Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

The NM Trail Vid's Thread

6K views 63 replies 13 participants last post by  F.N.G 
#1 ·
We have a NM Trail Pix Thread, why not add a NM Trail Vidz Thread as well?

Post 'em up!
:thumbsup:

------------------------------------
I'll kick it off with a quick little vid I put together late last year using my iPhone & Contour cams. It was recorded at ABQ's S. Foothills and the music is ABQ's own Monster Paws, enjoy:

#53 ·
The cam is good but not great. The sound sucks. But I like the screen. I can switch from time lapse to normal adjust resolution and all that. ... i tried recording a timelapse in a 30 min section and it locked up the cam. Which wasnt a huge loss. the time lapse sucked. That climbing section was just a normal clip that i sped up. .. i got about 2.5 hrs of battery life. Thats without turning the cam off amd recording for about an hr... i might buy a narrow lens to better record others riding in front of me and ill deff be buying an extra battery and a chest mount.

If you compare it to the gopro white the extra 80 dollars gets you much better sound a little bit better picture. But you dont get a screen replaceable lens 8mp cam vs 5 and tripod screw mounts. Weather or not that maters i dont know. I just wanted a cheap cam and thats what i got ao im very happybwith it so far.

#56 ·
The camone comes with a 170° fov the after market ones are 140° and 94° . Ill be getting a narrow lens for filming riders in front of me. I think it will work out well. Its not the best cam out there but for the price im very happy.

Very cool Vid there, Fuglio. Some of those lines I've seen but haven't the balls to take.

And you can't go wrong with that funky ol' Beck song. Kinda fits the SFH's to a tee.
The lines arnt so bad hopfully we'll meet up again . If you can follow people into them you get the speed see somone else do it and youll clean em all no problem.
I did like how the vibe of the song matched the video. Its kind of a boring vid and the song makes it bareable...

#63 · (Edited)
Ok, after lurking the NM forum for quite some time….I decided to put together a video of myself riding out at Otero Canyon. The climbing portion of the video was taken last year and the somewhat DH part was over the last few months. Riding days this year have been few and far between compared to last year, but I try to at least hit 1 new jump and 1 new climb each time I make it out to Otero. I haven’t gotten to the point that I’m hitting the really big stuff or the log rides….but that will come in time.

Anyways, hope you like the video, thanks goes out to the Bando’s who took the time to show me around the mountain and helped me get my two wheels off the ground.

See ya on the trails, Jeff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.