I <3 NM

New question here. NM Trails Conditions?

Be arriving this coming weekend and looking to ride.

How is White Mesa/Otero/Dale Ball/Taos/Gallup and all the other awesome NM dirt?

Everything nice and dry and ready to ride?
    "Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.

banned
    You know it! What do you have planned?

I <3 NM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn. Biker123
    You know it! What do you have planned?
    nothing set in stone yet..

Who carries Pivot bikes in Alb? Fat Tire..?? Others? I need to pick up a spare derailleur hanger.
    Last edited by MTBNate; 06-01-2009 at 04:42 PM.

banned
    Yeah, FT.

How's about a little revenge on that Cochiti ride? Ravens Ridge to REM would be good. How about Saturday? Take your pick. Both rides are very well documented and come highly recommended (especially for flatlanders) by the Bandoleros here on the forum.

I <3 NM
    Yeah, FT.

How's about a little revenge on that Cochiti ride? Ravens Ridge to REM would be good. How about Saturday? Take your pick. Both rides are very well documented and come highly recommended (especially for flatlanders) by the Bandoleros here on the forum.
    Saturday is my travel day...driving for 14 ass numbing hrs from La to Alb. How about next wknd depending on schedules etc?

Also, would be great to get a NM Trails map stickied on this forum. I made a rough effort with this but I'd love to see what's around Gallup etc.

My NM Map:
    View New Mexico Bike Trails in a larger map

banned
    Gallup Info

Just let me know when/where you want to ride.

I <3 NM
    Ugg.. cant get the trail locations to show up.. here is the direct link:
    http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...7f2220be65&z=9

I <3 NM
    Gallup Info

Just let me know when/where you want to ride.
    How is Gallup? Looks awesome!

banned
    You'd love it. PM bsieb here in the NM forum for more details. I have ridden McGaffey and it's definitely a must ride if your in the area. I have a feeling Twin Springs has all of the goodness your in search of though.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    SB is snow free but we have been getting hammered with rain and snow every day for a couple of weeks, bring yer rain coat!
    Its the internet...we all sleep with supermodels.

banned
    Whats up Thread killer? You done hibernating for the winter? Time to dust off those cycling shoes, eh!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Hey Brian. Yep, back among the living spent the winter with six broken ribs after running into a tree skiing, most painful thing I have done to myself. After 5 months I am able to ride but can't ride hard as I can't take a deep breath, I just have to hope I don't sneeze!

banned
    Or, cough

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Weird injury because everything is ok until you do the wrong thing like the above mentioned or try to sleep or snuggle the wife.

How is the little guy? He must be shredding it up by now.

I have been brewing beer all winter, we should get a ride/ party together.

banned
    He's doing great. He's really pushing the BMX race thing, so I might get him signed up this year. I need to get up to Taos for a weekend. Maybe soon.

I <3 NM
    Quote Originally Posted by greg de taos
    SB is snow free but we have been getting hammered with rain and snow every day for a couple of weeks, bring yer rain coat!
    i cant fathom snow at this time of year.. We've been up in the mid 80's-90's with summer humidity for the last 2 months..

What's to ride down around town??

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBNate
    i cant fathom snow at this time of year.. We've been up in the mid 80's-90's with summer humidity for the last 2 months..

What's to ride down around town??
    Snowed a couple of inches at 9500 and up today. The riding though, has never been better, super tacky. We just leave early and try to get down low by 2 pm or so, not hard to do.

I don't think we have been above 72 for a at least a month or so, parts of March were warmer than May.

Let me know when you will be up to ride.

saddlemeat
    The Zunis are in great shape, although it's been raining everyday, so it's best to ride in the morning/early afternoon. I'm headed off for a week on the San Juan River on Thursday, so I won't be around for the next two weekends.

It has been a cool May here also, last week it was still down in the low 30's at night up at McGaffey. Last night was the first night I spent in town since last Wednesday, the sirens in the Zunis keep calling...

The cool weather makes for great riding, however.
    A Useful Bear is a handy thing.