Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sad, depressing , disgusting, pathetic what these TRAIL VANDALS have done in Otero. They have decided that you and I can only ride what's down the middle of the trail. They have now torn out about every little booter, rock to hop off of . Any rock to roll over. Anything you might find fun. No matter how small. And all this is in the Forest Service area of Otero. Talk about sanitizing a trail. Now the FS wants to talk to them. And I know there's quite a lot of riders pissed at these guys. They don't realize they are taking away from a whole lot of different peoples ride. I see lots of different riders playing on the various little booters and things they took away. Young, old, don't matter. Most of this stuff has been there for years. But now they think you should not be allowed to have fun on your ride and took it away. If they don't like Otero they should stay in the Bosque where its smooth. Or Pine Flat where they also ride. Its sad to think two mtn bikers are responsible for this. I do need to say that there is another older gentleman that drives a white Dodge truck that's not the one, This guy drives the WHITE DODGE TRUCK with the DAKINE PAD over the tailgate. Plate NM 948RZN. Not sure what his friend drives that is also involved with this sanitizing of Otero. I'm told they also park at the Pine Flat PL as well. If you see them, call the FS in Tijeras and let them know.
    There are a lot of names I can think of for these guys, none of which I can use here. Oh and everything they took out that's in the Forest Service will be going back with permission.
    Sent on my Droid while hitting that $h!t

Why didn't the FS talk to the vandal when otero was ruined in May? Rocks can be restacked but trees won't grow back.

mtbr member
    Couldn't tell you. Didn't do either. Perhaps they did.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbike52 View Post
    Sad, depressing , disgusting, pathetic what these TRAIL VANDALS have done in Otero. They have decided that you and I can only ride what's down the middle of the trail. They have now torn out about every little booter, rock to hop off of . Any rock to roll over. Anything you might find fun. No matter how small. And all this is in the Forest Service area of Otero. Talk about sanitizing a trail. Now the FS wants to talk to them. And I know there's quite a lot of riders pissed at these guys. They don't realize they are taking away from a whole lot of different peoples ride. I see lots of different riders playing on the various little booters and things they took away. Young, old, don't matter. Most of this stuff has been there for years. But now they think you should not be allowed to have fun on your ride and took it away. If they don't like Otero they should stay in the Bosque where its smooth. Or Pine Flat where they also ride. Its sad to think two mtn bikers are responsible for this. I do need to say that there is another older gentleman that drives a white Dodge truck that's not the one, This guy drives the WHITE DODGE TRUCK with the DAKINE PAD over the tailgate. Plate NM 948RZN. Not sure what his friend drives that is also involved with this sanitizing of Otero. I'm told they also park at the Pine Flat PL as well. If you see them, call the FS in Tijeras and let them know.
    There are a lot of names I can think of for these guys, none of which I can use here. Oh and everything they took out that's in the Forest Service will be going back with permission.
    Yup, looks like we went form one extreme to the other. It sucks when people take on the role of trail steward and only push their own agenda. Whether it is to make everything a jump or to remove any and all features. All of these stewards should take their projects elsewhere, either build your your own troll trail or cruise the Bosque. Otero is a better place without the vandals.
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

-cabra cadabra

Stucco Bucket
    its retaliation brought on by one persons actions. Unfortunately we are all paying the price.

High Alpine Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by the_owl View Post
    its retaliation brought on by one persons actions. Unfortunately we are all paying the price.
    Yep, the "Free Riders" seem to think they can boost every turn and strava every trail... and then when someone gets pissed, they de-cry the injustice of it all.... interesting!

Oh and everything they took out that's in the Forest Service will be going back with permission.
    And at least Steve has the right idea... maybe even some signage at the entrance to Otereo indicating to hikers and the "Bosque Cruisers" "Caution - Technical Features Exist - Stay Clear"!

Then again... I find a bar bell works well!!!
    Dug-Da-Goat

Something changes at 12,000'
    ...so welcome to the Odyssey!

Building your trails at FooMTB

Stucco Bucket
    Doug, me personally I dont strava. I dont cut the trails, even the bottom of Otero. Im rarely looking to get out of Otero any faster.
    This vandalism was done to be spiteful. The trail features dont affect all you bosque types looking for paved trails. Its all off to the side, and established for years. I can see major conflict brewing over this. One particular individual(s) has taken it a bit too far, causing this other individuals(s) to do even more irrational and idiotic behavior. I dont see how I can approve of one persons behavior and condemn the other.

CoolArrow
    Quote Originally Posted by DaGoat View Post
    Yep, the "Free Riders" seem to think they can boost every turn and strava every trail... and then when someone gets pissed, they de-cry the injustice of it all.... interesting!
    "Free Riders" and strava in the same thought?
    Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard – website

banned
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jhazard View Post
    "Free Riders" and strava in the same thought?
    You mean you haven't noticed all the freeridin' strava'ers? I have actually seen this illusive species in Otero. Through my eyes they coulda been African lions, and I would have been nonetheless surprised.

banned
    Sep 2005
    Doug, me personally I dont strava. I dont cut the trails, even the bottom of Otero. Im rarely looking to get out of Otero any faster.
    This vandalism was done to be spiteful. The trail features dont affect all you bosque types looking for paved trails. Its all off to the side, and established for years. I can see major conflict brewing over this. One particular individual(s) has taken it a bit too far, causing this other individuals(s) to do even more irrational and idiotic behavior. I dont see how I can approve of one persons behavior and condemn the other.
    It was more about what was said, than what was done Owl. You, of all ppl, should know this.

banned
    Sep 2005

And at least Steve has the right idea... maybe even some signage at the entrance to Otereo indicating to hikers and the "Bosque Cruisers" "Caution - Technical Features Exist - Stay Clear"!

Then again... I find a bar bell works well!!!
    Great. Freeridin' Strava'ers and bells. Jeebus. This guy did a lot more damage than just tearing out a few benign features.

CoolArrow
    Otero, and it's features aren't what I'd necessarily consider "free-ride".

"All-Mountain" maybe, but not Freeride

In all seriousness, the amount of damage that dude did is crazy. Almost went otb in some rocks due to a b-line being blocked. Thanks Bry and Co. for resurrecting most of the destruction.
    Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard – website

banned
    Sep 2005
    Otero, and it's features aren't what I'd necessarily consider "free-ride".

"All-Mountain" maybe, but not Freeride

In all seriousness, the amount of damage that dude did is crazy. Almost went otb in some rocks due to a b-line being blocked. Thanks Bry and Co. for resurrecting most of the destruction.
    I was sort of late to the party, actually.

Anyway, while they may not be your idea of freeride, I've seen on more than one occasion full face helmets and armor. One of them was even sporting two cameras. It looked like he was going in to battle a lion, and wanted to make damn sure there was some evidence.

CoolArrow
    Quote Originally Posted by D5_ADJ5 View Post
    I was sort of late to the party, actually.

Anyway, while they may not be your idea of freeride, I've seen on more than one occasion full face helmets and armor.
    So, if one were to wear a full face an armor on the road, that would be freeriding? My comment was tongue-in-cheek

One of them was even sporting two cameras. It looked like he was going in to battle a lion, and wanted to make damn sure there was some evidence.
    May have been this guy...

Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard – website

banned
    Sep 2005
    So, if one were to wear a full face an armor on the road, that would be freeriding? My comment was tongue-in-cheek

May have been this guy...

Hey man, if it looks like a duck and acts like a duck.

Well, the guy in the yellow shirt wasn't even wearing a helmet. You are guilty of free riding by association.

mtbr member
    45 deg. up here right now. Burrr. Sign of things to come. Good morn. for that wind breaker if your hitting the trail early

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Any reports on today's conditions? Muddy?
    "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning." ShakyPuddin

banned
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by swildnm View Post
    Any reports on today's conditions? Muddy?
    Should be nice and tacky. I'm gonna fetch some more pine nuts.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I'll trust your judgement, maybe we'll see you there. Thanks.
    "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning." ShakyPuddin

mtbr member
    It's going to be a hero dirt kind of day. Go get you some!

mtbr member
    Wet conditions right now.

banned
    Sep 2005
    Yep, BIG storm rolled in at about noon yesterday. It was just getting good, too! I bet the Manzanita Madness folks got a little more than they bargained for with regard to their endurance. Myself and another fella narrowly escaped the brunt of it, and somehow managed to avoid the pockets or rain down from Mars Ct. Those trails, even though compacted in many places, are slick as hell, and require a whole other set of skills. I think next year's Banduro is going to be in the Mudd.

High Alpine Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn. Biker123 View Post
    I think next year's Banduro is going to be in the Mudd.
    Take it up to the Cumbres and throw in some Cow Crap!
    Dug-Da-Goat

mtbr member
    There's going to be some kick ass conditions here in the East Mtns this weekend!

banned
    Sep 2005
    Otero was a tad sloppy today only because of a late afternoon shower. Surprising how quickly that all soaked in. It would have been close to perfect conditions, maybe a little wet in spots, had it not been for that 15 minute deluge. Tomorrow and over the weekend should be excellent, though. Get it while the gettin' is good!

Trail Rider
    Thanks for the update.
    Trek Fuel EX 9.8 + and Wagon Wheels

mtbr member
    Due to some overnight rain, it could be a little on the soft side until he sun gets on the trail for a bit. I think I'll give it a try around 10-11am.

mtbr member
    Over an inch of rain last night and all day today. Still some light rain now. Going to be soggy up here tomorrow.

Trail Rider
    Any rain today?

Think it'll dry up by Sunday morning?

banned
    Sep 2005
    Started at about 1pm: I rode Otero, B-Flo, Drop-in, Cajun Pine, Southern Crossing, 337/Raven/Mars, Cajun Turkey, Cajun Pine, 3b's, and back down Otero. It wasn't near as bad as I thought it would be, and will be even better tomorrow.

banned
    Sep 2005
    Most of the mud was on the 2-track connector between Drop-In and Cajun Pine. Some spots on Southern Crossing and Cajun, but they should be dried up by late morning.

Hit DAT Shit.

mtbr member
    Cold, but HIT THAT $h!T!

mtbr member
    Cold, but HIT THAT $h!T!
    Does that mean it is ridable in Otero? Would maybe hit it this weekend.

mtbr member
    I'm going to give it a go around mid day. It's moist up here but not really muddy. The higher up the more soft areas you will probably find. Last week some spots on Three-Bs stayed a little slick while most everything else was good.

banned
    Sep 2005
    I'm going to give it a go around mid day. It's moist up here but not really muddy. The higher up the more soft areas you will probably find. Last week some spots on Three-Bs stayed a little slick while most everything else was good.
    Good to know! I was skeptical, so opted for a romp at WM today.

mtbr member
    Good to know! I was skeptical, so opted for a romp at WM today.
    Your going to get blown off the ridge today.

banned
    Sep 2005
    Your going to get blown off the ridge today.
    Yep, you called that one! It was windy, but not in the normal spots. Dragon's Back was fun as usual.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Today I rode Tunnel up to West Ridge, down Tio Juanito, up Gnasty, over to Drop In, down almost all of Otero, and finally back up and out with Birdhouse. Almost everything was in good shape. Lower half of Gnasty is very muddy, I would avoid. Occasional spotty sections in Otero with mud but mostly easy to avoid. I was worried about puddles or mud build up with the jumps, but all were still in good shape. -Apo

mtbr member
    Between cool days and cold nights, The trails are holding on to the moisture much longer. Not the quick drying out were use to. Most everything was still rideable but pretty moist. From what I hear, trails south out of Mars Ct. were bad. Luckily there is a dry stretch of weather this week. Won't be long before mud and or snow chases up out. Get it while you still can.

banned
    Sep 2005
    I was picking up a lot of mud today - literally Looks like the best time is before the thaw around noon, or after 3pm when it starts to firm up again. It's a good time to be night riding out there!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AbqApo28 View Post
    Today I rode Tunnel up to West Ridge, down Tio Juanito, up Gnasty, over to Drop In, down almost all of Otero, and finally back up and out with Birdhouse. Almost everything was in good shape. Lower half of Gnasty is very muddy, I would avoid. Occasional spotty sections in Otero with mud but mostly easy to avoid. I was worried about puddles or mud build up with the jumps, but all were still in good shape. -Apo
    I think i saw you at the top of Gnasty on Blue Ribbon. We spoke briefly. Hope you had a good rest of your ride. West Ridge and Birdhouse were killer.

banned
    Sep 2005
    What a difference a day makes. I guess it did not get below freezing for a significant amount of time last night. All the squishy spots were mostly gone, and the trails are in the best shape I've seen it all year. With the wind at our backs on the way down, it was truly heavenly.

mtbr member
    Looks like a pretty substantial snow storm is coming Mon and Tues. Time may be about up.

banned
    Sep 2005
    Looks like a pretty substantial snow storm is coming Mon and Tues. Time may be about up.
    I'm definitely getting the most out of my new light.

mtbr member
    Pushing about 3 inches now and still snowing pretty hard in the East Mtns.

