I wanted to pass on a public note of appreciation to Doug at Taos Cyclery...

Last weekend a friend and I were planning on our second attempt on the SBT (last year we got snowed out...). As the result of an accident my fork was damaged and I want to thank Doug at Taos Cyclery for making things right! He offered a fork from his stock to try to use as a loaner... and when I left some leg warmers and a hat in his car - he even sent them to me. My bike is as good as new and Doug was great!

I also want to offer a public apology to Doug for getting pretty upset... I ended up having to pedal the road from the SBT trailhead back to Taos on a SS - it's mostly downhill - but with a headwind and having the weekends plan's get nixed again on top of the broken Fox... that's not an excuse as much as an expanation.

Thanks for taking care of everything, Doug.

So it is now SBT 2, Steve and Mark 0... perhaps next year (not a free weekend for a few more weeks... we'll see what the weather does).

We did go fishing on the Rio Costilla in the Valle Vidal and I HIGHLY recommend that place ... simply beautiful. Exquisite! Magnificent... Amazing... words don't do that place justice. Great fishing - mostly smallish (<12") so I was using my favorite rod a 3 wt from New Zealand (Composite Developments - the nicest casting rods I've ever used!).

S