Is the bike OK?

Pajarito DH Trail "Muy Rapido" needs a better name

OK, we built this new DH trail at Pajarito this spring and in a hurry I named it "Muy Rapido" just because it's near and similar to "Muy Loco" and I couldn't think of anything better. I don't love the name and my son tells me a lot of other people including himself don't like the name at all. I still can't think of anything better but I'm offering an entire beer (or Monster drink if < 21) to anyone who can come up with a better name that we end up using.

Notes about the course: Starts out as the steepest run on the mountain. It has fairly good flow and two good size drops. One of them is really big:

Bring on the names!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nealpederson; 07-01-2008 at 06:04 PM.

Bandolero

Naming rights

Pederson Plunge?
    See the trails, be one with FOO-MTB.
    Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--

mtbr member
    It will have two starting options, right? One will be the rock garden and the other the tight turns through the trees. I suggest the upper sections being "On the Rocks" and the other being "With a Twist"... and after those sections join the remainder can be "Shoot it Down" or something to do with drinking.
    there can be only one... track

mtbr member
    Free fall. Or the not too original Widow Maker if I tried to ride it.

mtbr member
    No suggestions from me, I still can't name my new trail (kinda like the sound of free fall though, and on the rocks always seems to describe the rock garden well). Dan and I got the upper section of the new west end trail clear down to the road. This part is mostly done, Its kinda a dirt jump version of Half Aspen(sorry no pictures). A bunch of cool table topi-sh jumps in a wide track through the woods. The lower part (not done yet-don't ride down below the road) will be real tech and cool with steep rock roller and some drops plus a "Drop Zone" - BIG DROP More jumps at the bottom - this trail will be a black diamond trail but a few of the bigger stunt variations are full on double diamond. See you guys Sat. and maybe Sunday too

mtbr member
    When I saw photos of that drop, the first thing I thought of was 'soil your shorts'.

Mmm...staying with the spanish theme, how about something like 'pendiente loco'...crazy descent. My spanish is dodgy so you might check with someone to make sure it shouldn't be loca.
    "My life's ambition is to see a musical version of MacBeth performed by chickens."

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Tha Spanish Fly.. That drop makes me horny I am gonna make it ther this summer damnit.. Just comin off a broken tibia, sweet, back in the saddle..

When in doubt, go faster
    Neal's' Deal? dunno it just came to me.

Ride Hard, Ride Free
    May 2004
    Peligrosa.......The Smokin Gun.....or Bone Shaker
    Last edited by fr-rider; 06-22-2008 at 07:25 PM.

banned
    Bittersweet

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I saw the rock field that the trail traverses below chair lift and have two suggestions. In keeping with the aspen theme - Aspen Over Teakettle, or Screeming Descent for the rock field and it's steepness.

Neal et al Thanks for making such a great place to come ride. I'm a generally wheels down XC old fart but my 14 yr old son is a beginning huckster and we had a great time together today. We especially liked the skills area and I appreciated all the "ride arounds" for the jumps on Sidewinder, Air Raid, Battle Stations, and May Day. I loved Dogpatch; steep, technical, single track w/o jumps.

likes beer
    gargamel

Is the bike OK?

Bone Crusher

I think "Bone Crusher" after of Dan E.s wreck wins the naming contest. This is a slight mod to Nate's "Bone Shaker" so he gets an entire beer next time I see him. Dan on the other hand gets a case of beer to aid his recovery.