Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31
  1. #1
    Hey, wait up!
    Reputation: LCdaveH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,446

    Horny Toad Hustle - September 20, 2009

    Fresh thread.



    Main info page

    Register online

    The big map (Cat 2 and SS)
    Last edited by LCdaveH; 09-20-2009 at 03:42 PM.
    In best Klingon voice: Today is a good day to ride!

    New Mexico Off Road Series

    Dirt Rocks!

    Let Go, and Let Bike.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    104

    camping

    camping and toilets near the staging area? Can't find any info on this subject. Thanks.

  3. #3
    Hey, wait up!
    Reputation: LCdaveH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,446
    Desert style tent, car, RV dry camping around the start area. BLM property. It's primitive, but it's free. Porta-potties in the start area as well.

    Que bueno?
    In best Klingon voice: Today is a good day to ride!

    New Mexico Off Road Series

    Dirt Rocks!

    Let Go, and Let Bike.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    606
    Quote Originally Posted by danjmeyers
    camping and toilets near the staging area? Can't find any info on this subject. Thanks.
    ... and, I might add, for a p-lot, it's pretty darn good camping. Quiet, great view and a not so bad surface. That is, except for the eve of the race. As I recall, you'd have to be deaf to get any rest there the night before the race. I'll probably hang there after a ride thurs pm.

  5. #5
    Hey, wait up!
    Reputation: LCdaveH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Garson
    ... and, I might add, for a p-lot, it's pretty darn good camping. Quiet, great view and a not so bad surface. That is, except for the eve of the race. As I recall, you'd have to be deaf to get any rest there the night before the race. I'll probably hang there after a ride thurs pm.
    damn punk ass kids - get off my lawn ya hear!

    In best Klingon voice: Today is a good day to ride!

    New Mexico Off Road Series

    Dirt Rocks!

    Let Go, and Let Bike.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    606
    When you gonna flag it, Dave?

  7. #7
    7MGTE
    Reputation: supramk388's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,705

    Super D?

    Dave,

    I checked main page and just wanted to make sure. This is only a XC race correct? Looks like no, but will there be a Super D race offered as well?

  8. #8
    Hey, wait up!
    Reputation: LCdaveH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Garson
    When you gonna flag it, Dave?
    The course is flagged. Follow the [SIZE="5"]PINK[/SIZE] flagging on the right hand side for the Cat 2 (Primary) course.

    We will be putting up more signage as the week goes on. Refer to the Map and follow the Route Notes, and all should be good.

    We are also rebuffing the trail between rain showers.
    In best Klingon voice: Today is a good day to ride!

    New Mexico Off Road Series

    Dirt Rocks!

    Let Go, and Let Bike.

  9. #9
    Hey, wait up!
    Reputation: LCdaveH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,446
    Quote Originally Posted by supramk388
    Dave,

    I checked main page and just wanted to make sure. This is only a XC race correct? Looks like no, but will there be a Super D race offered as well?
    Yes, the HTH is an XC event.

    But, we do have a (mostly) downhill Coaster Race on Saturday evening. No chains allowed, gravity and paddle power only. Winner gets a bottle of a Horny type of liquid.

    Meet at the HQ parking lot to depart by 6pm.
    In best Klingon voice: Today is a good day to ride!

    New Mexico Off Road Series

    Dirt Rocks!

    Let Go, and Let Bike.

  10. #10
    Big John
    Reputation: Spanky_88007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    166

    Purty Good

    Was out there the other day when Ray was posting the arrows, looking good so far. The ribbon does its job. Only overshot the 90 degree turn off to the Rollercoaster after having done the hill climb. Ooops.

    Here's to hoping no major rains come through between now and Sunday.

    Oh, and here's to hoping there are no men in thongs at the Chainless on Saturday. Jesus, I'm still traumatized from 2 years ago.
    Road, mountain, commute, CX... who cares? Shut up and ride!

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    606
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky_88007
    Was out there the other day when Ray was posting the arrows, looking good so far. The ribbon does its job. Only overshot the 90 degree turn off to the Rollercoaster after having done the hill climb. Ooops.
    Good that you mention that. I also missed that turn last year after that section was marked, mentioned it to Dave, and he beefed up the ground marking for the race. Seems like there may have been a warm body there, too.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    606
    Can someone refresh my memory as to how to get to that southwestside parking area?

    Do you just skip the right turn onto Desert Wind Way, and go straight out to where the pavement ends and then make another right and head on out?

  13. #13
    Hey, wait up!
    Reputation: LCdaveH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,446
    If you mean the "Suegras" parking area by the "Turtleback" rock, shown as "Point K" on the map, you correctly describe how to get there.
    In best Klingon voice: Today is a good day to ride!

    New Mexico Off Road Series

    Dirt Rocks!

    Let Go, and Let Bike.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    606
    Did you put the little martini glass on the map, because you understood the question, and that's the way to go, or did you give me all the other information because you thought I was asking about the southEASTside parking area?

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    606
    Quote Originally Posted by LCdaveH
    If you mean the "Suegras" parking area by the "Turtleback" rock, shown as "Point K" on the map, you correctly describe how to get there.
    Thanks, Dave.

  16. #16
    Hey, wait up!
    Reputation: LCdaveH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Garson
    Did you put the little martini glass on the map, because you understood the question, and that's the way to go, or did you give me all the other information because you thought I was asking about the southEASTside parking area?



    .....
    In best Klingon voice: Today is a good day to ride!

    New Mexico Off Road Series

    Dirt Rocks!

    Let Go, and Let Bike.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    606
    Quote Originally Posted by LCdaveH
    We are also rebuffing the trail between rain showers.
    Man, if you get it tomorrow like I'm getting it at my house this evening, I'm going to be surfing those Horny arroyos on my thermarest.

  18. #18
    Hey, wait up!
    Reputation: LCdaveH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,446
    Results

    Click Here!

    Last edited by LCdaveH; 09-20-2009 at 03:57 PM.
    In best Klingon voice: Today is a good day to ride!

    New Mexico Off Road Series

    Dirt Rocks!

    Let Go, and Let Bike.

  19. #19
    Big John
    Reputation: Spanky_88007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    166

    Oops!

    Quote Originally Posted by LCdaveH
    Results

    Click Here!


    Tried to follow the link and got the following, instead...

    "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"
    Road, mountain, commute, CX... who cares? Shut up and ride!

  20. #20
    Hey, wait up!
    Reputation: LCdaveH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky_88007
    Tried to follow the link and got the following, instead...

    "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"
    Maybe now.

    Clickeez

    Last edited by LCdaveH; 09-20-2009 at 04:09 PM.
    In best Klingon voice: Today is a good day to ride!

    New Mexico Off Road Series

    Dirt Rocks!

    Let Go, and Let Bike.

  21. #21
    Big John
    Reputation: Spanky_88007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    166

    Outstanding!

    Quote Originally Posted by LCdaveH
    Maybe now.

    Clickeez
    I've never seen a better layout of race results, um, EVER!

    Road, mountain, commute, CX... who cares? Shut up and ride!

  22. #22
    Hey, wait up!
    Reputation: LCdaveH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky_88007
    I've never seen a better layout of race results, um, EVER!

    I might even have an updated version after I have another beer (or 2).
    Last edited by LCdaveH; 09-20-2009 at 08:07 PM.
    In best Klingon voice: Today is a good day to ride!

    New Mexico Off Road Series

    Dirt Rocks!

    Let Go, and Let Bike.

  23. #23
    Real Estate Guru
    Reputation: RichieRich's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    110

    Picts

    Dave, I took some picts here is the link. Free picts for everyone.

    Rich Walters

    http://picasaweb.google.com/BuynSellNM/LasCruces2009HorneyToadHustle?feat=directlink[/URL]

  24. #24
    Big John
    Reputation: Spanky_88007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    166

    Fixed it for ya.

    Road, mountain, commute, CX... who cares? Shut up and ride!

  25. #25
    Hey, wait up!
    Reputation: LCdaveH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,446
    Quote Originally Posted by RichieRich
    Dave, I took some picts here is the link. Free picts for everyone.

    Rich Walters

    http://picasaweb.google.com/BuynSellNM/LasCruces2009HorneyToadHustle?feat=directlink[/URL]
    Rich,

    Great pics

    Thank you!
    In best Klingon voice: Today is a good day to ride!

    New Mexico Off Road Series

    Dirt Rocks!

    Let Go, and Let Bike.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •