mtbr member
    Sep 2010

How do I find the Lamy/Galisteo Basin Trails ?

I've head there are some trails on the way out to Lamy somewhere. I think it might be a few miles past Eldorado but I really have no idea, never been out there.

Can someone tell me where those Galisteo Basin trails are and how to find them ? Is it relatively easy, or does it take some doing to find them ? What are they like ? Anything technical ? Elevation gain/loss ?

Thanks for the info!

mtbr member
    Pretty fun but mellow. Here are tracks from an after work ride last week. at least it will get you to the trailhead. easy to navigate
    Bike Ride Profile | Dec 13, 2012 near Lamy | Times and Records | Strava

mtbr member
    Santa Fe, New Mexico, hiking, biking, horse trails

You can ride the rail trail from SF (not sure if it is muddy right now) to get there. GB is in between LT and DB for difficulty but some might say better views than both. You'll be pleasantly surprised I'd say. There is a shortcut from the train tracks at about 5.8 on sweetleaf's track.
    nix that, livin la vida bandos is a good idea when you're on a Mojo HD

"babies don't drink coors" - del norte

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Checked it out the other day. There are some pretty decent trails down there for a winter outing. Most of it is covered in snow right now but everything was plenty rideable and fun.

Aren't there some other trails closer to Cerrillos with some big rocks and some sandstone riding ? I've heard there is some riding over that way but never been.