Hammer

Our Government at it's Best!

Take a look at this video in the link below. Sometimes we forget that US of A does do good things and it is the many outstanding government workers that are the reason. Simply replace Brien in this video with Kerry and Ryan. Thanks guys!

#whyMTB Chapter 2: Brien Chartier
    Placitas Tim

saddlemeat
    On the other hand these gov't resources are extremely expensive* and perhaps not the best way to do the job.

*new $50,000 pickup, heath insurance, retirement, training junkets, etc, etc, etc. A standard club/imba bike patrol can do all this for free.
    A Useful Bear is a handy thing.

mtbr member
    Show us the pic that was included!!!!! Not just the letter...

Hammer

Bonking ... not feelin' well Note to self: Do not post anything on MTBR NW

Sometimes I forget why I should not post stuff here. Thanks guys for reminding me why I shouldn't. Maybe I will remember this the next time I get the urge.

PS If in fact the person above was riding his bike in wilderness then they at least should have the decency to not whine about getting fined for it.
    Placitas Tim

Hammer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Whitehead View Post
    Well, in my mind you posted a horrific example of how we are spending our tax dollars and now have proceeded to "whine" in your own defense. I think it is fine that you think its a good idea, and I applaud your willingness to voice your opinion, but don't think for one minute that others are not obliged the same courtesy.

I don't mind getting fined. I just have a problem paying it. Would you care to make a donation?
    My point with the video was not to advocate armed patrols of our trails. The point of the video, as I see it, was to show that there are people in our government that see our sport in a favorable light and in fact use bikes as part of their jobs. It was great to see a law enforcement officer, or any government worker, get out of his truck and ride a bike. It was also amazing that he was concerned about the sustainability of the trails he patrols. It is this attitude we want to see in the people that manage our public lands.

You think you are being cute and funny with your comments, but your posts like the ones above just reaffirm why you continue to be kicked off the forums.

PS I was almost hung by a wire trap in Placitas 10 years ago. So, I have no problems with gun carrying Law Enforcement Officers patrolling trails. It was the efforts of a Forest Service Law Enforcement Officer that caught the person laying these traps. He caught this person while patrolling the trails. The person caught was later charged and convicted. Since then, no wire traps.
    Placitas Tim

Hammer
    LOL

Mr. Whitehead boot off as I posted my reply. As predicted.
    Placitas Tim

mtbr member
    Thanks for the post. I am anti-government by nature, but I've never had anything but positive experience with BLM rangers. As for the Forest Service, if you don't think you're getting your money's worth out of Kerry, you've never seen him work.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    bsieb, Extremely expensive you say? Really? We spent $670 billion last year on those "government employees" fighting the so called war on terror on the other side of the world. Personally I much prefer my tax dollars be spent right here on the highly educated government employees working here in our country. They are safer here too.

Stucco Bucket
    highly educated govt employees?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by the_owl View Post
    highly educated govt employees?
    Ditto!

I <3 NM
    ignorance is bliss
    "Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.

saddlemeat
    Quote Originally Posted by xNJr View Post
    bsieb, Extremely expensive you say? Really? We spent $670 billion last year on those "government employees" fighting the so called war on terror on the other side of the world. Personally I much prefer my tax dollars be spent right here on the highly educated government employees working here in our country. They are safer here too.
    I still think club or Imba patrols can accomplish thing without all the overhead, if it's even necessary. I wasn't dissing anyone, just pointing out the obvious. I'm sure it's a wonderful job to have for the employee involved but I've met very few who didn't exhibit disdain for the public they were "serving". I guess anything is cheap compared to an overseas war but I'm not sure that's a useful yardstick. We can run our YCC crews for a whole season for the same money, or less probably.
    A Useful Bear is a handy thing.

I <3 NM
    The gov isnt really the 'enemy'... the comments are insightful:

https://www.facebook.com/AmericanHiking
    "Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.