Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I <3 NM
    Quote Originally Posted by Repster View Post
    The admins of this site don't really care what is good for the local forum. They care about add streams and revenue. Only when it gets to the point where those are affected will they consider any changes. Of course, flooding their inbox with reports is one way to pass on some of the frustration.
    That's effective, according to 'the rules.'

Mtbr Posting Guidelines
    "Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Repster View Post
    Speaking of reps, I got a blue chiclet for my post in the "name" thread. Is that negative, positive, or neutral? Of course, they didn't bother to comment...
    maybe your getting flagged as a spammer
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

-cabra cadabra

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBNate View Post
    Not sure why it went away, domain name expired maybe?

I meant the content on EBC wasn't better per se, but the user interface was better.

MNBS's site appears much different to navigate thru than EBC or MTBR (both use standard forum software). Also, my mobile phone doesn't do NMBS's layout any favors, unlike this forum which works great with the Tapatalk forum app (granted I haven't done a search to see of NMBS is Tapatalk enabled - an over sight on my part).

Content-wise, from what I've been able to see of NMBS it looks fine, just getting to it doesn't seem intuitive. Perhaps this is because I haven't signed up for an account though - is all the good stuff for registered users only?

Actually it is, for now. NMBS is a work in progress, and content is minimal. I'm learning the entire system as I go. Most of the better features are available to members only. There is a super simple Facebook style interface for the main user panel. We have the ability to create personalized groups, write blogs to be used as content on the front non mambers page, and have your standard forums. The software is not necessarily your standard forum, but a content management system with a forum component. I hope to have a lot of user created content as well as create a lot of content myself.

I made it super easy to sign up. You can use your Facebook account or its a quick registration form. My goal is to bring all NM bikers together for the good of the community, to give us a quick and easy way to stay in touch, meet new riders who have similar interests, and give us an easy way for us the stay in touch and brag about our rides or our new gear, or whatever...

The mobile side is coming, I have a few bugs I need to get figured out first, and get to getting some more content up. I have slowly been uploading some of the pictures I have taken over the years and not published for some my travels throughout New Mexico. More to come.

Creating the site has been a learning experience for me, and I am open to CONSTRUCTIVE critism, suggestions, and comments.

Its worth a look at least, But it is kinda hard to make decisions based on just looking at the outside.

If there any problems, please let me know. I will try to address them as quickly as possible.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by atenciole View Post
    Actually it is, for now. NMBS is a work in progress, and content is minimal. I'm learning the entire system as I go. Most of the better features are available to members only. There is a super simple Facebook style interface for the main user panel. We have the ability to create personalized groups, write blogs to be used as content on the front non mambers page, and have your standard forums. The software is not necessarily your standard forum, but a content management system with a forum component. I hope to have a lot of user created content as well as create a lot of content myself.

I made it super easy to sign up. You can use your Facebook account or its a quick registration form. My goal is to bring all NM bikers together for the good of the community, to give us a quick and easy way to stay in touch, meet new riders who have similar interests, and give us an easy way for us the stay in touch and brag about our rides or our new gear, or whatever...

The mobile side is coming, I have a few bugs I need to get figured out first, and get to getting some more content up. I have slowly been uploading some of the pictures I have taken over the years and not published for some my travels throughout New Mexico. More to come.

Creating the site has been a learning experience for me, and I am open to CONSTRUCTIVE critism, suggestions, and comments.

Its worth a look at least, But it is kinda hard to make decisions based on just looking at the outside.

If there any problems, please let me know. I will try to address them as quickly as possible.

I think it is pretty cool what you are doing Larry. When it all comes together it sounds like it will be a great resource for NM riders.
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

-cabra cadabra

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Sorry for the thread jack.

I <3 NM
    I'll set up an account this weekend, looking forward to it.

Is your user name linked to a FB account? Our can it be the same one on here for example?
    "Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Either or. I set it up so you could either use your f, or create your Own log in. The forum is now tapatalk enabled. I'm working on making the jamsocial component responsive,, so it automatically resized for the screen your using. When that's done I'll post the link to the site app.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2