mtbr member

NM real estate question

Considering relocating… within a 30 minute commute to Kirtland AFB are there homes with acreages available (say 10+ acres) that could have farm animals? Preferably in a direction that is close to mountains and/or MTB trails and fairly safe from crime.

Thanks.

Bandolero Crew N.M.
    The Tijeras- East Mtn area is just what you are looking for. Lots of options for acreage and plenty of great trails. Im 25 min. from Kirtland and Otero- David Canyon Is minutes from my house. Were at 7600 ft. elevation. Hard to beat.

I <3 NM
    I am also transfering to Kirtland..

East Mts has what you are looking for, but if you want an easy commute to KAFB and still be within 45 min of trails, consider Los Lunas.
    "Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Tijeras or Cedar Crest/East Mts. area would be your best bet. Still within less than an hour drive to good trails and Kirtland

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WaySlowWhitey
    Tijeras or Cedar Crest/East Mts. area would be your best bet. Still within less than an hour drive to good trails and Kirtland
    Way less than an hour

If you find a place in either Tijeras or Cedar Crest, you're well within riding distance from some of the best trails in the area. Less than a half hour from KAFB.

I <3 NM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn. Biker123
    Way less than an hour

If you find a place in either Tijeras or Cedar Crest, you're well within riding distance from some of the best trails in the area. Less than a half hour from KAFB.

The Wyoming Gate isn't far from I-40. The only thing is that east mountain real estate is kinda hit & miss. Some parts are really $$$ and other parts a lot more reasonable.

Pays to shop around for sure.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    call rich walters aka ricierich on here..he is a top expert racer..he helped me find a house when i moved here from florida last year..he is the best..no pressure cool guy! mike szabo

mtbr member
    Ok, thanks to all. I'm not ready to move just yet and I'm just doing my homework.

Are the areas you're talking about fairly pastoral with horses, farms, and such?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    You better pay us a visit before your plans go any further. Pastoral is pretty rare around here.

GeoMan
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmatero
    Ok, thanks to all. I'm not ready to move just yet and I'm just doing my homework.

Are the areas you're talking about fairly pastoral with horses, farms, and such?
    Pastoral? This is high desert; dry and open. Nice, once you get used to it... pastoral? Hmmm.

Geo

I <3 NM
    pastoral can be found in the high mts or maybe the river valley in places..