View Poll Results: Attendance

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES: I would love to participate in this trail day!

11 100.00%
  • NAH!: I got better things to do

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    banned

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Gutierrez Canyon Trail Day!! [Need A Head Count]

I spoke with Eric and due to the amount of responses in the other thread, he's concerned about the #'s. Can he get a head count for those who think they will be attending?
    Last edited by Mtn. Biker123; 11-13-2009 at 09:38 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Since you can only vote once, please be sure to add a comment here if you're planning on bringing any additional people.

Thanks for setting this up, Mtn. Biker123.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Yep, thanks for doing the poll. As stated in the previous thread, I will be dragging two teenagers away from video games on that day to help out.

banned
    I'm sure that Jay would like to get an idea of how many are interested in riding out from his restaurant in the morning.

I <3 NM
    What's the date again/time?
    "Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.

Heckler db
    May 2008
    December 5th @ 9:00 am

"I'm just a patsy"
    I'm in! Heckler, it will be good to work with you on the trails (met you with PJ, Bry & CJ some time ago).

tardcore
    I formally signed up and again extend my offer for parking and a guided tour of some of the trails via bike.

Heckler db
    May 2008
    http://www.pinkbike.com/video/109486/
    just a fun little video of a nice rollout in GC canyon open space.
    hope you all enjoy it!

BOOST THAT SH*T!
    I'm in
    "A splendid time was had by all and all were had." ~ Wire Train

BOOST THAT SH*T!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heckler db
    http://www.pinkbike.com/video/109486/
    just a fun little video of a nice rollout in GC canyon open space.
    hope you all enjoy it!
    thanks...
    "A splendid time was had by all and all were had." ~ Wire Train

RCC
    Bandolero
    I'm in.

What about tools?
    RCC
    I heard the mission bell
    And i was thinking to my self
    This could be heaven or this could be hell...

Bandolero
    i'm in

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by RCC
    What about tools?
    RCC
    Open Space will provide the tools. Jim Sattler and I will be out ahead of time to flag out any new alignment and to clear any trees or large brush. On the day of the project we'll have shovels, hand saws, mcleods, pulaskis, mattocks, and pry bars for moving large rocks. You should plan on providing your own hats, gloves, boots, sunscreen, water, food, etc.

Also, for those biking in, we'll be staging at the trailhead (very limited parking) on Gutierrez Canyon Rd., just north of Hobart Rd. We'll need all hands on deck to help transport the tools on foot from there to the project site, about 0.8 miles each way. It's up and over a good-sized ridge, so you may want to stash your bikes at the project area and walk the rest of the way to the staging area.

Thanks for all the interest in this work day. Based on the response so far, we've got a good-sized crew lined up. We don't need to cap it just yet, but we shouldn't need a whole lot more than the dozen or so we've got right now.

Also, here's the map showing where the staging area is: http://tinyurl.com/yfb2kj8

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ezsemlye
    Open Space will provide the tools. Jim Sattler and I will be out ahead of time to flag out any new alignment and to clear any trees or large brush. On the day of the project we'll have shovels, hand saws, mcleods, pulaskis, mattocks, and pry bars for moving large rocks. You should plan on providing your own hats, gloves, boots, sunscreen, water, food, etc.

Also, for those biking in, we'll be staging at the trailhead (very limited parking) on Gutierrez Canyon Rd., just north of Hobart Rd. We'll need all hands on deck to help transport the tools on foot from there to the project site, about 0.8 miles each way. It's up and over a good-sized ridge, so you may want to stash your bikes at the project area and walk the rest of the way to the staging area.

Thanks for all the interest in this work day. Based on the response so far, we've got a good-sized crew lined up. We don't need to cap it just yet, but we shouldn't need a whole lot more than the dozen or so we've got right now.

Also, here's the map showing where the staging area is: http://tinyurl.com/yfb2kj8
    No offense, and I'm guilty too! Mt. Bikers are notorious for being flakey sometimes. Should the cap be around 15? That way we are sure to get at least as many as what is comfortable. Some may want to leave early..etc... I know of a few people that may show, but haven't posted in this thread yet.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I'm sure this head count isn't the exact number we'll actually have on the project day, so I don't think we need to set a definite cap. Right now, the interest level seems appropriate for the prject. If things really take off and we see a flood of new replies to this thread, we may need to cap it. But for now, we've still got some wiggle room on the numbers.

banned
    Cool, you've got a lot more experience with these groups than I do. See you on trail day!

Bandolero Crew N.M.
    I couldnt miss out on this fun. See you there.

Heckler db
    May 2008
    reminder!!! Trail work this saturday dec. 5 @ 9:00 am at the gutierrez canyon rd. traihead.
    build, ride, maintain!

banned
    So, where's everyone meeting?

I'm thinking I'd like to get a start from PJ's or The Green Side.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Just got back from fine-tuning the alignment and clearing the start of a new section of trail (just in case we have time left over after finishing the first section and closing off the old trail). It should be a great day.

Just a reminder to those planning on biking to the project from the SR 14 side of the property - we'll need a lot of help hauling tools from the parking area (Gutierrez Canyon and Hobart Roads), which will be hard to do on a bike. You may want to stash the bikes before heading up and over the ridge that runs along Gutierrez Canyon Rd.

Looking forward to meeting and working with you all...

tardcore
    My place s fine, depending on when you guys wanna start we'll get in a short ride and leave our bikes on top of the ridge and hike down. Just let me know who wants to park at my place, if we start at 8 we can see more of the area, 8:30 a fun little DH through the canyon and a short climb to the top. I'm voting for shorter it's gonna be cold but being a gracious host I'll be happy for either. Plus we can ride after the work too. PM for directions to the house if you wanna roll local style.

tardcore
    I just looked at the map of the parking area to verify the location and noticed if you zoom a hair and look due East you can see my street, Alamo Hueco. It's a cul de sac so parking is not an issue and we'll pedal across to the work area. You access it from S14... Anyway PM me or follow, Bry, Steve, or Dyna they all know where it is.
    Last edited by pjlama; 12-02-2009 at 11:22 PM.

tardcore
    Dup
    Last edited by pjlama; 12-02-2009 at 11:14 PM.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pjlama
    My place s fine, depending on when you guys wanna start we'll get in a short ride and leave our bikes on top of the ridge and hike down. Just let me know who wants to park at my place, if we start at 8 we can see more of the area, 8:30 a fun little DH through the canyon and a short climb to the top. I'm voting for shorter it's gonna be cold but being a gracious host I'll be happy for either. Plus we can ride after the work too. PM for directions to the house if you wanna roll local style.
    Cool, we'll pick up some BB's @ Jays and then head over. I don't quite remember how to get to your house. email directions to andradab@comcast.net.

Thanks Pj!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast