Hey, wait up!

Horny Toad Hustle - SS or ASS?

We are trying to decide if the SingleSpeeders would like to do the Sport Course - 18 miles / 4,100 feet of climbing

Or would like go Advanced and do the Expert Course, which adds another 7 miles and maybe 1400 feet of climbing (using the Beginner loop but going up to the Cathedral section - map attached below).

Unless we're talked out of it, we're probably going to go with the Advanced Single Speed route, but don't want folks saying we didn't ask.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LCdaveH; 08-16-2008 at 04:49 PM.
    In best Klingon voice: Today is a good day to ride!

New Mexico Off Road Series

Dirt Rocks!

Let Go, and Let Bike.

mnt bike laws of physics
    Okay

You know as well as I do, those singlespeeders are into pain and suffering. Besides it's fun riding with Dave Wilson....i'm always amazed how he keeps up with me on his SS. Damn him.

Thread Pollution
    A s s all the way .distance means nothing ,hills have meaning and change the date to December for us del norte's

Not an O2 thief.
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by makachut
    A s s all the way .distance means nothing ,hills have meaning and change the date to December for us del norte's
    I like Wacker's idea of the December date. It's so much nicer down here at that time.....no fear though. The Puzzler will return in early Feb.
    Roll over the weak and bunny hop the dead!

Blog this...!

El Paso Puzzler 35 or 50 miler

Hey, wait up!

Elevation revised

Despite my April tracking of the course and data which is shown at the top of the related post, there was disbelief at the amount of climbing. I thought it was a little strange myself.

I have another data track for the sport route that shows *only* 2,913 feet of climbing over an 18.13 mile loop. That is significantly different that what the first scouting report indicated.

SSers do not despair; this is an SS friendly course. Even I can SS it (mostly). The ASS portion would add maybe about 1,600 more climbing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

And Going Nowhere Fast
    Awesome, 25 miles + 4500 feet of climbing. Sounds like a killer ride down south. Much more manageable than 25 mi and 5600 ft of climbing. This new profile definitely opens the door for a higher, faster gear. Can't wait for the fall races.
    Dead Last Doesn't Mean Loser