Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Hey, wait up!
    Reputation: LCdaveH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,451

    Horny Toad Hustle - 2009

    Trying something new for GoogleEarthers.

    Here is a link to a post with a link to the interactive course map in Google Earth.

    Click on the attachment to download the GE file.

    Someone let me know if it works as intended.

    .d.
    In best Klingon voice: Today is a good day to ride!

    New Mexico Off Road Series

    Dirt Rocks!

    Let Go, and Let Bike.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: uconn1150's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    76
    I didn't get any markers, just a blue outline of the course.

  3. #3
    Hey, wait up!
    Reputation: LCdaveH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,451
    Quote Originally Posted by uconn1150
    I didn't get any markers, just a blue outline of the course.

    I've heard from two folks that it works ok, and from you for whom it doesn't.

    Hmm.

    Is your GEarth updated?

    Do you see the placemark lables in your sidebar (see below)? That is the limit of my troubleshooting.

    .d.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    In best Klingon voice: Today is a good day to ride!

    New Mexico Off Road Series

    Dirt Rocks!

    Let Go, and Let Bike.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: uconn1150's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    76
    "Do you see the placemark lables in your sidebar (see below)? That is the limit of my troubleshooting."

    Nope, no labels, just path...

  5. #5
    Hey, wait up!
    Reputation: LCdaveH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,451
    Quote Originally Posted by uconn1150
    "Do you see the placemark lables in your sidebar (see below)? That is the limit of my troubleshooting."

    Nope, no labels, just path...
    How about the link in this post?
    In best Klingon voice: Today is a good day to ride!

    New Mexico Off Road Series

    Dirt Rocks!

    Let Go, and Let Bike.

  6. #6
    Hey, wait up!
    Reputation: LCdaveH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,451
    Or, a direct link???
    In best Klingon voice: Today is a good day to ride!

    New Mexico Off Road Series

    Dirt Rocks!

    Let Go, and Let Bike.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: uconn1150's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    76
    Both links show the markers now. What does the interactive "thingy" supposed to show?

  8. #8
    Hey, wait up!
    Reputation: LCdaveH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,451
    Quote Originally Posted by uconn1150
    Both links show the markers now. What does the interactive "thingy" supposed to show?
    Interactive: You can zoom in, zoom out, rotate, tilt, play a video tour, etc.
    In best Klingon voice: Today is a good day to ride!

    New Mexico Off Road Series

    Dirt Rocks!

    Let Go, and Let Bike.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: uconn1150's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    76
    Gotcha, very nice! Just no video?

  10. #10
    Hey, wait up!
    Reputation: LCdaveH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,451
    Quote Originally Posted by uconn1150
    Gotcha, very nice! Just no video?
    With the "Path" highlighted, click the "Play Tour" button. Wait a sec and see if it goes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    In best Klingon voice: Today is a good day to ride!

    New Mexico Off Road Series

    Dirt Rocks!

    Let Go, and Let Bike.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: uconn1150's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    76
    Thanks much Dave! What was the matter with the very 1st link above? Thanks again!

  12. #12
    Hey, wait up!
    Reputation: LCdaveH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,451
    Quote Originally Posted by uconn1150
    Thanks much Dave! What was the matter with the very 1st link above? Thanks again!
    I didn't select all the right info to upload to the Google. It was my first time trying it.

    In best Klingon voice: Today is a good day to ride!

    New Mexico Off Road Series

    Dirt Rocks!

    Let Go, and Let Bike.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: uconn1150's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by LCdaveH
    I didn't select all the right info to upload to the Google. It was my first time trying it.

    Not a problem...just wanted to make sure I wasn't messing up. Thanks!

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    607
    Dave, if you're viewing a course like this in Google Earth, is there anything you can do to get Google Earth to generate an elevation profile from the data in the file?

    thx.

  15. #15
    Hey, wait up!
    Reputation: LCdaveH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,451
    Quote Originally Posted by Garson
    Dave, if you're viewing a course like this in Google Earth, is there anything you can do to get Google Earth to generate an elevation profile from the data in the file?

    thx.
    I don't know.

    What about the elevation profile on the HTH webpage?



    And: are you using this GEarth data file, with route points?
    .
    .
    .
    Last edited by LCdaveH; 08-30-2009 at 11:05 AM.
    In best Klingon voice: Today is a good day to ride!

    New Mexico Off Road Series

    Dirt Rocks!

    Let Go, and Let Bike.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    607
    Quote Originally Posted by LCdaveH
    I don't know.

    What about the elevation profile on the HTH webpage?

    And: are you using this GEarth data file, with route points?
    .
    .
    .
    Yes, I was aware that you had all the bases covered on the HTH webpage, Dave.

    My question was of the general nature, as in, if all one has is the GEarth data file, like the one you provided, can you get GE to generate an elevation profile from the data contained?

    That's a great HTH map. If GE offered better resolution, it could render the pre-ride obsolete - another blow to local economies.

    Thanks.

  17. #17
    Hey, wait up!
    Reputation: LCdaveH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,451
    Quote Originally Posted by Garson
    Yes, I was aware that you had all the bases covered on the HTH webpage, Dave.

    My question was of the general nature, as in, if all one has is the GEarth data file, like the one you provided, can you get GE to generate an elevation profile from the data contained?

    That's a great HTH map. If GE offered better resolution, it could render the pre-ride obsolete - another blow to local economies.

    Thanks.
    Well ......

    If you save the GEarth file, go to this website, load the file, and select elevation profile you can get this.



    (Nothing beats the pre-ride!)
    .
    .
    .
    In best Klingon voice: Today is a good day to ride!

    New Mexico Off Road Series

    Dirt Rocks!

    Let Go, and Let Bike.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    607
    Quote Originally Posted by LCdaveH
    Well ......

    If you save the GEarth file, go to this website, load the file, and select elevation profile you can get this.


    (Nothing beats the pre-ride!)
    .
    .
    .
    Yessirreeee. You sure can. You never cease to amaze, Dave.

    And you're right about the pre-ride, but it'd still be great to be able to review the rock you endoed over, or the cactus that stabbed you, while viewing GE.

    Thanks again.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1
    Hy
    Thank you very much...Today is a good day to ride!
    JCB

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •