    And i was thinking to my self
    This could be heaven or this could be hell...

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Just super D on Saturday. Wet, wet, super D, Ya bummer about Pajarito, but there is always good riding to be had here, epically if you drove that far! You just have to speak up. Our Texan guests were worked at the end of the day.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    yeah it would have been nice to hang around and find some shuttles, i actually busted my front wheel the big drop in the skills park, so i was done for the weekend.

I do have one question.....

WHAT ARE THOSE CHECKPOINTS FOR???

Is the bike OK?
    What checkpoints are you talking about?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    snicker.

mtbr member

when life gives you lemons ....

1 the crew hanging
    2 the knob breaking the sound barrier
    3 double
    4 dude who hit the double like butter
    5 my muddy co-pilot
    6 what the hail
    7 slip and slide. Seriously, inches of hail in September????

..... and I got out of this was a muddy truck and a dirty dog
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by NE2NM; 09-14-2009 at 09:43 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by nealpederson
    What checkpoints are you talking about?
    the big one when you turn to head to the mountain, and a smaller one when you are leaving

Is the bike OK?
    the big one when you turn to head to the mountain, and a smaller one when you are leaving
    Oh, those are the Los Alamos National Laboratory checkpoints going on and off their main area that were put in after 9/11. Most people think they're fairly worthless but it's a government thing. There is an easy way around the checkpoints. On the north side of the bridge that goes between the Lab and town there is a road that goes down into the canyon and up to the ski hill road. It's actually faster if you are headed from town.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast