NOOB

Looking for Photographer -- Los Alamos

Alright - so this is an odd place to be looking, but I know quite a few are from the LANL area or at least know the area.

My finace and I are getting married at the end of April (next month) at the Pajarito ski lodge in LA. We're still looking for a photographer for the wedding.

Anyone know someone or shoot themselves?

Just trying to find good people

I <3 NM
    I know someone - I'll drop him a note with a link to here
    "Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.

NOOB
    Yay!!!! :d

Is the bike OK?
    This guy is really good and went to high school with my wife:
    Michael P. Young: Inspired Photography for the Inspiring Senior

I'm not 100% sure he does weddings but it would be worth asking.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I just got married in October at the top of Aspen. We used: http://www.facebook.com/HenrikSandinPhotography and I think he did a great job. I can't seem to find his actual website right now though

mtbr member
    Jeff shoots up at Pajarito a lot. Jeff Hylok Photography | Jeff Hylok
    nix that, livin la vida bandos is a good idea when you're on a Mojo HD

"babies don't drink coors" - del norte

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by BluePanda View Post
    Alright - so this is an odd place to be looking, but I know quite a few are from the LANL area or at least know the area.

My finace and I are getting married at the end of April (next month) at the Pajarito ski lodge in LA. We're still looking for a photographer for the wedding.

Anyone know someone or shoot themselves?

Just trying to find good people
    Sent you a pm!

mtbr member
    Hah hah. Everyone's a photographer! Or everyone at least knows a photographer!

Having been a professional photographer for more than 20 years now, here's a few things to keep in mind when looking for a wedding photographer.

Hire a wedding photographer. There are lots of photographers out there who "would love to shoot weddings," but the results can be disastrous. Experienced wedding photographers know their craft and they'll probably have a lot better ideas about what it is they should/need to shoot. That way it won't fall on you, and you won't have to spend your big day directing the photographer's actions.

Don't "do it on the cheap." Good wedding photographers get paid good money. They are worth every penny. Unless you're planning on getting married a several times, it's best not to have to worry about memorializing the big day the second time around just because you decided to save a few bucks.

Realize that you will pay for the photographer's time, AND you will also pay for the prints. That's the way it works.

Once you pay for the photographer's time, you don't need to purchase every photo he or she shoots. Only purchase the ones you love. If you don't see any that you love, you've been swindled.

And most important of all: never, ever, ever, ever, ever "hire" a friend to shoot your wedding...

There are lots of fine wedding photographers in the area. Do your research diligently, interview several, find the one who is the right match in terms of being able to understand and fulfill your expectations, book him or her, step out of the way and let them do their job.

Best wishes for a happy, lasting marriage.

--Jim
    "You'll thank me when it's all said and done"

NOOB
    Wow team! You guys rock. Thanks for giving me so many options...this helps tremendously.

Custom User Title
    Eric Johnson did a great job for my wedding. Not sure if he's still working (since hallmark closed), but his prices were fair and the product was fantastic (Google does have a number for him).

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I wish I had used some of the ones above for my wedding, but we went with Key photography and was unhappy with the results. Lack of professionalism all around resulted in a unhappy bride; I'd steer clear and pick the ones mentioned.

saddlemeat
    Brian Leddy from Gallup is superb. You see his other work regularly in the mtb rags. brianleddy@brianleddy.com
    A Useful Bear is a handy thing.

mtbr member
    Congradulations! No matter what anyone tells you stay married..... its cheaper

NOOB
    lulz. You guys are all great -- I've been in contact with quite a few of the options listed -- now we'll have to settle on just picking one. Much better problem to have than trying to find one.

I owe you guys!!!