mtbr member

New toy in the quiver- the "Bandolero Crusher"

Just picked up this new 6" travel toy for $660 on ebay yesterday. Should make a pretty fun ride in my quiver. I'll be looking to change the cranks out for a double w/ bashgaurd or a triple. I'm just glad to have something for all mountain XC that's not a hardtail anymore. I think I'm gonna call it the "Bandolero Crusher".
    Below are specs:
    2008 Haro Xeon VL160

Rockshox Pearl 3.3 rear shock w/ Gate, Rebound, and lockout

Manitou Minute Elite SPV 110-140 Fork

Mavic D321 Wheelset XT rear Hub Quando 20mm front

RaceFace Diabolus Crank with Diabolus Chain Guide

Avid Juicy 7 brakes 185 front rotor 160 rear

Sram X9 shifters and rear derailleur

FSA impact headset

RaceFace Evolve DH stem and bars

Continental Diesel Pro 2.5 Tires

Wellgo B-67 Pedals

Not bad for 6 & 1/2 bones.

Not too excited about the Manitou fork, but I'll put a year on it and replace it w/ something sweeter. I thought about getting a frame to replace the hardtail instead of a whole bike, but I just couldn't part with my Rocky Mountain Blizzard. Besides, I picked up this whole bike cheaper/= than a frame.
    Anyone interested in the RaceFace Diabolus Crank with Diabolus Chain Guide, they are for sale, I might be willing to trade. I already have a downhill/freeride bike so I'm gonna convert this on to an all mountain ride. Seemed like a good cheap score on the lowball bid.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by delnorte; 10-24-2008 at 01:27 PM.

banned
    Good job...but I hope that it doesn't live up to its name!

Looks like it has some potential, but in it's current state, its kinda Fugly. I will wait to give it the 'Bandolero Stamp of Approval' until its maiden voyage.

TBO...I must be having the same feeling looking at this bike that Paul gets when he looks in the mirror .

See ya' tomorrow, I hope!

Bandolero

We're going to have to blow up the computer!

Quote Originally Posted by delnorte
    Just picked up this new 6" travel toy for $660 on ebay yesterday. Should make a pretty fun ride in my quiver.
    Nice ride! I was skeptical of that Kannukistan made hardtail you were riding for XC/AM.

I think the Bandolero's have a name for it already: "That bike the slow dude's riding"
    See the trails, be one with FOO-MTB.
    Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--