Stucco Bucket
    whos the hairball building booters every 10 yards right in the middle of the trail all the way down? A little much, dont you think? I mean, I love 8 inch kickers to flat as much as the next guy, but they are kind in the middle of a really good trail.

banned
    Sep 2005
    whos the hairball building booters every 10 yards right in the middle of the trail all the way down? A little much, dont you think? I mean, I love 8 inch kickers to flat as much as the next guy, but they are kind in the middle of a really good trail.
    The only 8" kickers I've seen are the regular ones, and there is only one that popped up last year that is somewhat close to the main trail tread. It's totally avoidable, though.

Were you wearing your glasses?

mtbr member
    Close to 12" on the ground after more came overnight. Still snowing.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    https://youtu.be/mV1LzXf1TKQ

The only 8" kickers I've seen are the regular ones, and there is only one that popped up last year that is somewhat close to the main trail tread. It's totally avoidable, though.

Were you wearing your glasses?
    Don't hate me because I'm Ti

banned
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky dick View Post
    See, that is why I never made a very good team player. Like JMac, I'm way too hard on myself.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Bummer, I was hoping to get out there before the big snows came.

Stucco Bucket
    Welp, at least the brap is gone now. I hope the vandals lurnt a lesson.

banned
    Sep 2005
    Welp, at least the brap is gone now. I hope the vandals lurnt a lesson.
    Ha! The last two times I saw you, you were perfectly content "braaaap'n" your way down Otero.

'twere very proud moments.

My Precious.

High Alpine Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by Porch View Post
    Bummer, I was hoping to get out there before the big snows came.
    You guys better not be killing the kittens!!!

Otero conditions?-screen-shot-2013-09-06-10.59.48-am.jpg
    Dug-Da-Goat

mtbr member
    It's about time for some Red Mesa. No chance of any harm to kittens out there.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Yes. Still have not ridden Red Mesa.

Also I don't recall much more in the way of kickers on the way down Otero. Maybe one new one and one or two missing ones from the vandal debacle.

Wish I could afford a fat bike.

banned
    Sep 2005
    You guys better not be killing the kittens!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-09-06 at 10.59.48 AM.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	1029975
    Might want to call the humane society. I put down a fiery hot trail of kitty DNA all about the North Foohills.

banned
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by warimono View Post
    Yes. Still have not ridden Red Mesa.

Also I don't recall much more in the way of kickers on the way down Otero. Maybe one new one and one or two missing ones from the vandal debacle.

Wish I could afford a fat bike.
    Bummer. He had me going there for a minute.

mtbr member
    Up in the Raven Rd- David canyon area there is still plenty of snow. Lots of melting, mud, but the ground is still mostly covered. Lower down is a little different. Tunnel- Bird House area snow has pretty much melted except in shaded areas. Probably plenty of mud as well. I didn't go in. The further you go up towards Otero the more snow and mud. Early bird beats the mud.

mtbr member

Otero conditions?

Just went for a short ride and there's a lot more snow then I thought. Birdhouse has some nice spots and some muddy ones but overall not terrible until you get to the top. Tunnel was actually worse with a lot more mud and snow surprisingly. What made it worse was my Marsh guard would get full of mud and the front tire wouldn't even move. So not worth riding right now especially if you have a marsh guard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

banned
    Sep 2005
    Yeah, I drove up there hoping to get in while it was starting to cool down and firm up. I got about 20 yds in and turned around. Opted for the footies...

Otero conditions?-nite-ride-005.5.jpg

Otero conditions?-nite-ride-004.5.jpg

Trail Rider
    snow/mud still?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mlx john View Post
    snow/mud still?
    I got a chance to check out Otero today. The first 1/2-3/4 miles are pretty rough from all the foot traffic while it was real muddy. Most of that has firmed up. Some mud. After that the spots spread out quite a bit. Even in the afternoon there was still lots of frozen ground. Get in and out before noon or so and you should be OK. If all that frozen ground thaws, things could get soft.

banned
    Sep 2005
    Well, it's not quite as dry as Dagoat's sense of humor, but like Stevie says there are just patches of permafrost, but not much in the way of actual mud. I got started at about 3:30 and by the time I finished up all the soft spots were pretty firm. Definitely bumby down low from hikers and bikers, and soft everywhere up top from aeration.

Otero conditions?-otero-004.5.jpg

Otero conditions?-otero-005.5.jpg

Otero conditions?-otero-003.5.jpg

mtbr member
    With the weather looking good for ABQ this week do you think the Otero area will be good this Friday? I'm coming down from the Aztec area and looking to ride!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bncrshr77 View Post
    With the weather looking good for ABQ this week do you think the Otero area will be good this Friday? I'm coming down from the Aztec area and looking to ride!
    It's good to go right now. Unless we get moisture between now and then, you will be good.

mtbr member
    Awesome! Thanks!

banned
    Sep 2005
    Otero conditions?

Obviously needs more fatbike.

Otero conditions?-otero-003.5.jpg

banned
    Sep 2005
    Only one set of tracks going into the withdrawal, and they ain't Fat.

Otero conditions?-otero2-001.5.jpg

Otero conditions?-otero2-003.5.jpg

Coming down takes a special kind of skill.

mtbr member
    Today I started at Mars Ct. Cajun Pine was all good to Three Bottles. The only real mud on Three Bottles is around the switchbackes area. After that 3-Bs was all good. Otero still is holding some mud in several spots. Better conditions up on top.

Stucco Bucket
    I guess its safe to come back here, without any spanduro worries.
    We rode Otero on Thursday and its kind of a mess. Really bad at the top and typical lower sections that hold water.
    Ended up doing Blue ribbon and it was great. 3Bs Was mostly good except the top like steve said.
    If the storm misses us on Tuesday, im betting Thursday or friday it will be rideable

High Alpine Adventure
    I guess its safe to come back here, without any spanduro worries.
    We rode Otero on Thursday and its kind of a mess. Really bad at the top and typical lower sections that hold water.
    Ended up doing Blue ribbon and it was great. 3Bs Was mostly good except the top like steve said.
    If the storm misses us on Tuesday, im betting Thursday or friday it will be rideable
    Good to hear an unbiased assessment... save the kittens!
    Dug-Da-Goat

What? There's more?
    Rode Otero up to West Ridge yesterday and except for Tunero junction, the legal part was perfect. I'm told above that was almost as good with two small sections best walked. Ridge and Tio were mud-free.

mtbr member
    Time to hit that $h!t. The mud at Tunero and Otero is shrinking every day. Should be completely gone in a couple of days. Not to bad now. After that Otero is all GTG. Cajun Pine GTG. Three Bottles GTG. Southern Crossing GTG. West Ridge GTG. Don't know about Bird House or Tunnel yet. See you on the trail.

mtbr member
    Man is it ever getting dry out there. More like what you would expect to see around late June or July. Lets hope we get some rain soon or it will be a short season in the East Mtns. Get it while you still can.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    You aren't kidding. I was coming down Tio today and the corners were basically made of moon dust. Get it while you can!

mtbr member
    Loving it out here right now. Here's a little 60 second raw video I put together with my iPhone!

CoolArrow
    Dusty today too. Cool vid, btw. Finally busted out the cameras, gotta capture some of the magic before inevitable ....

Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard – website

mtbr member
    Awesome shots man! Love the last one! By the way have you done that bigger rock drop that's to the left in that little clearing before you get to that small jump section?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I agree with Jerry. Very cool video... And cool bike, too!

CoolArrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew8404 View Post
    Awesome shots man! Love the last one! By the way have you done that bigger rock drop that's to the left in that little clearing before you get to that small jump section?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks!

You mean its to your left as you're on the way UP? Yup. Have photos of others hitting it, but never got a selfie on it. Judging by your vid, I'd guess you'd have no problem on it?

Dig the rig too!
    Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard – website

Stucco Bucket
    its named pickit. you can roll it on the left or drop it on the right.

CoolArrow
    ...there's actually two drops there. One is a little more hidden.
    Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard – website

mtbr member
    Thanks!

You mean its to your left as you're on the way UP? Yup. Have photos of others hitting it, but never got a selfie on it. Judging by your vid, I'd guess you'd have no problem on it?

Dig the rig too!
    its named pickit. you can roll it on the left or drop it on the right.
    Awesome pickit! I want to hit it so bad but I'm a little nervous not following someone into it. I don't want to get too much speed because it seems like you don't need much.

Cactus Cuddler
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew8404 View Post
    By the way have you done that bigger rock drop that's to the left in that little clearing before you get to that small jump section?
    I'm one for two on that one

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tehllama View Post
    I'm one for two on that one
    Ha ha that doesn't give me confidence. What happened on the fail??

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    All this water going to get sucked up by mid morning or is south footies going to be the go to?

JXG
    mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Damp in just a few spots today, otherwise dry

mtbr member
    Anyone been on ground after the last 2 days of snow/rain? Think it'll be GTG on Saturday?
    Proponent for an Evidence Driven Life.
    Current HTFU status: 4/10; increasing

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. 68 Hundred View Post
    Anyone been on ground after the last 2 days of snow/rain? Think it'll be GTG on Saturday?
    More moisture up here over night. Unless we get lots more through the week, the conditions should be good next sat.

mtbr member
    Conditions in Otero were about as good as it gets yesterday. Man did we need that rain. Hope for more.

mtbr member
    Awesome afternoon for a ride out there today. Got rained on just a little with a couple scary lightning strikes overhead. Most of the rain was up high (David Canyon, Turkey Trot, up to Mars Court and down through 3 Bottles).

Anyone know what's up with the upper portion of Drop In that's blocked off up to the Cajun Pine connection?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ABQ Clydesdale View Post
    Awesome afternoon for a ride out there today. Got rained on just a little with a couple scary lightning strikes overhead. Most of the rain was up high (David Canyon, Turkey Trot, up to Mars Court and down through 3 Bottles).

Anyone know what's up with the upper portion of Drop In that's blocked off up to the Cajun Pine connection?
    From what I heard, there is a reroute now that takes you off of the old two track road and on single track. I'm going to check it out today.
    Conditions are going to be killer today with that rain late yesterday.

Stucco Bucket
    the reroute starts basically at the intersection of west ridge/cajun pine.
    It by passes the rocky climb thats all eroded. It cuts back into the old trail at the top of the climb.

EDIT. I meant Drop in and West ridge (boundary) brain fart
    Last edited by the_owl; 04-23-2016 at 04:57 PM.

mtbr member
    Thanks to everyone that came out yesterday to help with the 3-Bs build. We had a very good turnout. Over 20 people showed up to help out. Almost more people than tools. We got quite a bit of new trail in and it's looking great. Lots more trail to go. See you next month.Otero conditions?-img_2461.jpgOtero conditions?-img_2465.jpgOtero conditions?-img_2466.jpgOtero conditions?-img_2469.jpgOtero conditions?-img_2471.jpgOtero conditions?-img_2473.jpgOtero conditions?-img_2474.jpg

mtbr member
    the reroute starts basically at the intersection of west ridge/cajun pine.
    It by passes the rocky climb thats all eroded. It cuts back into the old trail at the top of the climb.

EDIT. I meant Drop in and West ridge (boundary) brain fart
    Yesterday I came down Blue Ribbon heading back to Otero from 3-Bs. There are a few reroutes around some of the steep rocky areas on Blue Ribbon as well. The FS with a Youth Corp group has been doing a bunch of work out there for a couple of weeks now. The reroutes seem to be keeping the flavor of the trail and seem like good changes. So far.

mtbr member
    Thanks Steve. How's it looking out there after last night's rain?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ABQ Clydesdale View Post
    Thanks Steve. How's it looking out there after last night's rain?
    Just enough rain to dampen the ground a little. All good to go

mtbr member
    Fantastic! Thanks again!

mtbr member
    We got some nice slow steady rain yesterday. Conditions are going to be really good today. Until the extreme wind hits later.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast