Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Need stoke?

2K views 41 replies 10 participants last post by  Mtn. Biker123 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Stoked!

I'm stoked and that video gets me even more stoked:D ! I actually can't help but being stoked every time Pajarito is going to be open. I had a nightmare last night: I dreamt my watch was off and I missed the first two runs of the day :eek: .

LA riders except those who may be racing at Sol Vista will be here. Chris M. went to Keystone for the weekend to work in his newly heeled scapula. Rich S. will be here.

Well, another two weeks and we've got another new trail. This one isn't completely finished but half of it is well benched in and the other half is roughed in enough for us to try it out. It's the intermediate trail that starts where Sidewinder starts and traverses over to the top of Air Raid and Air Born. It should make it easier to go from east to west at the top and will eventually have a bunch of cool features like tabletops built into it. It should have really good flow with good berms too.

Here's the start looking up (Sidewinder is on the left next to the blue sign):
Plant Tree Wood Terrestrial plant Trunk

#3 ·
tick tock, tick tock...

nealpederson said:
I'm stoked and that video gets me even more stoked:D ! I actually can't help but being stoked every time Pajarito is going to be open. I had a nightmare last night: I dreamt my watch was off and I missed the first two runs of the day :eek: .
It's been so long, I forgot what time the lift opens. Is it 0900 or 1000?

#5 ·
RCC will be headed up to Camp May today ( maybe myself this evening ) with his moto. Maybe you could direct him to some good trails Neil? The rest of the crew will be arriving somewhere around 8:30. Will look for you to show us the goods!

#7 ·
Mtn. Biker123 said:
RCC will be headed up to Camp May today ( maybe myself this evening ) with his moto. Maybe you could direct him to some good trails Neil?
If by "moto" you're talking off-road motorcycle there's nothing you can hit from Camp May because the Canada Bonita trail to Pipeline is closed to motorized vehicles. The best bet would be to drive to the Pajarito trail head in Rendija canyon and go from there. This should get you to the trailhead: http://www.trailheadfinder.com/trail_editor/show/452

#8 ·
Very Cool Bryan,
It'll be great to see you guys, Hopefully a good turn-out. New intermediate trail should be fun when its finished (probably not hard enough to send Bruce OTB) The jumptrail (named Airborne or Sky Pilot) looked very good yesterday, very rained in and fast :cool: I also started some stuff for next year in the new Giant Ski Terrain Park:eekster: - It will be the NEXT GENERATION of Pajarito FR/Slopestyle :thumbsup:

#9 ·
Looks sweet Neal, I'm stoked about it, a good flowy intermediate trail with some tabletops is right up my alley. I'll be there. I can't wait to try it out.

Don
(who you met two weeks ago the last time the Paj Majal was open on Sunday)
P.S. Send Rich my thanks, I know those tabletops take a lot of work to build.

#10 · (Edited)
DLd said:
P.S. Send Rich my thanks, I know those tabletops take a lot of work to build.
The new intermediate ones aren't too hard since small jumps are pretty quick - I'm not using the back-hoe on the intermediate trail though so there's alot of hard pick axing across the grass slopes. Now the big jumps line is tough because even though its cleared by back hoe there's hours of dirt shoveling by hand

BTW the new trail is only cut in at certain spots so PROCEDE AT YOUP OWN RISK:madman:

#14 · (Edited)
No stoke needed..

Picture perfect day and what Neil and Rich have done up there is something to be admired. I truly hope that the community realizes the efforts that go into engineering this kind of venue and rallies this to be an ongoing effort. As many of you have realized there are places that are just as receptive as 'Paj', including his own finds, and Rich may not be available to maintain the momentum. Just a thought! Either way, I enjoyed today relaxing with friends, some new, some old, and taking in some good FR..thanks Fellas!

BTW...the little ( BIG ) Rock Roller claimed some victims today! And I personally saw notaknob OTB twice:eekster:

#15 ·
Highlight!

Found knob lurking over in the Passion forum. Seems he captured a quite rare event on film...

What do you guys call this thing? Please note that RCC is probably the most photogenic when the **** hits the fan. Notice the smile in the last three frames:confused:

Attachments

#16 ·
Pics from Pajarito 8-30-08

Here's a few I got. The first one's are captures off my camera video. The name of that run is Natrual Selection but I don't think we have a name for the rock rollers. Although they're not drops they kinda remind me of Chicken F..er in Silverton.

RCC, Natural Selection, 1st Rock:thumbsup: :
Tire Bicycle Wheel Bicycle wheel Plant

MTB123, Natural Selection, 1st Rock. I didn't notice this when I took the video but man, that had to have hurt:eekster:
Bicycle Tire Wheel Plant Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

MTB123, Natural Selection, 2nd Rock, redemption, especially since I forgot to get a finger on a brake and broke my visor just after this :madman:
Bicycle helmet Bicycle Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame

RSClimb, Natural Selection, 2nd Rock, fully compressed.
Plant Bicycle Wheel Tree Tire

Patrick at the end of Triple Threat. Just after I took this shot he would have hit me standing next to the tree if I hadn't jumped :eek:
Bicycle Tire Plant Land vehicle Bicycle wheel

Ben at the end of Airborne. This trail was running smooth today :thumbsup: Ben and I both got it dialed by the end of the day :D
Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

#17 ·
I gotta tell ya', your son is impressive. You must be an exceptionally proud parents. The whole family indeed, good peeps!:thumbsup:

I was lucky that I had a decent roll-out when I flubbed on #1, but that stump 'on center' @ the #2 roller is nas-s-s-sty:eekster:

#19 ·
what's everyone looking at...

Mtn. Biker123 said:
Found knob lurking over in the Passion forum. Seems he captured a quite rare event on film...

What do you guys call this thing? Please note that RCC is probably the most photogenic when the **** hits the fan. Notice the smile in the last three frames:confused:
I laughed when I saw that last picture. RCC is still tumblin, but everyone's looking to see how far his bike rolls.

Edit: Found the last one. Notice, no bike in picture.

#20 ·
takes a likin' and keeps on tickin'...

That is a Turner for ya! The RFX was ready for a 3rd run, but I guess the rider wasn't. Funny that no one asked RCC if he was OK until the bike stopped cartwheeling. Guess 'cause he had a shite-eatin' grin the whole time.

#22 · (Edited)
Mtn. Biker123 said:
...Picture perfect day and what Neil and Rich have done up there is something to be admired. I truly hope that the community realizes the efforts that go into engineering this kind of venue and rallies this to be an ongoing effort. As many of you have realized there are places that are just as receptive as 'Paj', including his own finds, and Rich may not be available to maintain the momentum. Just a thought! Either way, I enjoyed today relaxing with friends, some new, some old, and taking in some good FR..thanks Fellas!
Thanks Brian, we actually have had really awesome community support for everything at the ski hill. The scene has grown a lot in the last few of years. Everyone in town loves coming up for biking, hiking, partying, and just enjoying the cool summer weather in the trees. ABQ and SF riders have made our lift days an important event on their calendars too. The ski hill has come a long ways towards supporting our trail building efforts and they're looking forward to working with us on some more big trails like a dual slalom and a top notch downhill course. Those will probably be designed by ABQ riders and built by the ski hill and us volunteers.

#23 ·
All i have to say is thanks to Rich,Neal and everyone else that has made this place posible.I have a blast every time I make it up to pajarito and this last time was no exeption,even with the roll up and all:lol: .sh!t man even my dog had a blast! again thanks a lot:thumbsup:
RCC

Attachments

#24 ·
Mtn. Biker123 said:
I gotta tell ya', your son is impressive. You must be an exceptionally proud parents. The whole family indeed, good peeps!:thumbsup:
Thanks and yeah, very proud, and sometimes very scared too :eekster:

Mtn. Biker123 said:
...1st roller: Enema ...and the 2nd: Smiley 'Face'
:D :D :D Good ones!

#26 ·
two sides

Mtn. Biker123 said:
'Cept I didn't see anyone with a smile on their face going into it...more like the look of someone jumping out of a plane at 15,000 ft for the first time:yikes:
I thought this one was pretty funny. Compare my shot to this one:

One could be captioned "oh crap", while mine is "oooh, that tire feels good"

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.