mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Looking for a downhill trail furthest east possible!

I'm in lubbock, tx and from what I hear the only place to get a decent downhill trail around is driving west into new mexico. Can anyone name a location or two that is furthest east in new mexico as possible that can be shuttle down hilled? I cant pedal

mtbr member
    Closest area to Lubbock with lift access that I can think of would be Sandia Peak, just East of Albuquerque. The lifts run on the weekend. Sandia Peak

If you're into more freeride stuff, then closest would be Pajarito in Los Alamos, or Angelfire. Los Alamos is probably 2 hours closer to you than Angelfire, but still a good 8 hour drive from Lubbock. Check the Pajarito schedule before going...they're open every other weekend.

If you want something closer and are willing to pedal to the top, then the mountains outside Ruidoso, NM are probably the closest area with an extended downhill.
    "My life's ambition is to see a musical version of MacBeth performed by chickens."

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Palo Duro Canyon is closest

There is some awesome riding (DH) there.. Hills sport shop in Amarillo.. peace