Bandolero

Mormons learning about Taos

While surfing the net, I came across this article. There's pretty pictures too.
    Last edited by notaknob; 07-16-2009 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Missed an M...
    See the trails, be one with FOO-MTB.
    Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--

banned
    I hear the riding is much better on Sundays!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    shhh! don't tell anyone. I might see even one person on my next ride. I have gone all summer riding just about every day and have yet to come across another person in the woods. I am sure that is all about to change. ha.

Bandolero

White Shirts, Black Tie, backpack and bicycles

Quote Originally Posted by greg de taos
    shhh! don't tell anyone. I might see even one person on my next ride. I have gone all summer riding just about every day and have yet to come across another person in the woods. I am sure that is all about to change. ha.
    I'm sure the LDS'ers will be swamping SBT now that it's been published on the Salt Lake Tribune.
    See the trails, be one with FOO-MTB.
    Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by notaknob
    I'm sure the LDS'ers will be swamping SBT now that it's been published on the Salt Lake Tribune.
    That was funny. Really funny. Seriously. But...every gomer that rides that trail = mo money for Taos locals (even it's just a couple tubes and powerbars). I've ridden high traffic trails and that ain't one yet. Bring on the tie-wearing evangelists!

mtbr member
    Aw come on guys! I'm an avid biker from NM and I'm Mormon (I know - shudder the thought). I ride South Boundary every year and sometimes I'll bring some riders from Utah. But don't worry, most Utahns think Taos is too far to drive to and I promise that if you run into me on the SBT, I won't be wearing a tie and I won't be handing out pamphlets. NM will remain a hidden mountain bike paradise

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I don't care what religion you are. I like to see people on the trails. Some of the stuff up here I can't keep cleared because nobody rides them.
    Mormons were some of the nuttiest kids in my home town, if you ride like they partied, I'll bet you haul ass.

mtbr member
    In my day, I could motor. Now days, I'm content to cruise at a much lower level. I've been mountain biking since the prehistoric era (and I literally have the scars to prove it). I remember hammering some of the trails in Moab on a 40 lb fully rigid bike. No way I could do that today; besides I love my Maverick Durance which compensates for my increased age (and weight). Still, I love nothing more than an epic mountain bike ride. I always tell people it is the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

mtbr member
    I wonder who the hell is in those pictures.........I guess it was a good thing I was spaced on my quote for that story.

Would it have made the story better for you had we talked about the Red-neck NM people on 4-wheelers on the SBT singletrack, when we rolled up the 3 year olds had loaded 22's pointed at us? Just think of the people that would flock to "your" state.
    b

Grinder
    Quote Originally Posted by brianc
    I wonder who the hell is in those pictures.........I guess it was a good thing I was spaced on my quote for that story.

Would it have made the story better for you had we talked about the Red-neck NM people on 4-wheelers on the SBT singletrack, when we rolled up the 3 year olds had loaded 22's pointed at us? Just think of the people that would flock to "your" state.

redneck 4-wheelers is not just going on in NM and you know it. i live in NM and there are many many great trails not just in the toas area. but yea keep them up north away from my trails hehe. and plz spread the word NM sux maybe it will keep out those damn Californians.
    lol all joking aside. NM has millions of miles of unexplored trials just waiting!
    Quote Originally Posted by a stoned guy with a beer in his hand eyeballing your sisters bike
    "i fit my bike to fit me;not for looks...nice did you buy that bike from jc whitney?" Stoner Island 1984