Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NM Snow Reports

I <3 NM

NM Snow Reports

Where at and how much?
    "Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.

banned
    Looks like 5-6 in the higher elevations.

Otero, should still have an inch or two. RM/WM will be a slog.

Foothills until Saturday or Sunday, but I'm thinkin' a roadtrip PHX might be in worx.

tardcore
    There's between 3 - 12" all over the EM so no go up here. Here's the foothills last night. It was really nice conditions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NM Snow Reports-p1000154.jpg  

NM Snow Reports-p1000159.jpg  

I <3 NM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn. Biker123
    Looks like 5-6 in the higher elevations.

Otero, should still have an inch or two. RM/WM will be a slog.

Foothills until Saturday or Sunday, but I'm thinkin' a roadtrip PHX might be in worx.

What about southern NM? Anything in Socorro, T or C, Las Cruces..etc??

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBNate
    What about southern NM? Anything in Socorro, T or C, Las Cruces..etc??
    Socorro has good stuff, never been. LC is very similar to Foothills riding in regards to visual effect. The terrain is a bit more challenging, though. Never been any further south then that. T or C, forget it

banned
    That's killer! I love it. Goin' for a ride...seeya!

I <3 NM
    Awesome pix!!

3 more wks for me until I can leave Louisiana...

tardcore
    If you're not here for three weeks the conditions will change several times between now and then so I'd imagine there will be plenty of choices when you arrive no need to drive. I was able to ride everything but Sandia all through last winter.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Just a dusting in Arroyo Seco, none in Taos. No snow on our lower trails including a new one along the gorge. "The Rift Trail" small climbs with copious fast rolling sections. I think it is about 12 miles long, but haven't mapped it yet. It is near the Taos Overlook, that piece of road as you come into Taos that looks up the gorge.

Is the bike OK?
    In Los Alamos it snowed off and on all day yesterday but never really accumulated. The sun facing trail I can see from my house in Bayo canyon doesn't have snow on it. I may head out for a ride at lunch time since anything that was wet will be frozen. The higher elevations around here definitely have snow but wouldn't be very deep until you get up to the ski hill.

I <3 NM
    Quote Originally Posted by pjlama
    If you're not here for three weeks the conditions will change several times between now and then so I'd imagine there will be plenty of choices when you arrive no need to drive. I was able to ride everything but Sandia all through last winter.
    Yeah, I am sure it will be sunny and 65 deg when I get there.

saddlemeat
    A few inches here in Gallup, maybe double that in the Zuni Mts. Plan to drive up today and find out.

Surely this is not the end?

Note to self:

1.new line on the ice fishing rods

2.get a pair of skate boots (size 12) for solomon bindings (aren't you glad you hot waxed your xc skis before you put them away last spring )

3. Haul firewood up to cabin while driveway is open so GF doesn't have to pull it in with the sled.

4. text J. Lloyd to bring the cargo sleds up
    A Useful Bear is a handy thing.

mtbr member
    I hiked & skied Santa Fe ski area this morning before work. 6 in of powder on a thin base. It was cool to have some powder for my first day of skiing! There's a couple inches of snow starting just after Nun's Corner on the ski hill road. It gets a little deeper as you go up.

High singletrack is getting snow for sure. Under 9000 ft it could still be rideable for a while, though.

Is the bike OK?

So much for my LA ride...

Quote Originally Posted by nealpederson
    ...I may head out for a ride at lunch time since anything that was wet will be frozen...
    We've received more snow in Los Alamos today than we did yesterday . One thing I've learned today is that wunderground.com's radar is much more accurate than weather.com . We've had a couple of inches in the last few hours. Out there was my snowless trail earlier this morning.
    NM Snow Reports-octsnow.jpg

banned
    yep, looks like this storm is making it's "rounds".

We're having seconds !

I <3 NM
    Quote Originally Posted by delnorte
    I hiked & skied Santa Fe ski area this morning before work. 6 in of powder on a thin base. It was cool to have some powder for my first day of skiing! There's a couple inches of snow starting just after Nun's Corner on the ski hill road. It gets a little deeper as you go up.

High singletrack is getting snow for sure. Under 9000 ft it could still be rideable for a while, though.

I like the sounds of that!

Here, it's mid 70's, humid as hell, gushing down rain and we have Tornado Warnings all over the place..

Bandolero Crew N.M.
    Another 2" here in the East Mtns this afternoon. About 5" on the ground now. Looks like Otero is out for a while.

I <3 NM
    I am so ready for some NM..

My city in Louisiana has been center stage on the Weather Channel all evening... massive rain, flooding and numerous tornadoes.

2 more weeks..

Basura Blanca
    Jan 2004
    We went for a short ride this evening up Perimeter, but the 2 inches of snow on the ground was much more slippery than I'd guessed given how wet it was in town. Good fun, but lots of pushing, and we bailed at Pipeline. Warmed up in the garage with hot cider & tequila. At the risk of alienating the skiers and boarders, I'm hoping this all melts off and we get another dry spell.
    - Joe
    We rejoice in our suffering, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by MTBNate
    I am so ready for some NM..

My city in Louisiana has been center stage on the Weather Channel all evening... massive rain, flooding and numerous tornadoes.

2 more weeks..

Stay safe Nate, although I have always wanted to see a tornado. Seen all the other big weather events but never a tornado.

Snow piling up big time here. Hasn't stopped for hours.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NuMexJoe
    At the risk of alienating the skiers and boarders, I'm hoping this all melts off
    Skrew those bastids.

This kind of miserable weather should have been postponed until December, at least.

Might have to mount up the Freddie's Revenz...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NM Snow Reports-nokian-freddies-revenz-lite.jpg  

Last edited by AndyN; 10-29-2009 at 08:28 PM.

banned
    I have to admit, it sure does make for some beautimus pix, though. I took Tye out for a short loop at IS. It was perty!

tardcore
    Sweet pics! That bike is sick I'm stoked to get out to WM Saturday morning though, this weather is the perfect excuse.

banned
    I was going to send this one in an email so you could have a last moment...

tardcore
    Great pic, that's your bike and was destined to be yours, I just had the pleasure of building it and getting it to its rightful owner.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast