mtbr member

Important meeting to attend for those that ride near SF, Th @ 5:30

The SFNF is beginning the process of updating the "Forest Plan". The Forest Plan basically describes how the Forest Service will manage the lands under their control. This is done on an individual National Forest level, so this will only apply to the Santa Fe National Forest. Once the plan has been updated and approved, all activities in the forest have to comply with the plan. If it's not in the plan, they won't let it happen. Attached is the a flyer for the initial round of meetings and there's one in Santa Fe Thursday night. Sorry for the short notice, but I think it's important that there are mtn bikers at the meetings to advocate for their type of usage.

In addition to keeping all our normal trails, I'm particularly interested in adding technical/freeride/DH/bike-only trails, not only because they are fun but because they offer challenge and accomplishment for riders and take pressure/conflict off multi-use trails. I'd love to see others there supporting this too.

Also attached is a resolution SFFTS recently got passed through the City Council and a letter of support from the County for bike specific XC and gravity trails. This was done as part of the application process for Santa Fe to become an IMBA Ride Center. SFFTS has a fair amount of cred with the gov't organizations that are going to have to approve any new trails and we can leverage that to get the trails that we want. As a 501c3 we can also apply for grants to help fund projects. Of course, you have to realize it's a minimum 3-5 year process, and likely 5-10 year process to actually get new trails built on govt land. With the City and County support for bike specific trails, IMBA ride center application, Bike n Brew festival, and Forest Plan revision, now is the time to lay the groundwork for future trails.

Please show up! If we aren't there we have to just live with the result rather than help form the plan.

Please forward this info on to other riders that might be interested in this.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Important meeting to attend for those that ride near SF, Th @ 5:30-city-resolution.jpg  

Important meeting to attend for those that ride near SF, Th @ 5:30-fs-meeting.jpg  

Important meeting to attend for those that ride near SF, Th @ 5:30-ride-center.jpg  

nix that, livin la vida bandos is a good idea when you're on a Mojo HD

"babies don't drink coors" - del norte

mtbr member
    Wish I could make it Chris, good luck with your efforts.
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

-cabra cadabra

Bandolero Crew N.M.
    Same thing going on here in the Cibola Nat Forest. Check out the thread that Kerry posted, ( Cibola Nat Forest and Grassland Plan Revision.) When the plan is in place were stuck with it.
    Sent on my Droid while hitting that $h!t